Overclock.net banner

1981 - 2000 of 14864 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Change PCIE from auto to PCie 3.0. For T lower vcore to 1.2x insteead leaving it in auto.
Ryzen have a core die on the side not in the center like cpus have till now. So it is good to think how to apply paste on cpu this time. I have it not around 38C in idle, was around 50C if I remember correctly, at stock settings in bios.
thank you, i will tried, the paste nice spread and try 3 different, in idle cooler is all time cold, you mean CPU voltage to 1.2V is this to low for some boost cpu or?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've been too early pleased. After some time I make a restart and the three beeps came again.
And after some minutes I play GTA V BSOD with memory failure comes.

Any suggestions?

Regards

·
Registered
794 Posts
thank you, i will tried, the paste nice spread and try 3 different, in idle cooler is all time cold, you mean CPU voltage to 1.2V is this to low for some boost cpu or?
You can use the Zen 2 layout diagram to apply your thermal paste. The original source is from a recent Level1 Techs video.

edit: you can also try to apply a negative offset to your vcore to see if that helps with temps. You need to set vcore from auto to normal on the tweaker page for the offset option to be usable. maybe try -.00625 to start with

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
Change PCIE from auto to PCie 3.0. For T lower vcore to 1.2x insteead leaving it in auto.
Ryzen have a core die on the side not in the center like cpus have till now. So it is good to think how to apply paste on cpu this time. I have it not around 38C in idle, was around 50C if I remember correctly, at stock settings in bios.
without success GEN3, just show code 07...i have to put without strip

You can use the Zen 2 layout diagram to apply your thermal paste. The original source is from a recent Level1 Techs video.

edit: you can also try to apply a negative offset to your vcore to see if that helps with temps. You need to set vcore from auto to normal on the tweaker page for the offset option to be usable. maybe try -.00625 to start with
I stretch the paste to cpu, can't find negative offset, set from auto to normal, for now no changes

thx

·
Registered
21 Posts
x570 Aorus Master with 3900x boosting behavior

Anyone with master f5 bios have terrible time recovering from dram overclock failure?

Took me 15 mins of power cycling to get back to the bios reset screen.

In that time, it's either black screen of nothing and then stuck aoruos splash screen to windows recovery screen and then finally bios reset.

15 mins of frickin powering on off and mashing reset in between, just to get into bios.:specool:
I've found that the easiest and quickest way to escape that situation is to always save your settings to a profile, and also save a copy of your profile to a file on a flash drive.
When faced with a boot failure situation like that, just immediately go for the Clear CMOS button so you can quickly get back to default settings. Then you can load your profile back up either from the BIOS, or from a file, and edit them as needed.

I am using a 3900x with an x570 Aorus Master, currently on version F5. I've found that the factory F3 version works the best as far as single-core boost, that is to say, only on version F3 (AGESA 1.0.0.3) do I see 4.6-4.625ghz (momentary) boost, and ~4.5ghz sustained under CineBench single-core with fans at max. I've tried the various F5 versions, and version N11 (AGESA 1.0.0.2), and every version other than F3 is restricting my fast CCD to 4.3ghz max under single-core load. I'm certain that my single-core boost testing is performed correctly, as I'm carefully setting thread affinity on CineBench after the bench run has started (as CineBench resets the affinity mask to default at the start of every bench run, thanks devs..), and verifying which core is at 100% load, and that the other cores are idling.

I've noticed that on version F3, during CB R15 single-core, the idle cores sit at about 2200mhz on average, while the single-core bench thread rides at about 4.5ghz sustained (with fans at max, sitting next to an A/C vent, with case side-panels removed). But on any other BIOS version, I just cannot get anything better than 4.325ghz single-core boost, if I'm lucky, and it generally just will not go past 4.3ghz at all. But, at least on BIOS F5 I'm seeing 4.3ghz max on 2 out of 6 cores on my slower CCD, which is slightly higher than I get on version F3.

On version F5 and N11, under CineBench single-core, even though only one thread out of the 24 is fully loaded (on one of my 4.6ghz capable cores), all of the other cores boost up with it to nearly 4ghz. So it would seem that since the idle cores aren't allowed to settle down to a low clock speed near to 2ghz, that the boosting algorithm thinks there isn't enough headroom to allow the 4.6ghz capable cores to boost up high as a result.

It seems clear that AMD has a long way to go in order to fully optimize the core boosting algorithms, and in my opinion, they should add options to manually control the boosting behavior. For example, there should be a setting to enable a boosting profile which guarantees that headroom is always maintained to allow the faster cores to boost to maximum clock speed when requested, at the expense of lowering the overall multi-core boost, which should be desirable for most games and light tasks to run optimally.

