Overclock.net banner

7561 - 7580 of 16616 Posts

·
Old crazy guy
3,146 Posts
Thanks m8. So far no luck. Even more errors. Will get the hang of it nonetheless.
All 4 slots are filled, these are 2 kits purchased separately at some distance. So I might also have a binning issue. Hope not though.
Thought were only 2 DIMMs, the rec settings should be then Rtt_Nom RZQ/7, Wr RZQ/3, Park RZQ/1.
Did you try each DIMM alone and in pairs?

·
BeardRobot
56 Posts
Hey @karkass ,

I have a 3800X and Aorus Elite x570 setup. 4x16 dual-rank b-die dimms. ProcODT 40 seems to work for me (even though I have a different memory kit than you) - any other ProcODT throws a bunch of errors. 7-3-1 refuses to boot above 3466mhz. I also have VDDP and VDDG set on auto, because I get cold boot issues with any manual settings, even if they match what "auto" comes up with.

Here are my settings - hopefully they help.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I managed to finally get them stable. What I've changed so far:
- VDDP/VDDG 900/950 via xfr menu (I am a bit reluctant to make changes in AMD OC menu, as I read that it's a deprecated menu soon to be removed, where changes are inadvisable);
- Power down disable and dram voltage to 1.37;
- Data bus to 7/3/1;
- CPU vCore at Normal.
I tried changing the LLCs to high, it worked, but dram calc benchmark still spat errors like crazy, and put them back to auto.
Everything seems fine now, although I want that 73ns lat to be a little lower though. Could it be attained without oc?
As it is right now could hurt gaming performance?
Should I tighten my timings?
Are the ones shown in 1usmus calc accurate?
What do you advise?

·
Old crazy guy
3,146 Posts
I managed to finally get them stable. What I've changed so far:
- VDDP/VDDG 900/950 via xfr menu (I am a bit reluctant to make changes in AMD OC menu, as I read that it's a deprecated menu soon to be removed, where changes are inadvisable);
- Power down disable and dram voltage to 1.37;
- Data bus to 7/3/1;
- CPU vCore at Normal.
I tried changing the LLCs to high, it worked, but dram calc benchmark still spat errors like crazy, and put them back to auto.
Everything seems fine now, although I want that 73ns lat to be a little lower though. Could it be attained without oc?
As it is right now could hurt gaming performance?
Should I tighten my timings?
Are the ones shown in 1usmus calc accurate?
What do you advise?
That's already a good starting point they are stable!
But it's puzzling that at High LLC you start getting errors...
You should work a lot on your timings but it can risky considering they are borderline stable...

Better latency yes it's improving gaming; depends on the game engine.
The classic test is Rise of the Tomb Raider benchmark; it's heavily affected by latency.
But it's a matter of a dozen or more fps over hundreds, nothing mind blowing.

To get better timings without going to a fixed OC you'll have to go try IF 1900 and RAM 3800 MHz.
That's at least a 5ns you can go down.
For the other 5ns it's a matter of timings; your memory in theory should be able to go down to CL16 at 3800MHz.
But considering the issues you have already it's going to be though.

If you work on your timings other than the obvious tCL you have to find the lowest tRFC; it's going to give you the higher boost for gaming.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Spent the better part of a few days trying to optimise my RAM finally.

I have the budget friendlier GSkill Trident Z Neo (Hynix). F4-3600C16-16GTZNC (16GB x 2)

I've settled at 16-19-16-20-24-44-1 at 3800. I'm using 1.42 in the bios. I've noticed that if I don't tweak secondary timings I'm stable at 1.36V but bumping up the Vdimm to 1.39 improves bandwidth performance.

When I tighten secondary timings, AIDA's results are a lot more inconsistent.

In any case, since there are a few users with this, hopefully this is helpful:

tWR 12
tCWL 14
tRRD_S 4
tRRD_L 6
tWTR_S 4
tWTR_L 12
tRFC 484 (this is the main setting that required a bump in vdimm. At 490 I'm stable at just 1.36VDimm)
tRTP 8
tFAW 16
tRDRD_SCL 4
tWRWR_SCL 4
CMD 1
GDM disabled

Other things I've noted. I test my ram in memtest before booting windows because I'm just too lazy reinstalling windows. If you're playing with secondary timings, test number 7 is the one to fail fast. If you're testing primary timings, test 4 and 5. Do those before you run everything when you're finalized with your settings.

My latency seems to be stuck at 65. To go below I need to do all core or per ccd overclocking which will drop it to 64.4/64.5

Hope the above helps and happy holidays!

https://valid.x86.fr/6pzzgj
Rissie- thanks for sharing. I’m new at memory tweaking, so when you say
“16-19-16-20-24-44-1”,

I don’t know what timings the last 3 numbers correlate with. Can anyone enlighten me on that? Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i literally just signed up because of your comment @bluechris
ive seen people on reddit with batchnumbers higher than 1000 with this issue
i have a 0382 number, and i had to power down my machine, unplug everythin and apply a new heatsink on it, and when i went back in the bios i noticed my BIOS had been reset, unsure if i pressed the clear CMOS or anything during the time iwas working on it but definitely not happy about this...
do we have any more information about why this happens?

