Overclock.net banner

661 - 680 of 1436 Posts

·
Sexagenarian
1,052 Posts
Any news from GB acknowledging the rear audio port issue?

Nothing I can do is able to fix it unless I completely shut the pc off and turn the PSU switch off and then back on.

This is totally unacceptable for a motherboard which is not entry level and claims to be "high end"... it got paid like one, that I know for sure.

I had cheaper Asus and MSI motherboards in the past and never had similar issues, which makes this even more baffling.

Do we know if is it hardware related?
I believe it is but have no definitive proof , that said , it behaves similarly on Linux to how it does on windows .
At this stage I have pulled the board out and put an Asus Crosshair vii Hero in . A pretty expensive solution though .

·
Registered
91 Posts
I believe it is but have no definitive proof , that said , it behaves similarly on Linux to how it does on windows .
At this stage I have pulled the board out and put an Asus Crosshair vii Hero in . A pretty expensive solution though .
Just an FYI for you and anyone else having this issue.

Gigabyte support answered to me on this.

They said

Dear *******,

Thank you for emailing GIGABYTE.
We are delighted with your interest in our products.

Please try update the Firmware attached and see if it helps:

IFU_xe32_v1090.zip

Regards
I did it and now we will see if the issue will still be showing up or not.

I don't know though why they didn't put this file available for anyone on the product page among drivers and other stuff.

It's not a BIOS update, just a firmware update but I don't know exactly for what. I'm not even sure I did it correctly because after flashing my PC restarted automatically and then after rebooting no confirmation or anything else showed up.

Attachments

·
PC Enthusiast
21 Posts

They said

I don't know though why they didn't put this file available for anyone on the product page among drivers and other stuff.

It's not a BIOS update, just a firmware update but I don't know exactly for what. I'm not even sure I did it correctly because after flashing my PC restarted automatically and then after rebooting no confirmation or anything else showed up.
It seems to be firmware update for ITE8686E chip which takes care of reading temps/voltages/fan speeds (based on HWinfo). Did you create the pdf file or it was included within the zip? And, BTW, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is it still considered a solid choice ? Or Alternatives like x470 gaming pro carbon or crosshair vii are better now ?

3200CD14 16GTZR compatibility issues?

The rear output audio problem is a standard one? Although I intend to use usb presonus audio card.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is it still considered a solid choice ? Or Alternatives like x470 gaming pro carbon or crosshair vii are better now ?

The rear output audio problem is a standard one? Although I intend to use usb presonus audio card.
I'm happy now, but I've never dumped so many hours into a motherboard. And I've built lots of PCs. Gigabyte's support was not good in my opinion either. This is my last Gigabyte purchase in the foreseeable future. If I had it to do over again I'd choose another manufacturer.

·
Registered
7 Posts

I'm happy now, but I've never dumped so many hours into a motherboard. And I've built lots of PCs. Gigabyte's support was not good in my opinion either. This is my last Gigabyte purchase in the foreseeable future. If I had it to do over again I'd choose another manufacturer.
I can feel your pain spending hours to sleep problem, but let me also tell you that coming from sleep /hibernate has some issues to all manufacturers, since I remember from many years back. Too many variables involved this theme. Anyway happy for you , at least you solved the issue.

As I have to get involved building desktop from DFI/Abit years is it wise spending money to this board over the b450 tomahawk MSI ?

How is the support level these years from gigabyte? (Considering the upcoming ryzen 3000) ?

Vrms power delivery except this board from gigabyte in b450/x470 is relatively weak, comparing let's say to Asus series or MSI that have more boards capable to support ryzen 3000.

That makes me think that is more probable the Asus team work more to put out BIOS es supporting the upcoming future ryzens comparing to gigabyte team.

Edit: the rev.1.1 of this board also makes me think that the audio back output issue is hw related ?

Edit 2: M2 slot underneath the VGA is a good idea?

·
Registered
91 Posts
It seems to be firmware update for ITE8686E chip which takes care of reading temps/voltages/fan speeds (based on HWinfo). Did you create the pdf file or it was included within the zip? And, BTW, thanks for sharing.
That very zip file was sent to me by Gigabyte itself, pdf included of course.

If that chip only takes care of reading I can't see how it could be responsible for the audio issue but what do I know. Maybe it also handles voltages and that could be the cause too.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As I have to get involved building desktop from DFI/Abit years is it wise spending money to this board over the b450 tomahawk MSI ?

