Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Newest BETA BIOS with AGESA 1004B (11/20)
  • Per CCX Overclocking Support
  • Many additional options opened/moved under Tweaker -> Advanced CPU Settings

X570 AORUS Xtreme - F10D
X570 AORUS Master - F10D
X570 AORUS Ultra- F10D
X570 AORUS Pro Wifi - F10D
X570 AORUS Pro - F10D
X570 I AORUS Pro (ITX)- F10D
X570 AORUS Elite - F10D
X570 AORUS Elite Wifi - F10D
X570 Gaming X - F10D

Older BETA BIOS with AGESA 1003 ABBA (10/15)

X570 AORUS Xtreme - F5E
X570 AORUS Master - F7E
X570 AORUS Ultra- F6E
X570 AORUS Pro Wifi - F6E
X570 AORUS Pro - F6E
X570 I AORUS Pro (ITX)- F6F
X570 AORUS Elite - F5F
X570 AORUS Elite Wifi - F3F
X570 Gaming X - F5F

AGESA 1004B Change Log

Useful Docs

VRM Info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CnA5xLV4F9_x99QBE0lxWcDxGctE9eBRUg_GwHjM9z0/

PCIe Diagrams: https://drive.google.com/open?id=193tSL7U6VwPwnWYm4NPdjQQ3xZwShiAD

FAQ

Q: What is "High frequency support" under XMP?
A: This is a quick way to adjust Infinity Fabric speed manually.
  • Level 1 = 1600 IF
  • Level 2 = 1700 IF
  • Level 3 = 1800 IF
  • To go above 1800 IF set the speed manually, do not use these presets.

Q: XMP doesn't work!
A: Make sure you are:
  • Using slot A2/B2 - From CPU skip a slot, RAM, skip a slot, RAM. I cannot emphasize this enough. If you are helping someone T/S a problem this should be your first question.
  • You are using the latest BIOS.
  • For debugging RAM please keep everything else default.
  • If the above don't help post your RAM kit and any steps you have tried to fix the problem.

Q: My RAM voltage goes to 1.2V when setting a CPU multiplier.
A: Your OC is unstable. Try raising Vcore.

Reported Issues Status

Issue | | Status
Disabling CSM causes BIOS to become slow||Reproducible / Working on a fix*

*Temporary work around on latest BETA (F7B) - Press CTRL-F6 in BIOS. Set resolution to "VGA First" This will lower resolution but should fix the lag. Its just a temporary work around. Let me know if if works.

I dont see my BIOS on the webpage!!!

We have tons of servers worldwide. If you don't see a file, or get access denied, it means the file hasn't propagated there yet. You need to go to the global page...

Here is an example of the US page: || gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/
Here is an example of the global page: ||gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570-AORUS-MASTER-rev-10/

Notice the only difference is the "/US". Simply remove that. For EU remove "/EU", etc... If you get the access denied message try the ASIA server. Its the same file, just a different mirror!

How to use Q-Flash Plus without a CPU:

Attachments

· Premium Member
523 Posts
NDA is up so lets talk!

ahh still dont know if i sould go for the Master(because of the 3.0 Front USB ports)
or for the Asus Hero, because i think the Bios COULD be better and MAYBE a bit better RAM OC (4 Sticks 3733)
4 sticks 3733 isnt a problem. I can do 4x4000 with XMP, 2x4266 with XMP. Those are the only kits I have tried thus far. 4x3733 should be a cake walk.

Attachments

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Please, please expose SYSFAN3 / PCH in SmartFan 5, or give us BIOS control for it. My X570 Aorus Master's chipset fan is running at 4300 rpm constantly (chipset temp 57c) and the high pitch noise is driving me crazy. I'm nearly at the point of returning the board and dropping back to X470. I can't stand it.
I hear y'all, I will work on it.

· Premium Member
523 Posts

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Great to hear. I have an Arous Master X570, and was considering returning it due to the fan. It really needs to be in SmartFan..

Can you tell me what Bios are the newest? I have F5e but cannot boot with G.Skill 3600 2x8gb in XMP profile, it defaults down to 2133.
Really? Newest if F5E.

Can you try F5C - http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_f5c.zip

I have 4x8GB @ 4000 XMP no problem. Worked on all the F5x BIOS I have tried.

· Premium Member
523 Posts
In the middle of an AMA on reddit, so I'll circle back and answer any question in this thread later today. Did want to cross post this so you guys are up to date on chipset fan.

I already have a test BIOS to play with today. We will release new profiles (hopefully tomorrow). Drops the decibels about 5 in my office (very unscientific testing. Noisy office as you can hear in video). Heres a video to show the difference - beginning is new profile, end is old profile: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-3VsSrKn-pRbZ1jt5P2n0nv6iic7Sonx/view?usp=sharing

New profile = 0-4 second mark, Old profile = 4-8 second mark.

P.S. These profiles will be available on all boards, not just master.

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Huge help having an actual employee respond. My board shipped with F3 Bios, I tried to post XMP profile but it did not post. I updated to F5e last night and got the same exact result, reverts to 2133. I plan to try manual settings after work today, maybe just try to post @ 3000 speed...

Here is the exact G.Skill 3600 Kit I am using:
F4-3600C17D-16GTZR
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232483

FWIW I do not see this kit model # on the supported list: http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x570-aorus-master_matisse.pdf
I do see some type of AMD Specific memory kit G.Skill 3600: F4-3600C16D-16GVK'

I also installed the latest chipset driver from AMD on the Gigabyte x570 Master page.

