Overclock.net banner

16081 - 16100 of 16718 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Wondering if anyone else is getting strange behavior in Windows after about 2 weeks with the BETA F33 BIOS's

It will freeze up chrome with mouse activity, stops when i open task manager.

·
Old crazy guy
3,178 Posts
please tell me is it worth upgrading my 3700X to 5800X? or can i wait with it until socket 5 2022-2023?
I'd also like to know.
It's a worthy upgrade, performance wise.
Considerably better also on memory speed.

Also, do you really want to be an early adopter of the first AM5 generation?
New architecture, node, memory interface and technology plus the socket.
Considering the less the outstanding AMD's track with the latest generations on AM4, 6-9 months to stabilize (barely)...
No, I'm very likely skipping the first wave unless it's proven to be rock solid.

·
Premium Member
2,611 Posts
Sounds like a Chrome or Windows issue. I'm betting Chrome is the problem.
Cant be that it does it on a fresh install too after i click the Repair Windows. It's bizarre. I'm 2nd betting it's the 980 Pro SSD

·
Registered
99 Posts
please tell me is it worth upgrading my 3700X to 5800X? or can i wait with it until socket 5 2022-2023?
I will be doing a proper benchmark for the system soon but i have to get my 5800X back from RMA ...

But for now i can only show you this: 6800XT as a GPU

Screenshot 2021-04-20 142405.png

As for results with an older GPU ..when i had my 1080Ti ..the perf difference was meh, the test results i did on my channel last year with the 1080Ti as a GPU were this:

Screenshot 2021-04-20 143808.png Procentaje.jpg

If you are GPU limited you can ride the storm on a 3700X without issues, but if you have a faster than a 1080Ti GPU , sometimes it will show, but it all depends on resolution and the games that you play. Also expect higher temps with the 5800X, it's one of the hottest running Zen3 chips out there, and that's because of the die size, but some people have luck and run them quite cool.

• Rep+
Reactions: Alex0401

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Old crazy guy
3,178 Posts
Found for those with Realtek LAN issues:
To my knowledge it's not fixing all the issues; it's only an improvement.
There's a v10.049 in development in which, according to Realtek, the driver is completely re-written.
That version should fix all the issues.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wondering if anyone else is getting strange behavior in Windows after about 2 weeks with the BETA F33 BIOS's

Highly recommend you try the latest Firefox x64 Developer Edition--I'm on v89.0b3. I friggin' love what Mozilla has done to the UI in this new version out just a few days ago--aside from all of the always-appreciated under-the-hood stuff. I generally am not one to care much about superficial things like a UI presentation (unless something gets the "really ugly" treatment...;)) but Mozilla really checked all my boxes with this recent release! First set of changes to the UI I would insist on "taking" as contrasted with "leaving"...! All the functionality is the same or improved and everything is where you think it should be, but it just looks so much better.

--Also, don't be intimidated by the "developer edition" tag! The browser functions/appears just like the standard x64 version, and the developer tools don't appear unless you hit the buttons to call them up. I've been using the DE x64 version of Firefox (direct from Mozilla) for years and I think it's the best browser Mozilla makes. Just thought I'd bring it up as you mentioned Chrome. (No problems here with F33i.)

·
Registered
143 Posts
To my knowledge it's not fixing all the issues; it's only an improvement.
There's a v10.049 in development in which, according to Realtek, the driver is completely re-written.
That version should fix all the issues.
Thanks for the info! Thought I'd take your post as an opportunity to publish once again the workaround fix that solves the problem until Microsoft +/or RealTek manage to screw things up even more--we hope not...

For the beta version of Win10 I'm running (Insider's--anyone can join) Microsoft actually addressed and fixed the problem a couple of builds back--I'm on v2004, b21364.1000. It was actually caused by a bug in the Win10 auto-install routines and invoked when you attempt to install the RealTek drivers from their own exe's, or automatically by Win10 internally. Microsoft claimed to have fixed the problem relative to its 1.0.0.4 Microsoft drivers--only--but what they did is actually fix the bug in the OS installer that had developed over time somehow--seemingly relating to RealTek drivers exclusively--as I encountered problems in the sound-driver installations as well, although the symptoms were a bit different. Also, as the problem has been behind me for many weeks now, I do recall a couple of reports about Intel NICs dropping offline, as well--(none of this ever had anything to do with motherboards, etc.) Actually, the Microsoft bug fix fixed the problem for all NIC drivers--not just one. Use the workaround and all of them work fine and no longer drop off line. (This is just until Microsoft backports the fix to the current version of Win10 in commercial circulation.)

If you have problems with the Realtek NICs dropping offline, or if your RealTek sound drivers want to go into a perpetual install loop when you try to install a new version (which I experienced myself), the permanent workaround/fix is fortunately very simple: Reinstall the drivers manually through the Device Manager--takes all of five seconds and 3-4 mouse clicks, so this is a fix that ought not scare anyone away.

Step 1: Open Dev Manager
Step 2: Open Network Adapters
Step 3: locate NIC device (works the same for the RealTek Sound device), "RealTek 2.5GbE Family Controller" in my case
Step 4: right-click & select "Update Drivers"
Step 5: left-click "Browse My computer for Drivers"
Step 6: Left-click "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"
Step 7: Left-click select any of the NIC drivers that appear on the list--Microsoft or RealTek, it doesn't matter*
Step 8: Left-click "Next"
...And you're done. Driver is properly installed and will not be dropping offline again--ever. (Unless you reinstall Win10 or install a new build, that is. If that happens then it's simply repeat these steps to get relief.

*If for some reason your system does not already have pre-installed RealTek drivers (clean install--first install, etc.) and none appear on the list when at Step 7, then select "Have Disk", instead, and point the installer to the folder where your driver install .inf is located--which isn't hard to locate at all--or shouldn't be if you're somewhat organized.

At any rate, this fixes both RealTek problems which have only cropped up in the latter builds for commercial Windows and the beta builds I test--I go through 3-4 new build upgrade installs per month. The fix works--and it works every time--and your NIC driver will stay up and no longer simply drop offline. Windows bug, for sure. Once they fix it for your build, you won't have to use the manual-install workaround again--the NIC driver stays up permanently, even through new build upgrade installations. And, as I found, it doesn't matter which NIC driver you use! For fun I even manually installed a RealTek NIC driver from 2015, before the 2.5GbE was even a product--and it runs just fine at the appropriate speed and doesn't drop offline, ether.

·
Old crazy guy
3,178 Posts
@Waltc

Thanks a lot for the info, let's hope this fix will last...
Wonder if will also help PCIe Sound Cards and USB DACs.

Never had the issues reported by others with disconnections and ARP storms, just small and transient problems.
The fix you describe doesn't help with the Realtek driver bugs.
It has been acknowledged by them the Flow Control, Interrupt Mitigation, LSO, guess almost all HW acceleration code was bugged.
Indeed a good idea to rewrite the driver from scratch.
Those affected by the driver bugs needs the new one to fix their issues.
Feel lucky I'm smooth sailing despite both MS and RTL screwed up royally :)

·
Registered
488 Posts

I've had no issues with F33i with my 3800x and 6800 XT with freezing in web browsers. I use Edge Chromium however.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
New BIOS with Agesa 1.2.0.2.......

·
Registered
118 Posts

Thanks yet again Stasio. Is AMD’s AGESA 1.2.0.3 delayed?

·
Registered
x570 Elite, 5950x + RTX3060ti
29 Posts

Just updated on X570 Elite with 5950x & 3060ti. With F33g, i could not get resizable bar enabled but F33h did. I have applied the same setting from "G" and all seems to be working so far.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I confirm that the bios F33I with Gigabyte X570 Xtreme has fixed the error code 96 (no boot) when an Soundblaster AE7 or AE9 is plugged in.

[email protected] all core.
3600C16 on the memory but normally it's 3833C16.

AEGSA is 1.2.0.2 but it's not written anymore in CPU-Z.
SMU got a new version too.

This bios is by far the best.

FCLK, UCLK, VDDP and VDDG are finally on the main page with all the voltage etc...

There is a new layout in CBS and AMD OVERCLOCKING. (this is way better)

No WHEA errors with everyting set to default except voltage of ram, timings of ram & FCLK. (i already rebooted the PC 25 times)

• Rep+
Reactions: Tantawi

·
Registered
173 Posts
Has anybody try to tight more the values with new AGESA and curve optimizer with OCCT verification?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Has anybody try to tight more the values with new AGESA and curve optimizer with OCCT verification?
Personally with occt verification, I had to loosen the previously set aggressive values.

I think this is it for PBO2 implementation from AMD and we cannot expect to have tighter curve offsets further than what we have already achieved.

16081 - 16100 of 16718 Posts