How is the support level these years from gigabyte? (Considering the upcoming ryzen 3000) ?

Vrms power delivery except this board from gigabyte in b450/x470 is relatively weak, comparing let's say to Asus series or MSI that have more boards capable to support ryzen 3000.

That makes me think that is more probable the Asus team work more to put out BIOS es supporting the upcoming future ryzens comparing to gigabyte team.
I understand no manufacturer is perfect. So far Asus has been my best experience. And surprisingly I've done bunch of budget builds with ASRock and been very happy. Given issues I've read I'm not sure I'd use them for a premium build, but my personal experience has been good.

I wouldn't expect the support issue at Gigabyte to get better based on this:

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/gigabyte-layoffs-motherboard-sales-decline-2019,38543.html

·
Registered
29 Posts

I using F4-3200C14-8GTZR @ 3333Mhz 14-14-14-28-42 1.38v, will try higher clocks when i have time, too busy gaming atm :3

rear audio issues is pretty rare for me if i do have it i just shutdown the psu, power off the psu wait a bit then restart.

They released the ver 1.1 of the motherboard so maybe they fixed the problem.

·
PC Enthusiast
21 Posts
That very zip file was sent to me by Gigabyte itself, pdf included of course.

If that chip only takes care of reading I can't see how it could be responsible for the audio issue but what do I know. Maybe it also handles voltages and that could be the cause too.
Thanks for the response. Please, let us know if it did resolved the issue. I am sure many will be happy to hear from you on this issue. :thumb:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is it possible that F8 runs worse than F4J for Ram overclocking? I can't get my FlareX 3200 Mhz Ram run on 3333 Mhz fast Ram Calculator preset. This was possible with F4J. I overclocked for 9 hours today...all failed with both tm5, Karhu, AIDA64 after 5-30 minutes. Tried so much. Nothing worked. I can only run 3333 with Auto Subtimings.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Is it possible that F8 runs worse than F4J for Ram overclocking? I can't get my FlareX 3200 Mhz Ram run on 3333 Mhz fast Ram Calculator preset. This was possible with F4J. I overclocked for 9 hours today...all failed with both tm5, Karhu, AIDA64 after 5-30 minutes. Tried so much. Nothing worked. I can only run 3333 with Auto Subtimings.
I too have this "problem", in the last bios I have always found a drop in the ram frequencies, I
was stable at 3481mhz cl 14-15-15-15 with f4, with the subsequent up to f8 always worse with gskill 3600c17 2x8 b -die.
Edit: I did some tests with patience, I arrived at 3481mhz safe ram, more frequency or lower timings is not stable in testing I think the best is 3276mhz fast (use bclk 102.4) for gaming (voltage 1.35v).

·
Registered
137 Posts
I too have this "problem", in the last bios I have always found a drop in the ram frequencies, I
was stable at 3481mhz cl 14-15-15-15 with f4, with the subsequent up to f8 always worse with gskill 3600c17 2x8 b -die.
Edit: I did some tests with patience, I arrived at 3481mhz safe ram, more frequency or lower timings is not stable in testing I think the best is 3276mhz fast (use bclk 102.4) for gaming (voltage 1.35v).
I actually found it easier to get RAM stable with F6-F8

Edit: G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3600C16D-16GVK 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4

·
Registered
69 Posts
I actually found it easier to get RAM stable with F6-F8

Edit: G.Skill Ripjaws V F4-3600C16D-16GVK 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4
Which stable setting?
I can not go beyond 3481 with relaxed times, so I prefer less frequency with faster times and less volts
I have G.Skill F4-3600C16D-17GVK ram

·
Registered
137 Posts
Which stable setting?
I can not go beyond 3481 with relaxed times, so I prefer less frequency with faster times and less volts
I have G.Skill F4-3600C16D-17GVK ram
Try upping your DRAM voltage, whats it currently at?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Try upping your DRAM voltage, whats it currently at?
currently 3330mhz fast timings with 1.4v (in bios) and vsoc 1.031v.
Even raising the ram voltage up to 1.48v and vsoc at 1.25v I do not get stability at 3533mhz with cl 16.
For the 3480mhz safe timings the ram requires 1.44v.
I think it is the limit of the imc of my cpu

·
Sexagenarian
1,052 Posts

They said

Did that file fix the issue ?

661 - 680 of 1436 Posts