Is F5c supported? I do not see it anywhere on the Gigabyte site.. Do you have a kit part # for 3600 speed you recommend?
Dang, I only have the 3200 version of this RAM. Here is F5C http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_f5c.zip

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Im looking at purchasing the Aorus master but the only thing holding me back is the chipset fan not having user control over rpm and read about the ryzen 3000 cpus not hitting advertised boost speeds which was replicated on other boards aswell. If that gets fixed soon i will definitely get one, coming from Asus for x370 and x470 this could be my first gigabyte board :)
Posted this earlier in the thread but we will have fan profiles (hopefully tomorrow, end of week for sure) that cut the RPM/noise in half.

Boost speeds you can read through the threads on reddit and here... Its the same on all our boards, nothing to do with master/gigabyte. We we're the first to post the AGESA 1003AB BIOS (F5E). Others are slowly catching up. There is no new AGESA code as of me posting this to update.

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Update on fan -

I got a new test bios today. If everything checks out we will have 3 profiles and manual fan curve control. Manual control is new and why we have a new test BIOS. Also why I don't have a public beta yet. Once validated I'll have a beta bios for y'all to try.

(Very hasty test on my own system. Not scientific at all. Ymmv on rpm based on ambient Temps and load)

Silent - fan rpm 1600 idle / 1800 load.
Balance (default) - rpm 2000 idle / 2200 load.
Performance - rpm 2600 idle and load.

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Yeah I got my Kit at MC as well. I think i'm going to go with a QVL supported kit, as I just want to set XMP and move on.

When I did some investigating into the many G.Skill 3600 kits, G.Skill make a nearly identical kit with CL18 (AMD) vs CL17 (Intel, what we have). I might give it one more try by loosening timings to see if its more compatible, but I really just want an XMP supported kit. To my understanding this kit should work, but x570 support is still too new to know for sure.
Can you send me a picture of the serial number sticker on the kit. I'll send it to my guys to see if they have that kit in house to test or can get it.

· Premium Member
523 Posts
You are a Godsend. Any chance that beta bios will drop today at all?
Nope, taiwan is just waking up and by the time they get around to finalizing anything I will be asleep :) Soon though - From past experience I would rather iron out any small issues I find first, then release the BIOS. Otherwise I am posting a new BIOS everyday. It gets confusing, and makes for a bad experience. Honestly the BIOS I got this morning is 95% good, I have 2 suggestions for the engineers then I think were good to go.

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Does the Extreme have the ability in bios to change from PCIe 4.0 to 3.0?
I only have master, I don't see the option off hand. Is this something you need? If so why? The PCIe speed is auto negotiated depending on what you plug in.

*Edit: GBT_Matthews, humble reminder about chipset cooler compatibility (mounting dimensions, a mere hole center to hole center distance, whatever you're in a position/allowed to provide)
The holes are not standard. I requested mechanical drawings for the PCH fans and VRM section, incase you guys wanna get super crazy and make a custom VRM block or something lol.

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Who is ready for fan stop? :)

In this BIOS you will find 3 profiles - Silent, Balance (default) and Performance. Balance and Performance will almost always have the fan spin, even at idle, without additional cooling directed at the PCH. If you have good airflow, or even a fan aimed at the PCH it's possible to cool the PCH to a level where the fan will stop. If you want the fan to be off during idle use the silent profile. Of course this is all dependent on airflow and ambient temperature.

• If no issues are found in this test BIOS we will convert it to a BETA BIOS and release it for all the SKU's.

• I know this is the internet, but I would prefer not to spread this wild in places like reddit. If you want to link to this post, so be it, but don't start a new thread about it until its atleast a BETA is available. I assume people here are a little more tech savy and willing to flash a BIOS just to test - its OCN right? Just know that chances are you will be flashing an even newer BIOS as early as tomorrow.

Note, this is a "T" BIOS. T = Test. This is intended for internal testing. Today I am releasing it for you guys to help test as well.
This should be considered an "alpha" release. *Use at your own risk*

P.S. The reason we call it a test BIOS is because we have not validated all the normal stuff, although one would assume if nothing changed nothing changed - This assumption is not always true as any programmer here can attest! This means we have not yet tried a bunch of memory to make sure XMP was still solid. We didn't try overclocking, or voltages, or really anything past adding a fan profile. Test means we assume that this one change will not affect other non-related issues, but we need to test before releasing. So if you wanna be a tester and see what happens here's your chance!

Attachments

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Manually forcing older PCIe Generations is helpful when your priority is booting/using a maximum number of pcie devices where the amount of bandwidth to the device is less important than the ability to have them all controlled and recognized by the same host. I'm coming over from intel land for the first time, well ever actually, and this option was standard even on B250 low-end years old mobos as well as up to current z390.
Hi there.

Does the Extreme have the ability in bios to change from PCIe 4.0 to 3.0?

Will Ryzen 3000 series be the last to use AM4?

Its under settings -> miscellaneous -> PCIe Slot configuration (Gen 4/3/2/1)

· Premium Member
523 Posts
Just flashed the test bios, in performance mode the pch fan is running at 2600rpm and from about 3 ft away I can't hear it over the sound of my other fans.
Actually hit the nail on the head. The testing we have done this week was to measure case fan vs pch fan. Our goal was to keep pch fan right below case fan, thus making the pch fan inaudible (or at least washed out by case fan noise). That way we max "performance" (ie keep it cool) without being able to tell if the fan was off or on. Obviously there are so many fans on the market, custom fan curves, etc... it's impossible to do this. But that was kind of our test parameters when trying different curves.

1 - 20 of 195 Posts