When it comes to the operating system integration, it also seems clear that a lot of work is left to do. Such as ensuring that low priority / background service threads *never* get scheduled onto the high speed CCD / cores, and that heavily loaded threads are always scheduled onto the high speed cores first.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Dont do it if everything works...i lost 1ns AIDA latency (confirmed with over 200 AIDA runs) on my perfectly stable RAM settings. Id appreciate a download link to the F5l version. Want to go back to that version, where i could hit 63ns latency regularly.
Here you go good sir. I actually was pretty angry the other day because this fully updated (non Fast Ring) Windows 10 Pro install automatically deleted the entire contents of my Downloads folder, destroying my original F5L download in the process.
I still had the F5L BIOS image on my flash drive, so I went ahead and zipped it back up in the same fashion as the original and uploaded it here for you:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/c13vwp2bms5a5kl/mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_F5L.zip/file

Also, here's a link to version F3 as well, which came pre-loaded on my board, and works the best of all for me so far in terms of the single-core boost actually reaching 4.6-4.625ghz on my 3900x. I've seen some folks report their board coming with version F4 on it, and I've never seen a download link for version F3, so here is a link in case it helps someone:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/zjvy6fp6g4t3iny/mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_f3.zip/file

I also just went ahead and attached the files to this post, never tried that before.

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
Here you go good sir. I actually was pretty angry the other day because this fully updated (non Fast Ring) Windows 10 Pro install automatically deleted the entire contents of my Downloads folder, destroying my original F5L download in the process.
I still had the F5L BIOS image on my flash drive, so I went ahead and zipped it back up in the same fashion as the original and uploaded it here for you:

mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_F5L

Also, here's a link to version F3 as well, which came pre-loaded on my board, and works the best of all for me so far in terms of the single-core boost actually reaching 4.6-4.625ghz on my 3900x. I've seen some folks report their board coming with version F4 on it, and I've never seen a download link for version F3, so here is a link in case it helps someone:

mb_bios_x570-aorus-master_f3

I also just went ahead and attached the files to this post, never tried that before.
For historical reasons, here are all the BIOSes for AORUS Pro (non-WIFI):

GDrive Folder
Mega.nz Folder

·
Registered
21 Posts
3800mhz CL16 stable @ 1:1:1 on 3900x + x570 Aorus Master with BIOS F5

I did just get 3600 safe v1 stable after a very short memtest. I was trying manual on the latest ram calculator. Has anyone gotten 3800 successfully on a master yet with tridentZ 3600cl16? I do have to say my multicore boost i soooo much better with this board and my new psu(seasonic focus+)
Yes, I'm using G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR (b-die kit, with x570 Aorus Master + 3900x), and as of BIOS version F5 and settings from Ryzen DRAM Calc v1.6.1, I've been able to get 3800mhz CL16 safe settings with 1:1:1 1900mhz fClk:uClk:mClk seemingly stable (CineBench R15 and R20 multi-core, MemTest/MEMbench in Ryzen DRAM Calc v1.6.1). But I didn't do a long burn-in test because the CineBench multi-core performance was inferior to RDC v1.6.0.1 3600mhz CL14 fast settings. I was able to almost boot into Windows at 3733mhz CL14, so I'm wondering if 3733mhz CL14 can work with tweaked settings, or perhaps CL15.

I'm curious to see how that upcoming G.Skill F4-3800C14-8GTZN b-die will do. It seems that memory speed beyond 3600mhz is only of benefit to Ryzen 3k if you can get the timings tighter than CL16, despite the increase in the Infinity Fabric speed @ 1:1:1. Or perhaps 3733-3800mhz CL16 with tight sub-timings makes a big difference. I haven't tried to get the 3733mhz or 3800mhz CL16 fast profiles to work yet. Ryzen DRAM Calc v1.6.1 estimates my kit could possibly reach 4055mhz CL16, but version 1.6.0.1 only estimated 3624mhz CL14. I was unable to get my kit past 3600mhz until I tried the new RDC v1.6.1 settings with BIOS F5, boy did that turn my frown upside down!

Interestingly, there's a *large* difference in high fps gaming performance in BFV online matches when comparing 3200mhz CL14 XMP to 3600mhz CL14 fast settings from Ryzen DRAM Calc, like: 20+ more average fps! Surely, results will vary greatly depending on the workload (and GPU). But that really surprised me, since in the predominant launch coverage of Ryzen 3k we've been led to believe that the fastest usable memory kits/clocks are of little benefit vs an average 3000-3200mhz kit. Well, not if the timings are tight! This video shows the stark contrast in BFV between 3600mhz CL14 fast vs 3200mhz CL14 XMP:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got an AM4 bracket for my old Noctua D14 for ****s n' giggles, I'm running it with just the center 140mm fan and it's a bit lack-luster with a 3900x. Idle/browsing runs at 32-42C and full load is 73-83 depending on the load.

