Overclock.net banner

12041 - 12060 of 14739 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you try it plz say if you can avoid the WHEA or the Crashes from f31h.
For me at 1900 and doing the copy test of aida, 100% reproduction rate...
F31i - cannot flash this one, as this is not the right revision for my mobo (ITX) apparently. Will go back to F30 and / or F31e to check, maybe will give F31h a try if others re getting such positive resutls...

it is curious though in F31h
  • enabling XMP gives no effect, memory goes to default clock
  • 3600 / 1600 cannot get stable
  • 3800 / 1900 cannot get stable

or perhaps I am doing something wrong (I got tons of WHEA errors)

Any recommendations what can I change?

·
Registered
133 Posts
F31i - cannot flash this one, as this is not the right revision for my mobo (ITX) apparently. Will go back to F30 and / or F31e to check, maybe will give F31h a try if others re getting such positive resutls...

it is curious though in F31h
  • enabling XMP gives no effect, memory goes to default clock
  • 3600 / 1600 cannot get stable
  • 3800 / 1900 cannot get stable

or perhaps I am doing something wrong (I got tons of WHEA errors)

View attachment 2466025

Any recommendations what can I change?
Vsoc to 1.1 (tweak LLC to have it very stable)
VDDG IOD 1000-1050
VDDG 950-1000
VDDP 950 (as u have)
If u have curve stabilizer, put it to 0, and when u are stable go down 5 by 5, making benchmarks because curve stab ALSO gives crashes and WHEA errors.

·
Registered
AMD 5900x, MSI Trio X 3090 500W, Aorus X570 Master, Patriot Viper 4400 4x8gb, 2x1TB nvm4, Kraken X73
61 Posts
(check zen on previous post)
VSOC 1125
VDDG IOD 1047
VDDG CCD 1047
VDDP 0.859
Hwinfo seems working fine

·
Registered
14 Posts
Vsoc to 1.1 (tweak LLC to have it very stable)
VDDG IOD 1000-1050
VDDG 950-1000
VDDP 950 (as u have)
If u have curve stabilizer, put it to 0, and when u are stable go down 5 by 5, making benchmarks because curve stab ALSO gives crashes and WHEA errors.
VSOC is indeed 1.1
VDDG IOD - 1000
VDDG CCD - 1000
VDDP - 950
changed LLC (both) to MEDIUM

Still getting WHEA errors.

@wirx
suggests to bump up the VSOC slightly. I will do that too. (EDIT: set to 1.125, still errors)

I mean, I did the basic stuff using Ryzen Dram Calcluator but apperently cannot stabilize, probably missing something.

Any other tips?

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
AMD 5900x, MSI Trio X 3090 500W, Aorus X570 Master, Patriot Viper 4400 4x8gb, 2x1TB nvm4, Kraken X73
61 Posts
Sorry, did´t know, but still 0
I have some problems with CB20, but those are because 4700Mhz core clock and 1.35v, it sometimes shuts down. But with lower Mhz no problems, also I haven´t seen anywhere else problems with higher CPU MHz.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just got a really stupid question that crossed my mind thanks to @wrix and his posts:

and

and

??

·
Registered
258 Posts
it looks like i've successfully elimited the WHEA errors at 1866 IF on f31h. I kept upping the VSOC from 1v until 1.175 (1.15 after vdroop) and finally no more errors.

·
Registered
313 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's not a question. What are you asking?

99.8 is normal, you can disable spread spectrum and SVM to get an even 100 MHz. That number's not related to the WHEAs.
I thought I will ask anyway if that 99.8 vs 100 is not a WHEA related problem, but seems it is not.

Anyway - still cannot get my memory stable. Any other hints what should I tweak?

[EDIT] at this moment I gave up a bit and loaded BIOS defaults due to instability. Will probably wait for some other release. Could not stabilize anything from 3200 / 3600 / 3800... I see on other forums that this is common problem (also other MOBOs).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey,

I'm a new owner of a X570 Aorus Master with a 5950X, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting anything stable, even at full stock.
I'm on the F31e BIOS as it was recommended to get a 1.1.0.0 AGESA for 5000 Ryzen, but I'm probably going to try F30 as well soon.

