Overclock.net banner
5181 - 5200 of 19215 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
RAM recommends for 3900X + X570 Master 32Gb (2X16).
I cannot find any. The ones on the QVL are either EOL (End of Line, not made any longer) or are over $700 USD. I know people have had success with RAM not on the QVL so I’m asking for RAM that you actually have used and has proven stable with 3900X and X570 Master. No guesses please. I need actual working units. Please provide manufacturer number. Thank you to any responders. I’m ready to toss my entire system.
I am using these now:
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232740

I was using these:
https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb...e=g.skill_32gb_ripjaws-_-20-232-660-_-Product

I have Not had a problem with either set.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I have a major problem and cannot figure it out.
Ryzen 3900X, Aorus X570 Master, Aorus 2080 Ti, TridentZ F4-3466C16D-32GTZR (X2)

System was working on F6 (?). All of a suddden reboot loop. Power button won’t shut off system. Boot stops at DIMM stage according to mobo LEDs. But both sticks failing at the exact same time? One in a billion chance. Have RMAd board and it came back saying everything is just fine. I set it up and same problem...neverending reboot loop with LED showing hang up at DIMM stage. I thought maybe power switch might be bad so I disconnected the entire front panel....problem persists. Memory is NOT on QVL. I cannot find any memory from the QVL that isn’t $700+.
Does anyone have a clue besides attempting to replace all memory?

Are you sure that you are using the 2nd and 4th dimm slots from the CPU? If not system won't post or worse post but crash randomly If you are using the correct slots per the manual (2 and 4 starting from CPU from left to right) pull 1 out to test 1 stick at a time to see if issues persist and also test each individual slot on board to rule out hardware failure. (ie if no change with either Ram stick in slot 2 try each individually in slot 4)

you can also hit the clear Cmos button on back of board IO to reset to default settings and see if that helps

EDIT: after reading up I see that you have done most of this. Have you ever had you machine post? Only thing that I can suggest is you listing your exact RAM kit so we can see if its on the QVL or if anyone else has it working.

Also maybe try to remount your CPU. When you lift up the arm and drop it in it should need 0 force only gravity. Then wiggle a little in socket to make sure that it is inserted 100% correct. Be extremely careful though since you can't post into Windows to run a stress test to heat up the CPU especially if you are using the stock cooler. I and many others have managed to rip the CPU out of the locked socket by not twisting the heatsink off of the CPU

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ll look into the memory you used as at least it works. I’ve tried everything. I get advice from the forum but have posted ive already tried almost all of them. Everything has been removed and redone. CMOS has been reset. Board has come back from RMA and immediately did the exact same issue. The only thing I can think of after even disconnecting the front panel is the memory even though it worked for a minute (month). Where did you see that Corsair verifies your memory worked with Aorus Master? All I find is Gigabyte’s QVL
I did the same as you when I had issues, tried literally everything I could find on the internet including unplugging the power switch. Its honestly stupid the amount of things I have tried. My memory was also fine for several months and only now won't boot any more. I mean sure I did make a bios upgrade, but it still makes no sense why it stopped unless Gigabyte did something to make compatibility worse.

I found the list here: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/a...N-2000-3000-SERIES-Memory-Compatibility-List-

EDIT: actually I never saw anything that verifies it works with the Aorus Master. I was suspecting an incompatibility with Ryzen as why would the motherboard dislike something that is compatible with the Ryzen 3000 series? My old dram wasn't listed by Corsair as compatible with Ryzen so I just gave one of them on the list a shot. Still not on Gigabyte's QVL but it works.

·
Registered
234 Posts
can anyone recomend some good memory for this motherboard as i can not get any c14 in the Uk and i just dont know what to go for to get the 3600 or 3733 @ c16

was looking at these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Patriot-Me...4+3600&qid=1576796236&s=computers&sr=1-3&th=1
but dont know which neo to go for to.

Also why is it that alot of prople never seem to use 4 slots and always best to use 2 slots when a motherboard has 4 slots ? i dont understand this

thanks

·
Premium Member
14,323 Posts
So, IT'S ALL HERE, woot!

Pro Wi-Fi.

Help me out, are there any 'must do' things in the bios just to get this thing up and running with Win 10 64bit, assuming I'm good with stock everything (though I'll pick XMP for ram) for now? Going to be clean installing to a WD Black 512TB SN750. Gfx is Vega56, so I'm all still PCI-Ex 3.0 atm. Proc is a 3600X (only $5 more than 3600 after The Egg matched w/Amazon ($194 vs $199), w/BL3 included). RAM is 3200 14-14-14-31 from Team Group (2x8GB TDPGD416G3200HC14ADC01).