I think for air your only good options would be the Dark Rock 4 Pro or a D15(S) with dual fans (or even triple), I decided against this route as I want to see my fancy RGB RAM lol. I'm looking to get a Fractal S36 360mm AIO, as it's the only reasonably priced 360mm Asetek AIO in Canada. Waiting for a sale price, the temps are fine for gaming for now.
I'm a bit surprised at those temps with the D14, I wonder how high your ambient temp in the room was/is?

I'm also using a 3900x, but with its stock Wraith Prism cooler with the pre-applied TIM, and my average temp is 30c at idle/browsing, ~68c max when looping CB R20 multi benches. However, I am cheating because my case side-panels are removed, with my open case butted up against an A/C vent, with the A/C running most of the time these days. Also my fan profile is aggressive and quickly ramps to max RPM under heavy load for all of my fans. Wendell over at Level 1 Techs noticed that on the 3900x with the Wraith Prism, both CCDs, and the I/O die each has its own dedicated direct-touch heat-pipe, pretty clever!

I feel like there's no reason to upgrade from the Wraith Prism unless I go to a crazy open-loop WC setup with a giant/thick rad in push+pull, or two large and thin rads in series. Even then, the primary benefit would be to keep the noise down under heavy load, which definitely isn't worth it to me.

·
Gaming enthusiast
850 Posts
Yes, I'm using G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR (b-die kit, with x570 Aorus Master + 3900x), and as of BIOS version F5 and settings from Ryzen DRAM Calc v1.6.1, I've been able to get 3800mhz CL16 safe settings with 1:1:1 1900mhz fClk:uClk:mClk seemingly stable (CineBench R15 and R20 multi-core, MemTest/MEMbench in Ryzen DRAM Calc v1.6.1). But I didn't do a long burn-in test because the CineBench multi-core performance was inferior to RDC v1.6.0.1 3600mhz CL14 fast settings. I was able to almost boot into Windows at 3733mhz CL14, so I'm wondering if 3733mhz CL14 can work with tweaked settings, or perhaps CL15.

I'm curious to see how that upcoming G.Skill F4-3800C14-8GTZN b-die will do. It seems that memory speed beyond 3600mhz is only of benefit to Ryzen 3k if you can get the timings tighter than CL16, despite the increase in the Infinity Fabric speed @ 1:1:1. Or perhaps 3733-3800mhz CL16 with tight sub-timings makes a big difference. I haven't tried to get the 3733mhz or 3800mhz CL16 fast profiles to work yet. Ryzen DRAM Calc v1.6.1 estimates my kit could possibly reach 4055mhz CL16, but version 1.6.0.1 only estimated 3624mhz CL14. I was unable to get my kit past 3600mhz until I tried the new RDC v1.6.1 settings with BIOS F5, boy did that turn my frown upside down!

Interestingly, there's a *large* difference in high fps gaming performance in BFV online matches when comparing 3200mhz CL14 XMP to 3600mhz CL14 fast settings from Ryzen DRAM Calc, like: 20+ more average fps! Surely, results will vary greatly depending on the workload (and GPU). But that really surprised me, since in the predominant launch coverage of Ryzen 3k we've been led to believe that the fastest usable memory kits/clocks are of little benefit vs an average 3000-3200mhz kit. Well, not if the timings are tight! This video shows the stark contrast in BFV between 3600mhz CL14 fast vs 3200mhz CL16 XMP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPsEncp5M4s
I will also be keeping my eye on those F4-3800C14-8GTZN, I got 3733 stable with good subtimings this week. Going to try and get 3800 cl16 stable this weekend and bench then see if i can get a good 3600 cl14 going and bench all three and see where Im at gaming wise.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You need to use Ryzen Master as that is the only software right now that can accurately read Ryzen's sleeping core states. What you are seeing in HWiNFO64 is the last reported PID before the core goes to sleep and since Ryzen cores change frequency up to 1000 times per second it is very hard to see what is going on without Ryzen Master.

If you still do not see any cores sleeping in RM make sure you have the latest AMD chipset driver installed and are using the Ryzen Balanced power plan in Windows
Something's wrong, I can't install the ryzen master, it was never on my computer!
:O

Attachments

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm a bit surprised at those temps with the D14, I wonder how high your ambient temp in the room was/is?

I'm also using a 3900x, but with its stock Wraith Prism cooler with the pre-applied TIM, and my average temp is 30c at idle/browsing, ~68c max when looping CB R20 multi benches. However, I am cheating because my case side-panels are removed, with my open case butted up against an A/C vent, with the A/C running most of the time these days. Also my fan profile is aggressive and quickly ramps to max RPM under heavy load for all of my fans. Wendell over at Level 1 Techs noticed that on the 3900x with the Wraith Prism, both CCDs, and the I/O die each has its own dedicated direct-touch heat-pipe, pretty clever!

I feel like there's no reason to upgrade from the Wraith Prism unless I go to a crazy open-loop WC setup with a giant/thick rad in push+pull, or two large and thin rads in series. Even then, the primary benefit would be to keep the noise down under heavy load, which definitely isn't worth it to me.
I don't know what to do anymore, just reading everyone is doing ok, just open this forum and temp is 45-50 the cooler non stop boost that sound, previously had cooler enermax and the temperature was a little better and quiet, i thought there was also something wrong with cooler, took it back, gap between heatpipes is higher,... now i run F6 bios and not once does it go normally in windows, I always seem to rewrite bios,...why so many problems with amd, facing a new problem
the pc is out of box

·
Registered
6 Posts
X570 Aorus Elite user here...

Flashed from F4j to F4 (also tried F4m, same issue), getting the perpetual aorus splash screen windows loading error others have been getting...tried to load optimized defaults, still didn't work. Only fix so far is to go back to F4j. System spec below:
If I get this loading screen with the aorus splash screen, it means there is an booting/posting error?

Has anyone had issues with disabling csm (native uefi) or slow secure boot boot time? I do not get bios slowdown with csm disabled but the option keeps flipping from Disabled to Enabled almost every boot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I am using a 3900x with an x570 Aorus Master, currently on version F5. I've found that the factory F3 version works the best as far as single-core boost, that is to say, only on version F3 (AGESA 1.0.0.3) do I see 4.6-4.625ghz (momentary) boost, and ~4.5ghz sustained under CineBench single-core with fans at max. I've tried the various F5 versions, and version N11 (AGESA 1.0.0.2), and every version other than F3 is restricting my fast CCD to 4.3ghz max under single-core load. I'm certain that my single-core boost testing is performed correctly, as I'm carefully setting thread affinity on CineBench after the bench run has started (as CineBench resets the affinity mask to default at the start of every bench run, thanks devs..), and verifying which core is at 100% load, and that the other cores are idling.

I would love some additional information on how you are setting the thread affinity on CineBench. Although I have been close, I still have yet to see 4.6 GHz on any core. I am wondering if it is because it is bouncing around to different cores while running the benchmark.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It seems to be work. In BIOS and AIDA64 it shows 3200MHz Frequency. Only this way worked. Thanks a lot. Funnily after a cold boot (cordless before) it beeps three times again but the preferences still saved. I try it three or four times and everytime only one beep and start..
I had similiar problems also reported it here, and no one cared. In my understanding, there is a bug that auto fails for the RAM voltage and it tries with 1.2V and crashes /reboots several times. For me forcing it to 1.35V worked (it boots fast now, and is 100% stable). I also did:

- load optimized
- load XMP
- set RAM voltage to 1.35V
- reset on case open OFF
- CSM OFF
- fast boot ON (not extreme)
- save reboot

Try these settings too. You could also try 1.36V for your RAM. My RAM is G.Skill Flare X DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-3200, CL14-14-14-34.

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Someone please help I am very new to this and very confused, I have x570 Aorus elite wifi (F4j), Ryzen 3900x, 3200 MHZ CL16 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM.

At first I was having issues like everyone else not being able to turn on XMP, I finally was able to turn it on by setting the DRAM voltage to 1.35 manually, however it made my system very unstable, getting BSODs left and right and even ran HCI memtest and got an error within the first 2 minutes. Also the same happened with DRAM voltages up to 1.39, I'm not sure if I should keep going.

I tried following some RAM OC tutorials to set the timings manually but they all use DRAM Calculator which gives me 3200MHZ CL14(I think so) even though I can't even get CL16 to be stable. And also DRAM doesn't give me a CAS latency timing which my mobo BIOS is asking for.

What should my next step be in order to get my ram to become stable? Currently it is running at the default 2133 MHZ CL15, any help is greatly appreciated and needed.

·
Registered
794 Posts
without success GEN3, just show code 07...i have to put without strip

I stretch the paste to cpu, can't find negative offset, set from auto to normal, for now no changes

thx
Once you change Vcore form auto to normal the Dynamic Vcore(DVID) option right below it will become select able

Choose option from 1st pic and that will bring up the menu shown in 2nd pic

Edit: I just wanted to add that since you are having troubles with thermals you may have to adjust your CPU fan curve to make sure it ramps up enough when under load. These new 7nn chips heat up very fast under any load.

On my setup I notice that the CPU hits around 55-60 under load so that is where I have my fan curve set to ramp up at that temp. You will have to play around with the fan curves a bit to find your sweet spot. You can do that from within Windows using the Gigabyte software

Attachments

1981 - 2000 of 14864 Posts