Overclock.net banner

4121 - 4140 of 15410 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
scalar x10 here , ryzens master vcore reading under pbo is not correct ,it can't be 1.4v+ the temps would be above 80c with this voltage

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
By no issues you mean you do not get the black screen with white cursor in the top left screen prior to BIOS Aorus image?
If I do, it's gone faster than the DisplayPort is initialized.

·
GuruSMI
91 Posts
Mine (white cursor atwhite screen ) keeps around 10-20 secs. But i think that is a normal thing as the Onboard-Diagnostics-LED is changing the numbers in meantime. Just a longer initialization og components. I restart once a day and run 24/7 so i don't care about that much. Just time to make a coffee.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Does SVM - Virtualization inside Hyper-V / Oracle / VMWare work for any anyone under latest BIOS ( or since f10a or sooner ) ?
Aorus Ultra here and it's not working since 4 revisions ago. ( marked as Enabled in BIOS ).
I have a PRO with esxi 6.7, tell me what you want me to try to see.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Scratching my head here: After updating to F10C, my Master board refuses to set RAM to 3800, while previously it ran 3800 on RAM and IF just fine on F6C.

I set XMP on Profile1, XMP High Frequency support to level 3, multiplier to 38 and ramvoltage to 1,42 (samsung B-die). When I "Save and exit" it reboots, fans spin up for 3-4 sec, then motherboard shuts down and reboots once again and when it boots into Windows, my Fabric Clock is at 1200 and Memory Clock at 1067. ***? :p

PS: I overclocked my ram using RAM calculator just as on F6C bios prior to upgrading (where it worked just fine for months).

·
Registered
276 Posts
Scratching my head here: After updating to F10C, my Master board refuses to set RAM to 3800, while previously it ran 3800 on RAM and IF just fine on F6C.

I set XMP on Profile1, XMP High Frequency support to level 3, multiplier to 38 and ramvoltage to 1,42 (samsung B-die). When I "Save and exit" it reboots, fans spin up for 3-4 sec, then motherboard shuts down and reboots once again and when it boots into Windows, my Fabric Clock is at 1200 and Memory Clock at 1067. ***? :p

PS: I overclocked my ram using RAM calculator just as on F6C bios prior to upgrading (where it worked just fine for months).
Try to pass all the numbers from Ram Calculator with the XMP disabled.

·
Registered
416 Posts

DRAM Training has changed with F10c - so some changes are to be expetected - for the better or worse…

It seems DRAM Training fails and the mobo sets back to JEDEC settings of your particular RAM.

You need to do some testing with DRAM calc again...

Greetings,
Medizinmann

·
Registered
44 Posts
Try to pass all the numbers from Ram Calculator with the XMP disabled.
Did it before I turned on XMP, didnt work. Turn on XMP, still didnt work. After fidling about and not understanding why it didnt work, I resolved to making a post here in case there is something known about this.

I DID manage to fix it somehow though. What I did:

1) Loaded Optimized Defaults (I did it several times prior to setting DRAM Calc values on RAM) and rebooted.
2) Straight to BIOS -> Enabled XMP -> Saved -> Rebooted
3) Straight to BIOS. Result: RAM speed went up to rated 3600Mhz. "Good sign", i thought.
4) Set DRAM voltage, set timings, saved Profile, Save & Exit, rebooted = all good.
But wait, I forgot to set IF up: RAM 1900Mhz, IF: 1800. D'oh.
5) Rebooted, set IF to 1900Mhz, rebooted, checked Ryzen Master = At last! Coupled Mode = on, RAM speed 1900Mhz, IF 1900Mhz.

So now everything is fine. RAM latency is 63,6ns just as on F6C. I still don't know what fixed it. Only culprit I can see is "Load Optimized Defaults" was the start, and I set only one setting at once, and rebooted each time. Can't be LOD, since I've done that several times. GREMLINS. It works now though, so I won't touch it :D

DRAM Training has changed with F10c - so some changes are to be expetected - for the better or worse…

It seems DRAM Training fails and the mobo sets back to JEDEC settings of your particular RAM.

You need to do some testing with DRAM calc again...

Greetings,
Medizinmann
Thanks for the reply! I believe you're on to something. After fidling with settings again and setting everything one setting at the time/pr.reboot, somehow fixed it. The giveaway of whether it worked or didn't was the lack of double reboot and noticeable "relee click" from the motherboard. When settings worked, it rebooted as it did before. When I first made the post, it did the "double-boot with clickyclacky" thing in between, which can be the memory failing to train, rebooting setting to JEDEC defaults and rebooting again :p

·
Registered
416 Posts
said who???? if you check gigabyte overclocking manual( released with 3950x all core overclock results) they say safe is up to 1.4v, also i am doing -0.1v offset which didnt affect at all my max idle voltages under single thread loaded apps like superpi 1.5 32mb , so those readings i really dont think they are very accurate, so 1.325v + 0.03v plus with hyper x10 under load i can live with it, besides the cpu has stock multiplier and its taking as much voltage as it likes without me imposing it so it must be safe , my temperatures are under 80c with aida64 stability test under full load with hyperscalar x10 and my scores on multi thread are much better. Those are the only pbo settings which actually work rest of them don't give more performance they are there for nothing at this moment.
Well you can set PPT and TDC as well - but EDC is broken - any other value than 0 will kill PBO altogether right know with F10a/c...

