Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ,
My motherboard always showed 70*C in Speed fan and i thought it was just a error but this afternoon when i touched it , it sure felt like 70*C is this okay or is it harmful for my computer? , im thinking of putting a fan on it would that help or no?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Thats your nForce bridge chip heat sink... most have a fan to assist in cooling... perhaps you should consider an upgrade to better cool it!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i put a little cd drive fan on it , doesnt really do anything and i cant put anything else on it because the PCI-E card goes overtop of it...

·
Registered
46 Posts
fredster102, I won't pay much attention cause I've manually put a sensor (from an LCD) and even overclocked(from windows
... what a pitty) it wont pass of 48 degrees.... I have atached an old celeron fan and it reduced from average 51 full load to average 48. and u know... motherboard monitor and speedfan will tell me 70-72 (70 iddle, 72 100% ussage).

PD i have sent u my msn

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yah i think im just gonna get a new fan for it tonight cause if its cooler im guessing i can get a better o/c

·
Registered
1 Posts
ogando_jose , yours is relitivly low because you have a low end graphics card , the more you drive through the chipset the hotter it will get , infact with a single 7800gtx 512 running on one of these boards you cant run a benchmark program without a freeze , they almost instantly hit 80 degs c and freeze.

There is no room for added cooling AT ALL , unless you saw 2 inches off the tail end of your graphics card , but this is obviously not an option.

Thinking of overclocking with this board , think again unless you are prepared for a house fire.

Personally i wouldnt buy one of these boards for any reason at all , they aren't a good answer even in the low end of the sli board range. I am lucky enough to run a place that builds and tests all kinds of new pc's and get to test the good the bad and the ugly , this baby falls into the BAD AND UGLY catigory all at once.

Think of it like this , you have bought a 100 dollar board , expect NO MORE than 100 dollar results , want nice cool stable running with a world of overclocking ability spend 300 and buy a DFI or ASUS sli board.

Another thing to keep in mind , we all know that CPU's , GPU's and Ram modules are rarely the cause of system failure , usually the MoBo packs it in and usually they give no sign of the coming failure and just stop... You guys are getting a BIG sign of nearing failure and ignoring it... if your chipset is hitting 70-80 degrees dont expect to get 6 months out of the board before it fails , because unlike a GPU or CPU the motherboard really cant handle the heat.

Cheers , Dyno.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts