Overclock.net banner

2001 - 2020 of 10875 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Someone please help I am very new to this and very confused, I have x570 Aorus elite wifi (F4j), Ryzen 3900x, 3200 MHZ CL16 32 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM.

At first I was having issues like everyone else not being able to turn on XMP, I finally was able to turn it on by setting the DRAM voltage to 1.35 manually, however it made my system very unstable, getting BSODs left and right and even ran HCI memtest and got an error within the first 2 minutes. Also the same happened with DRAM voltages up to 1.39, I'm not sure if I should keep going.

I tried following some RAM OC tutorials to set the timings manually but they all use DRAM Calculator which gives me 3200MHZ CL14(I think so) even though I can't even get CL16 to be stable. And also DRAM doesn't give me a CAS latency timing which my mobo BIOS is asking for.

What should my next step be in order to get my ram to become stable? Currently it is running at the default 2133 MHZ CL15, any help is greatly appreciated and needed.
I quote from FAQ by Mathew

FAQ:

Q: XMP doesn't work!
A: Make sure you are:
Using slot A2/B2 - From CPU skip a slot, RAM, skip a slot, RAM. I cannot emphasize this enough. If you are helping someone T/S a problem this should be your first question.
You are using the latest BIOS.
For debugging RAM please keep everything else default.
If the above don't help post your RAM kit and any steps you have tried to fix the problem.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Changing VDDIO does nothing, zero, zilch. It stays at 1.35v no matter what. Can't get SOC to go above 1.1v. Memory voltage is set at 1.360v but decides to solidly stay at 1.380v instead. Spread Spectrum turned On actually makes BCLK more stable (~100.14 vs ~100.47) than Off. Do these BIOSes even get QA at all?!

This is all extremely frustrating, especially considering I splurged on the Xtreme based on Buildzoid's impressions of it. I'm trying to diagnose why my audio is crackling. Doesn't matter if it's through HDMI Audio, USB audio (JDS Labs Element), or the front panel jack. All system audio all programs, random crackle crackle. Oddly enough keeping LatencyMon running seems to mostly fix it, and DPC always stays green, so there are no latency issues. I'd like to turn my VDDIO down a bit to see if that helps (it's at 1.35v, I'd like to try 1.2v), but the BIOS setting does nothing. Tried turning off HPET, useplatformclock, disabledynamictick, there was no difference.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Changing VDDIO does nothing, zero, zilch. It stays at 1.35v no matter what. Can't get SOC to go above 1.1v. Memory voltage is set at 1.360v but decides to solidly stay at 1.380v instead. Spread Spectrum turned On actually makes BCLK more stable (~100.14 vs ~100.47) than Off. Do these BIOSes even get QA at all?!

This is all extremely frustrating, especially considering I splurged on the Xtreme based on Buildzoid's impressions of it. I'm trying to diagnose why my audio is crackling. Doesn't matter if it's through HDMI Audio, USB audio (JDS Labs Element), or the front panel jack. All system audio all programs, random crackle crackle. Oddly enough keeping LatencyMon running seems to mostly fix it, and DPC always stays green, so there are no latency issues. I'd like to turn my VDDIO down a bit to see if that helps (it's at 1.35v, I'd like to try 1.2v), but the BIOS setting does nothing. Tried turning off HPET, useplatformclock, disabledynamictick, there was no difference.
Audio crackle is Win 10 1903 update issue from what I gathered.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Microsoft have already pushed a subsequent update that fixed it, my system has been free of it since.
Wasn't a universal fix from what I saw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had similiar problems also reported it here, and no one cared. In my understanding, there is a bug that auto fails for the RAM voltage and it tries with 1.2V and crashes /reboots several times. For me forcing it to 1.35V worked (it boots fast now, and is 100% stable). I also did:

- load optimized
- load XMP
- set RAM voltage to 1.35V
- reset on case open OFF
- CSM OFF
- fast boot ON (not extreme)
- save reboot

Try these settings too. You could also try 1.36V for your RAM. My RAM is G.Skill Flare X DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-3200, CL14-14-14-34.
Didn't work for me. After Save&Reboot instantly three beeps and reset. Also with 1,36V.
I think I must wait till the new AGESA is coming.

Thanks for help.

Regards

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Biggest problem with Master is its recovery after a failed OC.
Is Matt going to spend some time looking into this?
Is it an AMD issue instead?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Biggest problem with Master is its recovery after a failed OC.
Is Matt going to spend some time looking into this?
Is it an AMD issue instead?
What is the issue?

Recovery works alright on the Xtreme F4a. Better than it did on the F3 versions.
No longer really need to push retry/get stuck as often any more, it will shutdown and reboot instead when it encounters a "error" at post. After two retries it loads some "default" settings but still remembers your settings and have them still there in BIOS if you want to save and retry to go another round.
I usually load optimized defaults and reload my saved profile in those cases though to be safe to return to known good settings.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
What is the issue?