The system will boot to windows, and even if i let it sit on the login screen it'll eventually reboot and log one of two errors, either a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR , or a Machine Check Exception (Bus/Interconnect Error or Cache Hierarchy Error)

I would assume (and hope) that at full stock the default BIOS settings should be stable, or is that assumption wrong on this board and CPU?
Or is F31e troublesome, since its still a beta?

I've already tried two sets of RAM, the new 3600CL16 kit I got for that build, as well as my old 3200 kit in my current intel box, the result is the same. XMP is not enabled, so the memory is running on 2133 even. But also tried XMP or manually setting timings, with the same result.

Is there something funky with my board? The CPU?
Initially I blamed the memory, but my old set showed the same issues and that one definitely works in my old setup.

Any hints would be appreciated.

·
Old crazy guy
2,221 Posts
Hey,

I'm a new owner of a X570 Aorus Master with a 5950X, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting anything stable, even at full stock.
I'm on the F31e BIOS as it was recommended to get a 1.1.0.0 AGESA for 5000 Ryzen, but I'm probably going to try F30 as well soon.

The system will boot to windows, and even if i let it sit on the login screen it'll eventually reboot and log one of two errors, either a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR , or a Machine Check Exception (Bus/Interconnect Error or Cache Hierarchy Error)

I would assume (and hope) that at full stock the default BIOS settings should be stable, or is that assumption wrong on this board and CPU?

I've already tried two sets of RAM, the new 3600CL16 kit I got for that build, as well as my old 3200 kit in my current intel box, the result is the same. XMP is not enabled, so the memory is running on 2133 even. But also tried XMP or manually setting timings, with the same result.

Initially I blamed the memory, but my old set showed the same issues and that one definitely works in my old setup.

It could be one or all of those you said.
Try first the latest BIOS, F31i.
Then go back to F30 if it's not working.
I had similar issues when I bought the 3800x.
The AGESA is still very unstable.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Guys one importante thing!
Habing curve stabilizer makes whea errors pop up and hard crashes.
I thought my 5900X was stable at -25
And that was the cause of instability (whea) and hard crashes at aida copy test
And it worked for full cinebench, gaming, cpuz test.
Aida copy test is the best way to know if curve stabilizer is stable.

• Rep+
Reactions: ManniX-ITA

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's not a question. What are you asking?

99.8 is normal, you can disable spread spectrum and SVM to get an even 100 MHz. That number's not related to the WHEAs.
I thought I will ask anyway if that 99.8 vs 100 is not a WHEA related problem, but seems it is
Hey,

I believe there is nothing wrong with your board it is just most likely the BIOS itself. After spending hours with bios / tweaking / manual timings etc I have just loaded the defaults (ram at 2133) and just left it as it is. There is no point, not with my board at least.

Few of you mention some curve optimizer - i just assume this is for cpu clock speed? I do not have this in my bios at all ot it is hidden some where where I do not normalny look :D but for sure never touched that part of the system / that part of the setup.

And I cannot even try the F31i as it is not available for my board. It is for AORUS PRO WiFi but not for the AORUS I PRO WiFi, well at least untill today afternoon (that was the last time I have checked).

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought I will ask anyway if that 99.8 vs 100 is not a WHEA related problem, but seems it is

I believe there is nothing wrong with your board it is just most likely the BIOS itself. After spending hours with bios / tweaking / manual timings etc I have just loaded the defaults (ram at 2133) and just left it as it is. There is no point, not with my board at least.

Few of you mention some curve optimizer - i just assume this is for cpu clock speed? I do not have this in my bios at all ot it is hidden some where where I do not normalny look :D but for sure never touched that part of the system / that part of the setup.

And I cannot even try the F31i as it is not available for my board. It is for AORUS PRO WiFi but not for the AORUS I PRO WiFi, well at least untill today afternoon (that was the last time I have checked).
Curve optimizer added in f31h. I’m stable on f31e for now with my 5950x and 3800cl16 Aorus Master.

12041 - 12060 of 14739 Posts