Should I shut off the legacy bios capability straight off (CMS or whatever it is ... too many acronyms nowadays lol)?

Anything else?

TIA!

·
Registered
167 Posts
RAM recommends for 3900X + X570 Master 32Gb (2X16).
I cannot find any. The ones on the QVL are either EOL (End of Line, not made any longer) or are over $700 USD. I know people have had success with RAM not on the QVL so I’m asking for RAM that you actually have used and has proven stable with 3900X and X570 Master. No guesses please. I need actual working units. Please provide manufacturer number. Thank you to any responders. I’m ready to toss my entire system.
I have 2x G Skill RipjawsV F4-3000C15-8GVRB and they are doing fine even @ 3200 Cl14,..

·
Registered
275 Posts
I am using 2 kits of these…

G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 32GB, DDR4-3200, CL14-14-14-34 (F4-3200C14D-32GTZR)

https://geizhals.eu/g-skill-trident-z-rgb-dimm-kit-32gb-f4-3200c14d-32gtzr-a1615421.html

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232560

Didn't test it with a 2-stick config - running now [email protected] with all 4 of them right now (on Aorus Xtreme with 3900x)…

Greetings,

Medizinmann
I just received my 2nd kit and i will put them on tomorrow. So far with 2 sticks im with 3600cl14 but my sticks are the same as yours without the R in the end, do you know the difference?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just received my 2nd kit and i will put them on tomorrow. So far with 2 sticks im with 3600cl14 but my sticks are the same as yours without the R in the end, do you know the difference?
As far as I know the "R" is for the RGB model but I could be wrong. Is your memory the standard version or the RGB version?

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
As far as I know the "R" is for the RGB model but I could be wrong. Is your memory the standard version or the RGB version?
Ahh yeah, i don't like fancy lights on things lol, yeah mines are without lighting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been reading this thread with great interest (and confusion at times haha!) but wanted to run something past.

Configuration:
- Ryzen 3700X
- Aorus Pro WiFi (F11 - no changes outside of XMP Profile)
- G.Skill Flare X 16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM
- Corsair H100i Platinum
- Corsair HX750W

Clean install of Windows 10, latest AMD Chipset drivers from AMD's site. Using the Ryzen Balanced profile. I'm chewing 1.4v and not hitting the expected 4.4Ghz turbo boosts on OCCT (stable), Prime95 nor Cinebench (MT: 4740). Also tried 1usmus's profile and the settings on the Guru3D site but that clocked me to <4Ghz and Cinebench of 4238.

Temps are peak 65C on load 30-40C on idle (according to OCCT).

Am I wrong to expect this puppy to bark higher to 4.3-4.4Ghz as advertised on tin and how do I reduce the high 1.4v usage if not the case? I notice a lot of you have tightened up the voltage usage. I'm not after overclocking, just keeping the power (and heat) efficiency in tact and wondering why with the configuration I do have, I'm not able to achieve it.

This box will be mostly for video editing and not for gaming.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've been reading this thread with great interest (and confusion at times haha!) but wanted to run something past.

Configuration:
- Ryzen 3700X
- Corsair H100i Platinum
- Corsair HX750W

Clean install of Windows 10, latest AMD Chipset drivers from AMD's site. Using the Ryzen Balanced profile. I'm chewing 1.4v and not hitting the expected 4.4Ghz turbo boosts on OCCT (stable), Prime95 nor Cinebench (MT: 4740). Also tried 1usmus's profile and the settings on the Guru3D site but that clocked me to <4Ghz and Cinebench of 4238.

Am I wrong to expect this puppy to bark higher to 4.3-4.4Ghz as advertised on tin and how do I reduce the high 1.4v usage if not the case? I notice a lot of you have tightened up the voltage usage. I'm not after overclocking, just keeping the power (and heat) efficiency in tact and wondering why with the configuration I do have, I'm not able to achieve it.

The reported 1.4v+ voltages are mostly peak voltages and not much to worry about. But I myself and many other 3700X/3800X users have found a slight negative voltage offset of -50mv (-0.05v) to be highly effective at reducing power usage and temperatures without lowering performance much or at all. Other than that. Overclock your memory to 3600 cl14 at minimum but 3800 cl16 requires less voltage and if your IMC (memory controller inside cpu) can handle the 1900 Infinity Fabric clocks it will lead to higher performance.