Greetings,
Medizinmann

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does SVM - Virtualization inside Hyper-V / Oracle / VMWare work for any anyone under latest BIOS ( or since f10a or sooner ) ?
Aorus Ultra here and it's not working since 4 revisions ago. ( marked as Enabled in BIOS ).
x570 aorus master f10c in virtualbox virtualization works

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a PRO with esxi 6.7, tell me what you want me to try to see.
I am getting a lot of purple screens with ESXi 6.7 on F10c and F5b, ESXi 6.5 kinda works on F5b but's it's not 100% stable.... (X570 Master)

If you know any special tricks to make it more stable, I would greatly appreciate this ! Thanks.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Did it before I turned on XMP, didnt work. Turn on XMP, still didnt work. After fidling about and not understanding why it didnt work, I resolved to making a post here in case there is something known about this.

I DID manage to fix it somehow though. What I did:

1) Loaded Optimized Defaults (I did it several times prior to setting DRAM Calc values on RAM) and rebooted.

2) Straight to BIOS -> Enabled XMP -> Saved -> Rebooted

3) Straight to BIOS. Result: RAM speed went up to rated 3600Mhz. "Good sign", i thought.

4) Set DRAM voltage, set timings, saved Profile, Save & Exit, rebooted = all good.

But wait, I forgot to set IF up: RAM 1900Mhz, IF: 1800. D'oh.

5) Rebooted, set IF to 1900Mhz, rebooted, checked Ryzen Master = At last! Coupled Mode = on, RAM speed 1900Mhz, IF 1900Mhz.

So now everything is fine. RAM latency is 63,6ns just as on F6C. I still don't know what fixed it. Only culprit I can see is "Load Optimized Defaults" was the start, and I set only one setting at once, and rebooted each time. Can't be LOD, since I've done that several times. GREMLINS. It works now though, so I won't touch it :D

Thanks for the reply! I believe you're on to something. After fidling with settings again and setting everything one setting at the time/pr.reboot, somehow fixed it. The giveaway of whether it worked or didn't was the lack of double reboot and noticeable "relee click" from the motherboard. When settings worked, it rebooted as it did before. When I first made the post, it did the "double-boot with clickyclacky" thing in between, which can be the memory failing to train, rebooting setting to JEDEC defaults and rebooting again :p
In ryzen master it doesn't say to you to raise the VDDP and VDDG voltage?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I am getting a lot of purple screens with ESXi 6.7 on F10c and F5b, ESXi 6.5 kinda works on F5b but's it's not 100% stable.... (X570 Master)

If you know any special tricks to make it more stable, I would greatly appreciate this ! Thanks.
If you install Windows the machine is stable?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah windows is stable + all benches & Karhu ramtest. Been testing this machine every day for the last 3 months.

That is strange. I haven't tried 6.5 but 6.7 only. The point is i installed also a vcsa vm that took the control of this box and immediately saw in update manager updates that i installed. You have done any kind of updates? I mean maybe a hotfix is specific for ryzen. Try to see what the latest hypervisor hotfixes do since the latest release of 6.7
Also, do you have in power management in esxi settings the profile performance?

·
Registered
187 Posts
That is strange. I haven't tried 6.5 but 6.7 only. The point is i installed also a vcsa vm that took the control of this box and immediately saw in update manager updates that i installed. You have done any kind of updates? I mean maybe a hotfix is specific for ryzen. Try to see what the latest hypervisor hotfixes do since the latest release of 6.7
Also, do you have in power management in esxi settings the profile performance?
Just plain ESXi 6.7U3 , I usually don't bother with updates apart from major updates.

Anyway, it's not the end of the world I was mainly curious if it would work. Setting optimised settings in BIOS seemed to stabilise things a bit so I was just wondering if there were some BIOS settings to avoid setting (AER/ACS/hot plug).
I don't need it at the moment but maybe in the future I would consider assembling a new white box for ESXi, at the moment it just doesn't seem to be a good idea to expect it to be 100% stable with Ryzen 3k.

Thanks you for your quick response :) Kind regards

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
For those who want to test CCX overclocking -

Test BIOS with CCX Overclocking (11/14)
X570 AORUS Master - TD0
  • This is a daily build with CCX overclocking enabled.
  • Please let us know your feedback to see if this becomes a feature for all boards
  • Because this is a test BIOS it may break other functions. Please do not use this as a daily driver. Its for people who want to experiment with a new feature only

4121 - 4140 of 15410 Posts