Overclock.net banner

12061 - 12080 of 12407 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Curve optimizer added in f31h. I’m stable on f31e for now with my 5950x and 3800cl16 Aorus Master.
I have tested the F31h and for sure there was no curve optimizer in my BIOS, which menu does it sit Under just out of curiousity?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have tested the F31h and for sure there was no curve optimizer in my BIOS, which menu does it sit Under just out of curiousity?
Or maybe it was f31g figured they would have left it in h and i as well. I can’t verify as I’m still on e but it should be under AMD overclocking then PBO advanced.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Or maybe it was f31g figured they would have left it in h and i as well. I can’t verify as I’m still on e but it should be under AMD overclocking then PBO advanced.
I will check just out of curiousity. It will probably not make any difference.

I will try somo more previous bioses like F30 perhaps this weekend unless there are some offcial newer versions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
The WHEA counter is right at the bottom of HWiNFO (not visible on your screenshot).
Tested some time, and yes there are WHEA [email protected], usually they pop like 100 at one second and then will be sometimes 30 minutes and then again 100 errors at once. Tried lots of benchmarks and memtests. Aida copy or latency sometimes throws whea errors in Hwinfo, sometimes not. But there isn´t single crash in benches, windows or games...yet :) I also tried IF1900 and errors are still there, but with IF1800 didnt get any errors about 15 minutes. Tried also higher-lower voltages everywhere, but WHEA-s are still there. I also installed f31i bios, but nothing changed. I will wait next BIOS, but at moment also everything seems to working 100%, so mybe just some windows drivers errors with new AGESA?
They usually start -
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

and then will be ~100errors at one second -
A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Unknown Error Source
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

·
Registered
73 Posts
F31i still getitng bunch of whea errors @ 2000 & 1900 but F31e I don't get any at 1900 but 2000 doesn't boot. I guess I will stick to F31e for now and wait to see if they can fix it

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just got my 5600x to replace my 3600 and about to install it in the next hour or so. I'm currently still using f31e on my Aouros Elite. Is that still considered the most stable BIOS at the moment for overclocking? I hate how GB BIOSes seem to wildly flip and flop around between absolutely terrible and stable

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I include now your board on TT forum.

Btw,

X570 series BIOS bump to F31k.
Good to see updates, are they all focused on the 5000 series?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I include now your board on TT forum.

Btw,

X570 series BIOS bump to F31k.
Thanks!

I don't want to jinx it but F31k doesn't immediately throw WHEA errors for me at known good settings on F31e. None actually, in the 20 minutes I've been testing it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Thanks!

I don't want to jinx it but F31k doesn't immediately throw WHEA errors for me at known good settings on F31e. None actually, in the 20 minutes I've been testing it.
Is F31k out already? I couldn't boot into windows with F31e @1900, but I was able to boot into windows with 1900 with pretty standard soc, vddp and vddg, and even got to 1966 on F31g higher voltages for those 3 settings.

I set the VSOC to normal and use the offset to adjust the voltages so the voltages stays constant i.e. 1.1v. Nonetheless, I noticed the same WHEA errors keep coming up in the same pattern even when I use my 100% stable 1866mhz fclk from F31e. In my testing I ignored all the memory settings and only tested with FCLK + voltage chagnes and I am still seeing the same WHEA errors IN THE SAME PATTERN.

For 1933 to 1966mhz I use the following voltages:
VSOC - Normal
Dynamic VSOC(DVID) - + 0.1875
VDDP - 1000
VDDG ccd/iod = 1125

SOC = 1.175 in HWINFO and zen timing.

Anything below 1900mhz I can use
VSOC - Normal
DVID - +0.126
VDDP - 900
VDDG ccd/iod = 900/950

SOC = 1.1 in HWINFO

The pattern I see with my WHEA error starts with 1 error after 15-20 seconds loading into windows, then it jumps to 102 after another 30 seconds or so consistently no matter what frequency I was testing.

For 2000mhz I can't boot into it and I don't want to set the voltage any higher.

·
Registered
217 Posts
No WHEA errors for me either on f31k. I'm back to my stable settings i was using on f31e! This is gonna be a nice weekend :)

·
Registered
73 Posts
5900X With X570 Ultra & 4x8GB DDR4-4000 B-Die F31K
I can boot 1900 now with no whea errors which is great just like F31e but 2000 still giving me whea errors not matter what I try with voltages etc. Hopefully they will keep trying with bios.

Running XMP but will play with timings once I make sure no whea errors

·
Registered
49 Posts
Testing F31k for an hour, no WHEA errors at XMP"1800IF" and no errors at 1900IF..For the first time my setting from the previous processor 3600x work, ram timings ect...didnt test higher IF
Good work GB :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Is 62.1ns good for 3800 CL16?

View attachment 2466173
I believe so. As far as I remeber those close to 60 are fantastic results.

You can always lunch Ryzen RAM Calculator and do memory benchmark. Will take little bit over 3 minutes, but you will have great reference point there as well.

Let us knkw the details like sticks, voltages, timings etc.

12061 - 12080 of 12407 Posts