·
Registered
794 Posts
can anyone recomend some good memory for this motherboard as i can not get any c14 in the Uk and i just dont know what to go for to get the 3600 or 3733 @ c16

was looking at these
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Patriot-Me...4+3600&qid=1576796236&s=computers&sr=1-3&th=1
but dont know which neo to go for to.

Also why is it that alot of prople never seem to use 4 slots and always best to use 2 slots when a motherboard has 4 slots ? i dont understand this

thanks

Using all 4 slots puts a lot of stress on Ryzen's IMC (integrated memory controller) as a result you will not be able to run them as fast as you could if you only ran 2 sticks. 2 sticks is easier to OC and get stable.

As for the Ram if you can't find 3200 14,14,14 look for 3600 16,16,16 (one sku of the new Gskill neos are 3600 14,16,16,16 but any B-die can be tweaked to run at those timings so not worth the price hike)

Just make sure you get something that's on the motherboard QVL. If you don't and need support they will say "well your kit isn't not officially supported, sorry"

Micron E-dies are very popular and because of the dual rank design perform nearly as well as the Samsung B-dies with out paying nearly double

to see which kit is faster use this formula. 2000/MTS * cas (example 3200 14,14,14,28 = 2000/3200 *14= 8.75ns) (3600cl 16,16,16 = 2000/3600 *16 = 8.88888ns) Not sure how to calculate for kits that cheat by having low 1st CAS number and way higher primary timings like 3200 cl 16,18,18,18

·
Registered
794 Posts

Configuration:
- Ryzen 3700X
- Corsair H100i Platinum
- Corsair HX750W

The advertised max boost of 4.4GHz is only for 1 thread. CB15 Single Thread test is what you should be looking at not multi. Also you can compare your CB15 Single score to compare your results. My 3700X gets 203 whether the max clock says 4400 or 4.3 so the scores are more important than the reported boost clocks.

When you load up all cores like CB15 MT then your speeds will vary around 4.1GHZ you can get a bit more with PBO but at the expense of higher voltage and heat.

AMD has these chips pretty much maxed out of the box so they really work their best at stock. Ryzen 1000 series only hit max boost if 1 thread was used and if any more load was on CPU it would drop like a rock to its default base clock.

All core OC only makes sense if your workload benefits from having all cores maxed out but you lose some Single core performance

Also do not freak out if you see 1.5 volts as with some chipset drivers and bios versions it is required to get 1 core to boost up. AMD designed it that way. When you load up all cores you will see the voltage drop especially if using AVX. Also AMD 3000 chips can change thier voltage and frequency over 100 times per second. What you see reported by software is a rolling average
You can read more here about boosts and voltages https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/commen...e_voltages_for_3rd_gen_ryzen/?sort=confidence

edit: you can use CB20 single as well and should get around 500. Also you can compare your multi thread score with others to see how your silicon compares
also OCCT and Prime95 are very heavy workloads so <4000Mhz all core is normal

·
Registered
234 Posts
Using all 4 slots puts a lot of stress on Ryzen's IMC (integrated memory controller) as a result you will not be able to run them as fast as you could if you only ran 2 sticks. 2 sticks is easier to OC and get stable.

As for the Ram if you can't find 3200 14,14,14 look for 3600 16,16,16 (one sku of the new Gskill neos are 3600 14,16,16,16 but any B-die can be tweaked to run at those timings so not worth the price hike)

Just make sure you get something that's on the motherboard QVL. If you don't and need support they will say "well your kit isn't not officially supported, sorry"

Micron E-dies are very popular and because of the dual rank design perform nearly as well as the Samsung B-dies with out paying nearly double

to see which kit is faster use this formula. 2000/MTS * cas (example 3200 14,14,14,28 = 2000/3200 *14= 8.75ns) (3600cl 16,16,16 = 2000/3600 *16 = 8.88888ns) Not sure how to calculate for kits that cheat by having low 1st CAS number and way higher primary timings like 3200 cl 16,18,18,18
thanks for the input the Patriot Memory Viper Steel Series DDR4 16GB (2 x 8GB) 4400MHz PVS416G440C9K uses the BDie and is half the price but not to sure how good it is as i have never used them before.

i also read this that some memory using 4 slots can be faster but not to sure as he says that making sure memory runs at 1t and not 2t

" Command rate is the number of cycles a command must be presented before a memory operation commences, so that 2T incurs an additional cycle of latency to every memory access. It makes sense that most people would shoot for 1T, except that higher data rates often make this unworkable, particularly when more ranks of memory are used (ie, two “double-sided” or four “single-sided” DIMMs). The reason that we’ve used only half of our four-DIMM kit thus far is that it won’t run all four DIMMs at DDR4-3600 and 1T, hence you’ll want to see the penalty of 2T before we add four-DIMM configurations to the mix."

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ryzen-3000-best-memory-timings,6310.html

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
thinking about switching out my Asus Crosshair 8 Hero board for the gigabyte x570 master board with the hopes of it fixing 2 MAIN issues im having on my asus board.

1st, im having a weird insta-reboot issue with my 3950x where it reboots to "POST" screen saying "CPU OVER TEMP PROTECTION" but this is pure BS as there isnt anything overheating especially with my very highend waterloops in this pc.

2nd.. If i set my Fclk to 1900MHz, the bios switches to 2:1 mode and all performance is lost, if i go back to 1866MHz FCLK all is fine.. hate this issue as im trying very hard to squeeze every last drop of performance from this machine...

Does the MAster suffer any of these issues? How is OCing per ccd in the bios with this board? Any info you can provide would be fantastic.. thank you

·
Registered
65 Posts
thinking about switching out my Asus Crosshair 8 Hero board for the gigabyte x570 master board with the hopes of it fixing 2 MAIN issues im having on my asus board.

1st, im having a weird insta-reboot issue with my 3950x where it reboots to "POST" screen saying "CPU OVER TEMP PROTECTION" but this is pure BS as there isnt anything overheating especially with my very highend waterloops in this pc.

2nd.. If i set my Fclk to 1900MHz, the bios switches to 2:1 mode and all performance is lost, if i go back to 1866MHz FCLK all is fine.. hate this issue as im trying very hard to squeeze every last drop of performance from this machine...

Does the MAster suffer any of these issues? How is OCing per ccd in the bios with this board? Any info you can provide would be fantastic.. thank you
on the gigabyte boards, in the cbs menu. We have a setting to force this back to a 1:1 mode. you should check to see if your board has this too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently running the x570 Auros Ultra and with my 3800x I have had rather disappointing boost clocks. All core ~4.2-4.25 and single core ~4.45. Enabling PBO doesn't change anything until I tried changing the voltage from Auto to Normal with -0.075v offset and my all core jumped to ~4.3-4.35 and single core is ~4.45-4.55. Max CPU temps are also below 65c. I'd like to keep my setup the way it is but I've noticed that with the voltage offset my VID never drops below 1.1 during idle. Is this normal behavior? With the voltage on Auto the VID drops to 0.2v (0.408v VCore) but I'm back to my low boost clocks.

I've also read a couple posts saying not to use the negative voltage offset with PBO as benchmark scores will actually drop, but for me my Cinebench R20 score goes from ~5050 to ~5200 and my CPU-Z score goes from ~5750 to ~5850 (538 to 545 single thread).

I also seemed to get better performance with 1.0.0.3 ABBA than with the 1.0.0.4b while in games such as BFV, has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
58 Posts
hello everyone ... i am a proud owner of the following setup :

- Ryzen 2700X (stock auto voltage and speed, xfr or core performance boost enabled by default)
- Aorus Elite WiFi (F11 date 06/12/2019 - XMP Profile on, Some Forced Memory timings and gate resistor options to make XMP work and 1,36v dram volt)
- Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz CL16-18-18-18-36-54 RAM kit 16x2 Hynix Afr Red
- NVME SP34A80 512GB , SSD Kingson Hyper X 240GB, SSHD Fire Cuda 2.5" 2TB and HDD WD Blue 640GB

- Cooler Master ML240L AIO
- Gamemax RGB 1050w 80+ gold rated PSU
- Power Color Vega 56 Red Dragon ( Flashed to V64 with -75mv uv and 1075mhz hbm oc +25% power limit )
- Cooler Master H500 Case with additional fans ( 200mm top and a CM 120mm RGB fan at the back )

yesterday i used CB R20 and got 3913 points with 55c max on the cpu (3.8ghz all core boost only ! cpu vcore was at 1.26v mostly)

I want to start using PBO to reach more than 4.3ghz on all cores, can you tell me what settings to change in bios to achieve that ?
thanks in advance

Attachments

5181 - 5200 of 19215 Posts