Overclock.net banner
12381 - 12400 of 17021 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I'm saying that most people dump their internet into their LAN, to serve all wired devices. Why wouldn't you want to connect your computer via the faster network adapter, assuming you have some 2.5G hardware on your LAN?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm saying that most people dump their internet into their LAN, to serve all wired devices. Why wouldn't you want to connect your computer via the faster network adapter, assuming you have some 2.5G hardware on your LAN?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Okay, I get it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
X570 Aorus Xtreme USB Thumb drive.
It's formatted by cdfs, and right click format doesn't work at all, also doesn't work with diskpart, partition tools. How do I format this thing? It looks shabby that I want to use it as put some bios and profiles. plz need some help

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ryzen master show what core is best the cpu reports it it's self. Hwinfo also labels cores under (per#x/y) you can also watch which core clocks the highest.

core 1 to 8 is equal to 0 to 7. HWinfo also labels from 0
Okey thanks a lot, i got 2 cores @-10 and rest minus 25

Dunno if I could run just 1 core @-10 and rest minus 25

It seems that the Curve Optimiser is kinda strange atm, and the new bios 31L gives a lot of errors, dunno why. So 31K works best for me atm, someone else seen all errors that 31L bios gives?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Done some tinkering, with negative values etc. This is what I achieved so far.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Done some tinkering, with negative values etc. This is what I achieved so far.
Good God man, are you running LN2 to get 4.65 on all core? Holy crap 😲

·
Registered
228 Posts
Good God man, are you running LN2 to get 4.65 on all core? Holy crap 😲
nope corsair h150 push/pull config ;) my computer stands near a window, lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all, I am new to this tread. I was googling around a bit for the idle temps for the 3950X but the numbers are all over the place.

My Config:
CPU: Ryzen 3950X
Mobo: Aorus X570 Master (rev 1.0)
RAM: Gskill Trident Neo Z (3600C16D-32GTZR)
nVME: Crucial 1TB
SSD: Samsung EVO 850 1TB
GPU: Zotac GTX 1080Ti
PSU: Corsair RM1000x
AIO: Kraken X53 top mount push config
Chassis: Phanteks Enthoo 719
Fans: 4 x Noctua (2000rpm pwm) 120mm front intake, 1 x Noctua 140mm (1200rpm) bottom intake, 2 x 120mm (1500rpm AIO) top exhaust, 1 x Noctua 140mm (2000rpm pwm) back exhaust

I have tried tinkering with Ryzen master but could not get a fairly stable overclock by lowering the voltages so switched to using the OC tuner by gigabyte. I am kind of a noob when it comes to OC. OC Tuner gave an all core 3.7Ghz OC where my idle temps were 38-41C. Recently Gigabyte dropped a OC tuner update, which gives me an all core OC of 4.1Ghz but runs fairly warmer at 44-50C. And the temps keep jumping by 5C, similar to the default Ryzen clock at 4.7Ghz where the temps jumped from 50-55C. I really curse myself for updating to the new OC Tuner app, will mostly go back to the older one which gave me stable temps at the cost of lower performance. I've jumped from intel i7 2600k to ryzen 3950x recently so such high idle temps scare me.

Plus since this is a massive case, I assume the positive pressure is just not enough, could mount 4 more 120mm fans on the side but am a little cash strapped at the moment. Any suggestions would help. :)

My rig also completely freezes once in two weeks at initial boot up once in windows, but that might be due to the NZXT + Gigabyte + Razer start up apps which I have managed to delay at start up with Startup Delayer. I just wish Gigabyte would invest more in giving at least some functional and visually appealing apps. Asus is almost there, but their mid/top tier X570 boards were more expensive than the AORUS master.

Thank you. Stay Safe.

·
Registered
228 Posts
g with Ryzen master but could not get a fairly stable overclock by lowering the voltages so switched to using the OC tuner by
An open window in Sverige (Sweden) at this time,

Will be 4.8Ghz maybe in a couple of months if you keep the window open during winter in Sverige ;-)
haha yeah ;)
kinda funny to see the scores raise lol!

well gonna tinker some more with this, dunno for example if I need 2 cores @-10 or if its enough with 1. Haven´t tried it yet, but so far I am impressed of the computer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Tried F31L and it breaks my mem OC .. gives me tons of WHEA errors with basically the same settings.

F31K download link for 7 days - X570AORUSELITE.F31k

·
Registered
101 Posts
This doesnt make any sense for me as well, i bought this motherboard and i want all connections to be able to function without any issues, and ive put the internet connection first on the realtek while the intel was not connected adn then on the intel and the realtek was not connected, intel worked flawlessly realtek always droppes the connection. I didnt just payed for an intel working connection, cause i want to use the intel one for the slower lan to nas connection and use the realtek with my my TP-Link Archer AX11000 2.5gb internet connection.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Since when is Realtek better than Intel at networking ?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Since when is Realtek better than Intel at networking ?
Drivers, Intel drivers are just better and Intel make very good networking devices. Realtek years ago were pretty bad with their drivers, hardware side of things was okay but that's useless if the software is buggy, they have improved a lot since then but still they've got room for improvement. The realtek 2.5 gbe is probably best suited for lan rather than internet as it's got better bandwidth and Intel may have better latency for internet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh ... just noticed that i gave you the Aorus Elite BIOS .. you have the Master ! :(
Ha! No harm done... It's my bad for not specifying Master :)

So, got my 5800X yesterday and F31L is terrible. Anyone can share F31J and/or F31K??

12381 - 12400 of 17021 Posts