·
Registered
276 Posts
i literally just signed up because of your comment @bluechris

ive seen people on reddit with batchnumbers higher than 1000 with this issue

i have a 0382 number, and i had to power down my machine, unplug everythin and apply a new heatsink on it, and when i went back in the bios i noticed my BIOS had been reset, unsure if i pressed the clear CMOS or anything during the time iwas working on it but definitely not happy about this...

do we have any more information about why this happens?
Nothing is certain m8, can you change the battery at least? Many people reduced their problems by doing that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nothing is certain m8, can you change the battery at least? Many people reduced their problems by doing that.
i was hesitant removing the power cable and losing my settings but i did and the bios stayed in tack! thats some good news

does anyone know if replacing the TIM on the chipset fan can be done while the mobo is in the case? or does it have to be completely removed out of the case?

·
Old crazy guy
3,146 Posts
i was hesitant removing the power cable and losing my settings but i did and the bios stayed in tack! thats some good news

does anyone know if replacing the TIM on the chipset fan can be done while the mobo is in the case? or does it have to be completely removed out of the case?
It's highly recommended, the thermal pad will be hard like a stone and to remove it will take time and attention.
The screws are on the back, if you don't have access to them for sure you must remove it.
Even worse for the backplate if your board model has one, you'll have to remove it for sure.
Just play safely and remove it. It's more an hassle to say it then doing it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's highly recommended, the thermal pad will be hard like a stone and to remove it will take time and attention.
The screws are on the back, if you don't have access to them for sure you must remove it.
Even worse for the backplate if your board model has one, you'll have to remove it for sure.
Just play safely and remove it. It's more an hassle to say it then doing it.
so there is no way of removing the chipset fan without access to the back? dang! didnt want to remove my mobo after i just got my air cooler situated perfectly on it.

·
Old crazy guy
3,146 Posts
so there is no way of removing the chipset fan without access to the back? dang! didnt want to remove my mobo after i just got my air cooler situated perfectly on it.
Yes, did the same. I waited a few months and regretted it.
More you wait more that thing gets hard to remove.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Replace my air cooler... Temp is really good on this. But the thing is that I get now memory errors.

I have not change any settings that I had on air... I first start to think about the air flow was less becouse of this don't have a big fan. But I put a 140mm fan on the side of memory and dident solve it. So it's something else. But I have no clue. Can it be that CPU is more effective with this cooler and memory can't handel the timing now?

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
@Mullcom was the old heatsink stuck proper unto the cpu?

I could guess the cpu moved around a little and not making proper contact with the pins. Has happened on occasion. Just need to flip the cpu into the socket again. Otherwise I could guess maybe the memory dimms are not making proper contact. Remove them and put them back in.
Things like this has fixed issues at times.

·
Registered
418 Posts
@Mullcom was the old heatsink stuck proper unto the cpu?

I could guess the cpu moved around a little and not making proper contact with the pins. Has happened on occasion. Just need to flip the cpu into the socket again. Otherwise I could guess maybe the memory dimms are not making proper contact. Remove them and put them back in.

Things like this has fixed issues at times.
Thx for some ideas. I checking this things. Report back. But how can CPU move when it's looked?

And I forgotten to mention that computer works fine and cinebench did good result. No errors. But when I start to test memory I got tons off error and bluescreen.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Thx for some ideas. I checking this things. Report back. But how can CPU move when it's looked?

And I forgotten to mention that computer works fine and cinebench did good result. No errors. But when I start to test memory I got tons off error and bluescreen.

The stock AMD coolers with original TIM can rip out your processor when locked into the socket following along with your heatsink.

That Lock /Latch doesn't hold unto them for certain.

·
I TeK things...
17,448 Posts
Hey guys, I got a X570 Aorus Master here that Gigabyte sent me, wondering if it's just me or I have some dead memory banks, specifically B1 and B2 banks.

Issue: Memory inserted in A1 and A2, shows correct amount, posts. Move memory to B1 or B2, continual boot loop, no post, DRAM light on mobo, but RGB lights up.

Using a QVL certified DDR4 kit from Team Group.
https://www.newegg.com/team-16gb-28...calibur&cm_re=xcalibur-_-20-331-221-_-Product

CPU is a Ryzen 9 3900X, purchased new. Tried reseating 4x.

This is my issue perfectly.
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1145006-pmu-memory-training-error-x570-aorus-master/

Thoughts?

Thanks alot guys. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,159 Posts
Hey guys, I got a X570 Aorus Master here that Gigabyte sent me, wondering if it's just me or I have some dead memory banks, specifically B1 and B2 banks.

Issue: Memory inserted in A1 and A2, shows correct amount, posts. Move memory to B1 or B2, continual boot loop, no post, DRAM light on mobo, but RGB lights up.

https://www.newegg.com/team-16gb-28...calibur&cm_re=xcalibur-_-20-331-221-_-Product

Thoughts?

With two sticks of memory it needs to be in the second and fourth slot away from the CPU, first and third slot won't work.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Okej i did some more testing and check ram and reatech CPU...

I test with memtest64 insted and start with 1 thread. That work with no errors. Then i do 2 and 3.. When i get to 4 i did get bluescreen :/

So i test to resett do defoult settings for memory's

So no issue att all. So this is interesting. what this tells me is that CPU on AIR was not efficient enough so my timing that i had on AIR for my memmory culd handle it. but now when i switch to Water cooling CPU seams to be to fast and timing fails.

·
Registered
109 Posts

This is my issue perfectly.
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1145006-pmu-memory-training-error-x570-aorus-master/

Thoughts?

Put them in A2 and B2

7561 - 7580 of 16616 Posts