1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

anyone got this board?

I have F2 Bios installed

I can't seem to get AVX working it just crashes the system, on both bios F1 & F2. is this broken?

·
Registered
5,374 Posts
Are you running everything at stock speeds and voltage?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found another problem would this be the motherboard or cpu

at stock speed and everything returned to default on the motherboard, the clock speed step does not clock down to an idle speed, it stays around 4.4-4.7ghz.

the voltage core clocks down though.

i've tried both bios F1 & F2 but still the same.

any help - i've emailed the shop i got it from as i only bought it on the 4th.

thanks

warren

·
Registered
5,374 Posts

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
Are you cooling your VRM? What's your current limit set at?

If you're running 4.8GHz <1.3V you likely need an AVX offset , try offset 2 or offset 3

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
What are you running at 4.8GHz overclock that is not stable, also what processor do you have? You need to increase Vcore for overclocking stability. Show a screenshot of HWiNFO of CPU and VRM temperatures.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
here is screenshots of it with the motherboard restored to factory default, as you can see clock speed does not idle.

wingmann i'll take screenshots of it overclocked at 4.8ghz

last pick is under load

Attachments

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Everything you are doing is fine and since it is crashing with AVX offset in use on default settings, I would say it is a motherboard problem. My suggestion would be to contact Gigabyte e support.

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
AVX Offset Auto might be 0 for all we know.

I would try AVX offset 3 , 4 , or even 5 (so 48 - 5x multi = 4.3GHz) based on your low voltage.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
as i said Alpha offset doesn't work at all on any settings, it just crashes the system, i've called the company i bought and i'm changing the board to as asrock taichi.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
as i said Alpha offset doesn't work at all on any settings, it just crashes the system, i've called the company i bought and i'm changing the board to as asrock taichi.
Sounds like a good plan.:) Post back if you have no offset problems with CPU you have using the asrock taichi.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts