Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like gigabyte will be releasing a p67 itx board soon. Ill prob put this in my extra sg05 case
smile.gif

http://techreport.com/discussions.x/20219

"Fortunately, Gigabyte has more than one Mini-ITX motherboard in the works for Sandy Bridge. A P67-based model is on the way that will drop the display outputs in favor of CPU overclocking support. Naturally, you'll need to run a discrete graphics card with that particular model. We don't have much in the way of additional details on the P67 offering, but the H67 version should be ready by the end of the month."

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doober
View Post

same awkward cpu placement as current h67

The one pictured was the H67 board. Awesome news if true. Hopefully, they'll place the CPU socket away from the PCIe slot this time. Pretty sure they've received a lot of complaints about that already.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Saw that previously. I'm waiting on a "good" mobo for my SG-07 Build. Already have my 2600-K waiting.

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Doober
View Post

same awkward cpu placement as current h67

-doober

The H55 had the same placement, which was unfortunate. I bet the P67 will be the same.

·
Premium Member
3,639 Posts
In other news, why is it that all the ITX boards out are h67 so far? I don't imagine p67 takes any additional board spacing/ routing skills.

·
Premium Member
3,806 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter;12003082
In other news, why is it that all the ITX boards out are h67 so far? I don't imagine p67 takes any additional board spacing/ routing skills.
Because most people buying Mini-ITX will probably actually make use of the integrated GPU on Sandy Bridge for HTPC, really small desktops, etc. In those cases, the S models may even be preferable. There's a demand for high-performance SFF but I reckon that's a smaller slice of the pie.

Another issue with M-ITX is power. Overclocking requires better power delivery. As far as I'm aware, the GA-H55N-USB3 only has 4+2 phase power. Most other M-ITX boards only come with 3-phase. As it is, on the H55N-USB3, you almost give up overclocking if you go quad. Sure, you can still overclock but it'll be very limited.

I still have my fingers crossed that we'll get Z68 Mini-ITX.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Would be very nice to have in a HTPC when I move next year...
depending how nice the overclocking flavoured board is...

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter;12003082
In other news, why is it that all the ITX boards out are h67 so far?
It's a problem with perception. Same reason why the majority of micro ATX boards have IGP while the majority of ATX boards do not.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
fyi i emailed gigabyte regarding info on the new p67 itx board and this is the response they gave me.

Answer : Dear Customer,

We have announced the new product, but no release date was set. My best guess would be sometime in Feb/Mar.

Thank you for choosing Gigabyte products
Question - 1033009
Sent : 1/21/2011 12:15
Question : Is there a scheduled release date for your new p67 itx board?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts