Overclock.net banner

13381 - 13400 of 16283 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Wait, so it was not a final BIOS and they keep releasing Beta versions again?....

·
Registered
170 Posts
Wait, so it was not a final BIOS and they keep releasing Beta versions again?....
Yeah, and remember we still
In early AGESA 1.1.1.0
Seems 1.1.8.0 give some problemas altough asus has already some bios with that agesa

·
Registered
520 Posts
Well, certainly explains why the "holy grail non beta" release is worse than F20 and F30 in terms of stability, overclocking and performance like i mentioned here a couple of days ago... another week wasted to make things stable and fast again...nice work...

·
Old crazy guy
2,743 Posts
Well, certainly explains why the "holy grail non beta" release is worse than F20 and F30 in terms of stability, overclocking and performance like i mentioned here a couple of days ago... another week wasted to make things stable and fast again...nice work...
The holy grail non beta can only happen once AMD will finally release a good quality working AGESA.
Seems they are struggling even more than the usual.

The problem is not rolling out beta releases.
Seems to me more a marketing gig due to the bad rep about the slow releases.
"Hey, let's spit out 2 releases per day now so we make our customers happy".

The problem is the lack of community management. What Matthew was doing before.
There's very little value in releasing so many betas without collecting feedback and provide follow ups.

I'm still happier than without nothing but it's not very smart.

• Rep+
Reactions: Spectre73

·
Registered
417 Posts
The problem is the lack of community management. What Matthew was doing before.
There's very little value in releasing so many betas without collecting feedback and provide follow ups.

I'm still happier than without nothing but it's not very smart.
Exactly.. I did type this a while ago... If they use community right way they can fix problem faster and get regular buys happy with bords with solid/quality bios.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

·
Old crazy guy
2,743 Posts
Hi i would like to improve my figures with my ram (from 3400mhz to 3800mhz maybe 4000) i think it can support it
( G.SKILL TridentZ Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3400 (PC4 27200) Intel Z370 Platform Desktop Memory Model F4-3400C16D-16GTZ)
Im on watecooling ,im in auto mode @4.3ghz max with the proc ,i reach 55°c-60°C in full load
Long time i didnt overclock a rig , i never performed on AMD. and i am kinda lost..
I attached more info about my specs..
Thanks for your help.
You should start from the basics.

Post a screenshot from Taiphoon Burner and ZenTimings.
Use DRAM Calculator with the Taiphoon Burner report in Import XMP; it will suggest some good timings to start with.

Since are B-dies you could also find good timings to test on the spreadsheets:

Would be better also if you can have a visual inspection and find out which PCB version they are:

·
Registered
286 Posts
@stasio Is there any chance you are going to enable "Re-Size BAR Support" for Zen1 and Zen2? There are reports it is working just fine in principle. I'm currently on an Aorus Elite with F31o bios, and Ryzen 3700X, and it seems like it is not available yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Someone tried with PPT, TDC and EDC settings with their 5900x?
Mine is currently 300/230/205

·
Registered
80 Posts
@stasio Is there any chance you are going to enable "Re-Size BAR Support" for Zen1 and Zen2? There are reports it is working just fine in principle. I'm currently on an Aorus Elite with F31o bios, and Ryzen 3700X, and it seems like it is not available yet.
I tried forcing it on my x470 board, but GBT changed something so that forcing options via AMIBCP or even manually by editing UEFI module does not work for some reason.

·
Registered
42 Posts
F31o Seems to have issues for it, Was testing it out & the bios seems to do the right things, but in windows!
Did all the testing for it & later on noticed 5900x, X570 Mast erRev 1.0: 6800xt Large Memory lane not showing up, RTX 3080 Large Memory Lane not showing up.

(F31Q) Also PCI-E & PCI (Auto gen1, 2, 3, 4) options seem to do the same thing? Tested with Gen 4.0 GPU & Gen 3 Nvme set both to gen 4, gen 4 + auto, Auto + gen 4 no difference noticed.

Keep in mind i'm only testing apples to apples, not stress testing.
F31Q - Only tried the RTX 3080 since its a hassle to swap GPU's Anyway Large Memory Lane STILL not showing up. Have to test AMD 6800xt to be sure, but not going to.
F31Q - So... Seems to think my 5900x is a 3900x at a guess, 3.8 base speed, mixed sustained boost speed, 4.8GHz mostly top end boost speed - Which is what my old 3900x did mostly, Never really hit 4.8ghz though hence the upgrade to 5900x, I know from multipul bio's this 5900x can boost to 5ghz without PBO, Holds 4.4GHZ substained for VERY long periods & 3.6-3.7ghz is its base speed, never saw any of that.
F31Q chipset temps are up 5deg C. Vs F31o (& prior bio's) ~ could be anything but the ramped up fans mean it should be cooler....
F31Q Fans going nuts(Edit: nevermind this one) Had to reload Fan profile as I forgot i needed to do.
F31Q: Voltage per core is 0.011 higher under boost (with lower boost achived) than prior bio's. More differences noticed but thats the only standout one.
Flashed back to F31o & we are working as normal, boost speeds, substantiated boost of 4.4.ghz, top end boost is back 4.9ghz performing like a 5900x again! Chipset down 5deg. Going to wait for next AGESA, F31o is stable enough to do what i need.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Damn, that's a shame about the size. The DP 11 has an "OC Key" with which you can switch between four independent 12V rails to one massive one. That'd have been nice for any 3080 you might buy in the future, as those spike even harder.
just wanted to inform you again, i got the new PSU, i went a little overboard tbh. After 5 cancellations because of "out of stock" PSUs I bought an available Seasonic Prime TX 750W.
No crashes anymore and back to rockstable with my OC settings. Only drawback being i had to redo all my cables. Thanks again for helping me pinpoint the PSU as the problem.

·
Registered
417 Posts
If games like GTA5 start to lagg. What can that be?

Description of lagg.

Everything is snappy and fast but some times it came of hack on the screen like something does not keep up.

I may try to get some recordings when I finding any good software for it.

·
Old crazy guy
2,743 Posts
If games like GTA5 start to lagg. What can that be?

Description of lagg.

Everything is snappy and fast but some times it came of hack on the screen like something does not keep up.

I may try to get some recordings when I finding any good software for it.

You can enable CSV logging from HWInfo and share it.

• Rep+
Reactions: Mullcom

·
Old crazy guy
2,743 Posts
Thank you very much for all the informations !

I just tried CO and indeed it seems like a nice tool to manage the temperature. And it's giving me better performance.
I am currently using LionAlonso's values for PBO Limits (145 PPT, 155 TDC, 180 EDC), but I'll try differents EDC value to see the results (downloading Geekbench 5 & RE 6 benchmark).

Last things I would like to know :

• PWM Phase Control : does it change something to set it at eXm Perf ?
  • L1/2 Stream HW Prefetcher : does it have something to do with stability ?
  • Do you do a cold boot after changing CLDO_VDDP (some guides say that we need to) ?

Thank you again for all your help !!
I have tested today with the negative count borderline unstable.
Running Geekbench 5 till was triggering a reboot.

Anything for PWM below eXm Perf and is rebooting immediately.
CPU and SOC OverVoltage Protection must be set to 400mV, High at least.
Tested up to Extreme and it wouldn't change the outcome.

• Rep+
Reactions: dr.Rafi

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey,

I am wondering if PBO is still behaving bad (EDC bug...) on the Master. Reason for asking is that I've bought a 5950x and a MSI X570 tomahawk and it works perfectly on that motherboard (respecting Watts and EDC).

Still have my 3900x and x570 master but I guess my daily system will change very soon. MSI bios is a pleasure after gigabyte BIOS

·
Old crazy guy
2,743 Posts
Not sure what you mean with bad... PBO wouldn't boost as it was supposed to on any board as I know.
I was using the EDC Bug on the Master with the 3800x and it was working fine.
With the 5950x on the Master the EDC Bug doesn't work at all. Not that there's any reason for it...
PBO2 works pretty well so there's no need to workaround it :)

I'm waiting the Unify-X so I'll be able soon to make a direct comparison as well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Someone tried with PPT, TDC and EDC settings with their 5900x?
Mine is currently 300/230/205
For me that value of EDC is too high, my boost at games and CB 20 score starts to go down.
I have around 8750 CB20 score at 160 EDC, and thats the sweet spot also for games more or less (depending of games)
Not sure what you mean with bad... PBO wouldn't boost as it was supposed to on any board as I know.
With the 5950x on the Master the EDC Bug doesn't work at all. Not that there's any reason for it...

I'm waiting the Unify-X so I'll be able soon to make a direct comparison as well.
It will be a shame if we loose you in this thread, you have given so much valueable info , i can only thank you.
Hope you still here when you get the Unify, atleast casually :)

·
Old crazy guy
2,743 Posts
For me that value of EDC is too high, my boost at games and CB 20 score starts to go down.
I have around 8750

It will be a shame if we loose you in this thread, you have given so much valueable info , i can only thank you.
Hope you still here when you get the Unify, atleast casually :)
Not going anywhere :p
I'm probably keeping the Master either for a 2nd PC or my niece (but her cheap ASUS B550 works so well...).

• Rep+
Reactions: LionAlonso

·
Registered
193 Posts

Well bad as when I put a value it's not seen in hwinfo.

PPT limit too 200 Watts on MSI .... CPU takes just 200 Watts
EDC limit to 200 or 250. MSI board respects it

I've never seen this on gigabyte.

It might of course be due to the 5950x instead of the 3900x. But I won't put my 5950x on my master because there's liquid metal on my 3900X ;-)

13381 - 13400 of 16283 Posts