Recovery works alright on the Xtreme F4a. Better than it did on the F3 versions.
No longer really need to push retry/get stuck as often any more, it will shutdown and reboot instead when it encounters a "error" at post. After two retries it loads some "default" settings but still remembers your settings and have them still there in BIOS if you want to save and retry to go another round.
I usually load optimized defaults and reload my saved profile in those cases though to be safe to return to known good settings.
I am not sure if Master problem, on F5 bios.

If failed cpu multiplier OC, i power cycle 2-3 times to get back into bios but settings are retained. My expectation was to return into bios after it bsod, without hard power cycle. At least coming for Rog boards.
If i set wrong ram OC, it took me 15 minutes of constant power cycling to get back into bios, and it reset the settings. Rog bios needed 3-4 times power cycling to get into bios too, settings are retained.

If i update bios, i faced all sort of problems. First i load bios default to prepare, but even that it would blank out.
After i flashed, when it reboot, it hung. After power cycling for 15 mins, I decided to use q-flash+ to restore.

I am on single bios mode.

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Spiczek @MatthewK yout both seem to have the same RAM, Corsair Vengeance LPX ? Maybe try a different kit with Samsung B dies. The one I mentioned for example, or from this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

I am using G.Skill Flare X DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-3200, CL14-14-14-34 (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
Or the ram is just faulty.

The Corsair Vengeance LPX are one of the best performance/ price ration if not the best /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm using according to THAIPHOON BURNER Super Blaster 160
Module Manufacturer: Corsair
Module Part Number: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Module Series: Vengeance LPX
DRAM Manufacturer: Hynix
DRAM Components: H5AN8G8NAFR-TFC

v5.32 as marked on sticker

And on Aorus Elite + 3700x with all the bioses available from the beginning including latest F4 my ram is setup as follow (from CPU-Z report)
Memory Size 16 GBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 1799.6 MHz (3:54)
CAS# latency (CL) 16.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 19
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 20
Cycle Time (tRAS) 32
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 48
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Uncore Frequency 1799.6 MHz

GDM is OFF.
Default XMP voltage - 1.35v, fully stable in every test and normal usage. Never ever any ram issue or XMP issue

This setup (3600cl16) in DRAM Calculator 1.6.1 MEMbench gives:
- 128.59 overal time for 240% easy test
- 68.2 Custom latency
- 61.6 Random latency

·
AMD OVERLOCKER
728 Posts
Or the ram is just faulty.

The Corsair Vengeance LPX are one of the best performance/ price ration if not the best /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm using according to THAIPHOON BURNER Super Blaster 160
Module Manufacturer: Corsair
Module Part Number: CMK16GX4M2B3200C16
Module Series: Vengeance LPX
DRAM Manufacturer: Hynix
DRAM Components: H5AN8G8NAFR-TFC

v5.32 as marked on sticker

And on Aorus Elite + 3700x with all the bioses available from the beginning including latest F4 my ram is setup as follow (from CPU-Z report)
Memory Size 16 GBytes
Channels Dual
Memory Frequency 1799.6 MHz (3:54)
CAS# latency (CL) 16.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD) 19
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 20
Cycle Time (tRAS) 32
Bank Cycle Time (tRC) 48
Command Rate (CR) 1T
Uncore Frequency 1799.6 MHz

GDM is OFF.
Default XMP voltage - 1.35v, fully stable in every test and normal usage. Never ever any ram issue or XMP issue

This setup (3600cl16) in DRAM Calculator 1.6.1 MEMbench gives:
- 128.59 overal time for 240% easy test
- 68.2 Custom latency
- 61.6 Random latency
I did easily 3600 16-15-15, at 1.34v with G.Skill Trident Z (Samsung die B), so 16-19-20 isn't exactly the best performance for Elite.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
b-die is better. this is for sure but more expensive as well (I paid like 1/3 less for my memory in comparison to b-dies).

What are the results in membench with that settings ?

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
@Spiczek @MatthewK yout both seem to have the same RAM, Corsair Vengeance LPX ? Maybe try a different kit with Samsung B dies. The one I mentioned for example, or from this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/62vp2g/clearing_up_any_samsung_bdie_confusion_eg_on/

I am using G.Skill Flare X DIMM Kit 16GB, DDR4-3200, CL14-14-14-34 (F4-3200C14D-16GFX)
Nope, I'm using G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2 x 16GB) 3733, Thaiphoon confirmed B-Die: https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232663

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
A question, do you all use the nvme heatsink?
My nvme drives have a large warranty void sticker, wth...
Bare nvme drive with sticker, what a gross sight.

2001 - 2020 of 10875 Posts