Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
AMD Red Team FTW!
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

as predicted by many others, 1080 AIB cards will cost just as much as the founders edition if not more

where did i get this from? it's out there but not really out there...but you can find it if you look hard enough

why the watermark? because i thought it would be funny to do so since those other sites are so thirsty for exclusives so they might use the image

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,864 Posts
It doesn't say it will cost $700+, it says its a $700+ value...there is a difference. Which is the same as those infomercials on tv that say something is a $100 value but sell it for $19.95.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
I guess the $599 price tag is only there for 1 reason = for Nvidia buyers to use that to compare against any AMD's offering or existing Nvidia product.
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Yeah, any time they put value in there, it GENERALLY means it will be cheaper than that.

But once again, the Founder's Edition is OVERVALUED simply because it has locked Vregs.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diffident View Post

It doesn't say it will cost $700+, it says its a $700+ value...there is a difference. Which is the same as those infomercials on tv that say something is a $100 value but sell it for $19.95.
$700+ value for only $679.99! If it turns out being $599, I'll genuinely be surprised.

It could have been worse, but prices will continue creeping higher and higher after each generation. Some people will be so happy they aren't paying more than the FE but fail to realize they're already overpaying.

·
AMD Red Team FTW!
1,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diffident View Post

very good correlation , the whole nvidia presentation was an infomercial

so let me get this straight

$599 msrp, $699 founders edition, $700+ value AIB

so you're telling me it will be valued at $700+ but sold at $599 or less? i mean just the fact that people are confused about this whole pricing situation with founders edition shows how they are trying to bamboozle us

and this is coming from somebody that will be getting a free 1080, i'm just fighting the good mission for the people
biggrin.gif

·
Professional Proletariat
5,671 Posts
I will literally eat a hat if this thing comes out at $599. Yes I am that confident.

• Rep+
Reactions: Eorzean

·
Simpleton
1,894 Posts
I think this is how it will go- regardless of what amd says, nvidia still thinks or know pol10 will maybe better. so they announced 2 prices. if pol10 suks you will see 1080 selling at 699+, if pol10 is close to 1080, 1080 will sell at 600+. this 2 type pricing is just to milk nvidia loyalists until pol10/vega;).

·
Registered
609 Posts
I wish people did some research before making comments

The 9xx series xtreme gaming edition GPU's have a massive price premium over say the G1 gaming or the Windforce models

No surprise that the 1080 xtreme gaming is going to be expensive.

If this card is $700 you can be certain that the g1 gaming / windforce from the same manufacturer will be a lot closer to $600

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,320 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post

Yeah, any time they put value in there, it GENERALLY means it will be cheaper than that.

But once again, the Founder's Edition is OVERVALUED simply because it has locked Vregs.
Ok so what evidence you have that the gigabyte extreme isn't voltage locked?

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Doesn't the FTC regulate the term MSRP? Can't nVidia, eventually, get in trouble for publishing B.S. prices that don't exits?

• Rep+
Reactions: i7monkey

·
1689 Federalist
11,738 Posts
You don't say something has a $700 value and then sell it for $700. Some of you guys are reading this wrong.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post

Doesn't the FTC regulate the term MSRP? Can't nVidia, eventually, get in trouble for publishing B.S. prices that don't exits?
Not a lawyer but it means manufacturer suggested retail price. It's the price the manufacturer recommends. Doesn't mean it will be sold at that.

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
Right, you sell it for $699.99.
:2coolsmil

Seriously though, if it is somehow less than $700 it will more than likely be closer to $700 than it will be to $600.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzamples View Post

as predicted by many others, 1080 AIB cards will cost just as much as the founders edition if not more

where did i get this from? it's out there but not really out there...but you can find it if you look hard enough

why the watermark? because i thought it would be funny to do so since those other sites are so thirsty for exclusives so they might use the image
Something is screwy here. Where are you even seeing this in the first place. Thread courtesy requires the OP to provide a link even if the original source eventually gets scrubbed. I'm not seeing it on Gigabyte's website yet.

Anyway the xtreme series are their higher end cards. It's like comparing an EVGA Kingpin with an EVGA SSC.

For them to insinuate this would be $700 or less when compared to past xtreme prices this would be more like $750 or even $800 makes you gloating over this watermark usage really pretentious and questionable.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Built for VR?

We can barely get stable ports and devs havent been interested in aiming at the high end since the launch of the ps360. Now, all of sudden, everyone needs that high end card just to play the same lame games and walking simulators with screens strapped to their foreheads.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts