Overclock.net banner

16001 - 16020 of 16350 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Well, if I recall correctly, running 2 sticks of RAM in the A2/B2 slots is exactly what it tells users to do in the Aorus X570 board's user guide...........o_O
It's amazing how people don't reference their motherboard manuals. Not surprising to see people who don't do that having a hard time. Yep, the x570 Aorus Master's manual says A2/B2, as well.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Seems pretty standard / canned response you would expect from technical support nowadays. You will see this with most "big" vendors... almost always better off going to technical forum like here.
Absolutely...but the gold standard is when you get to the point that you can troubleshoot your problems yourself without resorting to tech support. That will come with time and experience. Everyone learns the same way--hands on, trial and error, etc. That experience begins with thorough use of your motherboard manuals, imo. But for those rare problems that you can't solve, tech forums can sometimes provide a timely answer. Even then, however, you have to know enough to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff...;)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I tested with AE7 and AE9, with X570 Aorus xtreme and Aorus Master, same problem and i'm not alone.

AE9 on X570 Xtreme and AE7 on X570 Master.

With all the F33X bios, error code 96 when the card is installed.

F32 is running fine but with the bug of USB.

Aorus x570 Master F33a BIOS Code 96 | GIGABYTE USA Forum (this guy has the same problem)
I have the x570 Master, running bios F33i, no problems with USB or problems with PCIe4 mode.

But this is what I wanted to say in this post--if you use headphones, then you shouldn't need that Sound Blaster--the Master has three hardware components in use for 'phones:

1) RealTek 1220-VB HD Audio
2) hardware headphone AMP (3 position switch)
3)hardware DAC (Sabre 9118)

Best sound I've ever heard from a motherboard--& one of the reasons I bought the Master. I used to buy Sound Blasters myself, until I got tired of the constant driver problems.

This is a custom sound device only found on the x570 Master, IIRC. Therefore, you must use the drivers for it from the x570 Master Gigabyte site, which have been updated as Win10 versions demand. If you try to use the standard RealTek drivers from the RealTek site or elsewhere the sound-quality is awful, comparatively, as I discovered.

If you don't need the SB for composition and/or editing, and you use phones, you should take the Master's onboard sound hardware for a spin!

• Rep+
Reactions: Alex0401

·
Registered
185 Posts
Guys, As anyone started using the new OCCT tool to check for the PBO2 stability (Curve optimizer), If yes what is the settings you have used to test,

Do we have to change any other settings in the screenshot to test for individual core stability.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the x570 Master, running bios F33i, no problems with USB or problems with PCIe4 mode.

But this is what I wanted to say in this post--if you use headphones, then you shouldn't need that Sound Blaster--the Master has three hardware components in use for 'phones:

1) RealTek 1220-VB HD Audio
2) hardware headphone AMP (3 position switch)
3)hardware DAC (Sabre 9118)

Best sound I've ever heard from a motherboard--& one of the reasons I bought the Master. I used to buy Sound Blasters myself, until I got tired of the constant driver problems.

This is a custom sound device only found on the x570 Master, IIRC. Therefore, you must use the drivers for it from the x570 Master Gigabyte site, which have been updated as Win10 versions demand. If you try to use the standard RealTek drivers from the RealTek site or elsewhere the sound-quality is awful, comparatively, as I discovered.

If you don't need the SB for composition and/or editing, and you use phones, you should take the Master's onboard sound hardware for a spin!
Please tell me what presets of the equalizer Realtek do you use?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Guys, As anyone started using the new OCCT tool to check for the PBO2 stability (Curve optimizer), If yes what is the settings you have used to test,

View attachment 2486666

Do we have to change any other settings in the screenshot to test for individual core stability.
You can test all cores with regular default values .. but that will only test you the All core curve ... to test the proper stability for the 2 best cores you have to enable each core.

For example .. my 5800X passed all cores stress test with the following : -16 All cores , -13 best 2 cores but it's wrong.

Tested for stability with OCCT on single thread each of the best two cores and ended up with -5 on best 2 cores and -16 on all cores.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Gigabyte is probably skipping that Agesa and instead AMD suggest to release with Agesa 1.2.0.3 somewhere end of this month.
lmao, this is becoming a meme............

• Rep+
Reactions: LionAlonso

·
Registered
114 Posts
Gigabyte is probably skipping that Agesa and instead AMD suggest to release with Agesa 1.2.0.3 somewhere end of this month.
And by end of month they will announce 1.2.0.3 will be skipped until AMD releases 1.2.0.4, and then until Zen3+ launch, and then.....

Funny people at GB.

·
Registered
38 Posts
What is so special in Agesa 1.2.0.2 ?
I'm looking forward to get a FCLK @ 1900mhz to boot and 1933mhz+ without errors. 1.2.0.2 won't probably fix that.

·
Registered
101 Posts
1202 should fix also the pcie issues, pcie cards with which you cant boot pc would be one , also the usb issue should be gone

·
Registered
18 Posts
My master will do 1900 but not 2000 I get errors in event viewer higher the 1933
I'm looking forward to get a FCLK @ 1900mhz to boot and 1933mhz+ without errors. 1.2.0.2 won't probably fix that.
I am limited to 1866 on my 3950x and 1900 on my 5950x on both the B550 Unify on 1.2.0.2 and X570 Master 1.2.0.1 regardless of mem sticks used or VSOC,VDDP,VDDG voltages. I can boot up to 2000 on the 5950x on both boards and 1900 on the 3950 on both boards but with a massive amount of WHEA errors when going over 1867/1900 on each chip.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Considering an X570 master, really like the feature set, has everything I want. People had mentioned to me another forum the bios updates by Gigabyte have been solid, second only to Asus. After reading this thread it seems many don't feel they're doing a good job. I also saw a few YT vids talking about some issue where the board doesn't start every so often and can only be fixed by removing the cmos battery for 10 mins, is that still a thing? Are most people happy with this board?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Guys i’m on f33i with Aorus master. Vcore offset doesn’t seem to work when using CO. Is this normal?
Vcore should be om auto when using pbo. Your already using offset when you use CO.

I am limited to 1866 on my 3950x and 1900 on my 5950x on both the B550 Unify on 1.2.0.2 and X570 Master 1.2.0.1 regardless of mem sticks used or VSOC,VDDP,VDDG voltages. I can boot up to 2000 on the 5950x on both boards and 1900 on the 3950 on both boards but with a massive amount of WHEA errors when going over 1867/1900 on each chip.
I had a AMD 3600 before i got my 5900X. And the 3600 made 1900mhz. :p

16001 - 16020 of 16350 Posts