Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi , i have upgrading my bios for my z68xp-ud4 to F4 from F1, running prime95 i discorver my cpu was x37. The problem is in my BIOS the multiplier is set to x33. Even if i load "Optimized bios" the issue persist. In easytune i got Deafult : 3.7ghz CPU1: 3.77 CPU2: 4.33 CPU3: 4.47. What's going on? Seems that all the value are wrong?!?! Is the bios setting turbo mode automatically?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I don't think I understand the question....you got +2-3 deg when?

I have an H80. At idle, at stock speed, CoreTemp 1.0 reports 26-28C. At load, my system reports maybe 55C (aprox, I forget). Load = Prime95 blend (stock standard test). My ambient room temp is 22C, plus or minus 1C.

2-3C variation could just be environmental. It could be if you made a very small change in voltage or clock speed.

There isn't a time when I would worry about 2-3C, that could be just about anything and is probably right about the margin for error in non-controlled conditions. If you have a 10-12-15C variation you don't understand, that's the time to figure out what's going on.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
yea turbo is working corerctly. Also if you change ram above 13.33 multiplier it defaults to 37x cpu multi on GB boards

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin0822;15217635
yea turbo is working corerctly. Also if you change ram above 13.33 multiplier it defaults to 37x cpu multi on GB boards
Well, possibly partially true but there is a workaround. I have mine running at 18.66X with a 48X multi in each of the 4 turbo iterations. The stock top multi I left at 33.

What is true, is if I enable XMP profile for RAM, THAT sets the cpu back to stock multi, as others have also reported.

Also, it may be unique to my system/RAM, but enabling Turbo crashes my system.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by keto;15217632
I don't think I understand the question....you got +2-3 deg when?

I have an H80. At idle, at stock speed, CoreTemp 1.0 reports 26-28C. At load, my system reports maybe 55C (aprox, I forget). Load = Prime95 blend (stock standard test). My ambient room temp is 22C, plus or minus 1C.

2-3C variation could just be environmental. It could be if you made a very small change in voltage or clock speed.

There isn't a time when I would worry about 2-3C, that could be just about anything and is probably right about the margin for error in non-controlled conditions. If you have a 10-12-15C variation you don't understand, that's the time to figure out what's going on.
When i run prime95 now with Default 3.7Ghz i got +2-3° same vcore. My room temp is always 23-24°.

That's what i got ,all turbo things are setted to Auto. I've never touched the overclocking section. Only memory setted to 16.00.

miotemph80.jpg

Thats my temps on Idle. Just re-mounted my h80 with AS5... seems normal to you?
How have you applied your thermal paste on H80? Vertical line , rice dot , or spread all surface with covered-finger?

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keto;15217700
Well, possibly partially true but there is a workaround. I have mine running at 18.66X with a 48X multi in each of the 4 turbo iterations. The stock top multi I left at 33.

What is true, is if I enable XMP profile for RAM, THAT sets the cpu back to stock multi, as others have also reported.

Also, it may be unique to my system/RAM, but enabling Turbo crashes my system.
i am telling you how it works on GB LGA1155 boards, that is all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts