Overclock.net banner

16141 - 16160 of 16321 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Also been running F33j for a few days. Running great! Both F33i and F33j is going well with my USB BT soundcard. Have had some problems before, but none seens F33i. And I also like the new UI in the BIOS, im just missing the VDDG CCD/IOD settings. I guess the VDDG sets both CCD/IOD at the same voltage?
Still can't post 1900mhz FCLK tho, and 1933mhz+ post, but gives WHEA.
You are still able to set separate voltages for CCD/IOD in the AMD Overclocking section, I agree that having the same setting in two places is annoying (especially when one doesn't allow the same granularity in the case of VDDG) but this appears to be par for the course with at least Gigabytes M/B's.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi all

Do you think its save to update the Master Bios f11 to f33j ? and is it working ok as i use 4 dim slots and have the memory set to XMP. I don't overclock but do want a stable BIOS that won't break anything.

is the best way to update the bios in the bios using q-flash and is there a way to leave the older f11 bios in the dual bios chip, meaning i need to move the bios switch to the older bios and then boot the computer and go Stright into the bios to update it or would you just go over the working bios i use now f11 ? and what about fan profiles & settings do i need to remember all my settings before updating.

thanks

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi all

Do you think its save to update the Master Bios f11 to f33j ? and is it working ok as i use 4 dim slots and have the memory set to XMP. I don't overclock but do want a stable BIOS that won't break anything.

is the best way to update the bios in the bios using q-flash and is there a way to leave the older f11 bios in the dual bios chip, meaning i need to move the bios switch to the older bios and then boot the computer and go Stright into the bios to update it or would you just go over the working bios i use now f11 ? and what about fan profiles & settings do i need to remember all my settings before updating.

thanks
Do you have a ryzen 3xxx or 5xxx ? I have tried a lot of bios releases F33x on my 3900x, and gave up. Went back to F20 which works well but I remember F11 and F12x working really well....
In other words, you can try if you have a 5xxx but I wouldn't bother with a 3xxx

·
Registered
220 Posts
Do you have a ryzen 3xxx or 5xxx ? I have tried a lot of bios releases F33x on my 3900x, and gave up. Went back to F20 which works well but I remember F11 and F12x working really well....
In other words, you can try if you have a 5xxx but I wouldn't bother with a 3xxx
3900x, the thing is i have some problems with usb with an external USB disappearing and make the computer boot slow until I unplug it and re plug it back in and fixes the problem for maybe a week or two, also i am sure sometimes my external usb hard drive has been corrupted with the Master usb ports as i never had these problems with my older computer but this needs investigation.

why did you give up on the bios using 3900x ? I am not really into overclocking just want a system that works with no problems

·
Registered
193 Posts
3900x, the thing is i have some problems with usb with an external USB disappearing and make the computer boot slow until I unplug it and re plug it back in and fixes the problem for maybe a week or two, also i am sure sometimes my external usb hard drive has been corrupted with the Master usb ports as i never had these problems with my older computer but this needs investigation.

why did you give up on the bios using 3900x ? I am not really into overclocking just want a system that works with no problems
I gave up because I had random hard resets with the F33 version, power-off and then power-on. Hasn't happened on F20.
You can of course give it a try, just save your bios profile for F11 on an USB stick first ;-)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I gave up because I had random hard resets with the F33 version, power-off and then power-on. Hasn't happened on F20.
You can of course give it a try, just save your bios profile for F11 on an USB stick first ;-)
You have my same problem, Check your event viewer and You will find WHEA errors.. =(

·
Registered
7 Posts

Please if You update came back here and tell us the results, thanks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
What's the latest wisdom regarding switching from Zen2 to Zen3?

C-States?
Cool & Quiet?
VDDG-IOD/CCD?
VDDP?
EDC bug?
IF-Clocks?

on AGESA 1.2.0.2

·
Registered
220 Posts
which version of f33 as there seems of been a few ? have you tried F33J

not to sure if i should upgrade if people are still having these WHEA problems ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi folks

Im after some advice,

Im about to build a new machine and still have a few parts to acquire.

Ive already got the Aorus Master X570 Rev 1.2 board

I have in my hand a 5800x processor but Im seriously contemplating returning it to upgrade it as there's been a slight price drop on the 5900x, I probably wouldnt have bothered but the budgets gone out of the window as in my quest to find a 3070 or 3080 I ended up bagging a Founders edition 3090.

The thing thats tying me in knots is the Ram, Ive read a million posts to the point my heads going to explode and as I probably wont be overclocking it other that using the XMP profile Im after advice as to what to purchase.

my old 3930k machine is packing 32GB, I dont think i want to drop any lower, I remaster a few videos and mainly use it for gaming but its not uncommon for me to have 100 tabs on google open if im researching something.

Am I right in saying the sweet spot is 3600mhz? Im in the UK, budget is now not important as Ill build this and then relook at doing it again in 5+ years.

Any advice or better still links would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Old crazy guy
2,783 Posts
I have in my hand a 5800x processor but Im seriously contemplating returning it to upgrade it as there's been a slight price drop on the 5900x, I probably wouldnt have bothered but the budgets gone out of the window as in my quest to find a 3070 or 3080 I ended up bagging a Founders edition 3090.
If you want to play games in the mid-term a 5800x is probably going to be more than enough.
But if you want to keep it for 5 years maybe a 5900x makes sense.
There are a lot of complaints about 5800x temperatures and faulty 5900x but I don't know what's the situation with latest batches.

Am I right in saying the sweet spot is 3600mhz?
The sweet spot would be 3800Mhz but some 5000 can't do it for some arcane reason.
If you want peace of mind buy a decent 3600C14 B-die kit without RGB possibly.
Maybe in the future you'll want to OC, it should easily go up to 4000MHz.

C-States?
Cool & Quiet?
VDDG-IOD/CCD?
VDDP?
EDC bug?
IF-Clocks?
No EDC bug, no problems with C-States or C&Q.
FCLK depends on your luck, some samples can't do 1900 others can do 1900+ without WHEA.
VSOC can be run up to 1.2V without problems; some samples can run 1.1V without drop in performances (but mostly 1CCD)
VDDP as always best at 900mV
VDDG CDD depends on sample; 1CCD best around 950mV, 2CCD 1000mV
VDDG IOD depends on config (USB stuff); 1000mV is usually enough, 1060mV sweet spot for OC and FCLK up to 2000+

Couldn't you fix it with a bump in VSOC and VDDG IOD?
Then maybe you need AGESA 1.2.0.3 but of course it'd be more safe to stay on the old BIOS

If anyone has any advice for me?
Post a Zentimings screenshot

• Rep+
Reactions: Yuke

·
Registered
127 Posts

Check my sig...3900X. F33j runs like a top, XMP fully supported. No problems whatsoever. No instabilities at all. No crashes, reboots, etc. If you check the release notes on the main Gigabyte site you'll see that F33j not only includes the latest AGESAs from AMD, but contains fixes made to solve USB connectivity issues. (Which I've never had.) Like me, you run everything at stock clocks and voltages, so you should be fine. I have no idea why/how people can't run these bios versions.

• Rep+
Reactions: meridius

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you want to play games in the mid-term a 5800x is probably going to be more than enough.
But if you want to keep it for 5 years maybe a 5900x makes sense.
There are a lot of complaints about 5800x temperatures and faulty 5900x but I don't know what's the situation with latest batches.

The sweet spot would be 3800Mhz but some 5000 can't do it for some arcane reason.
If you want peace of mind buy a decent 3600C14 B-die kit without RGB possibly.
Maybe in the future you'll want to OC, it should easily go up to 4000MHz.

No EDC bug, no problems with C-States or C&Q.
FCLK depends on your luck, some samples can't do 1900 others can do 1900+ without WHEA.
VSOC can be run up to 1.2V without problems; some samples can run 1.1V without drop in performances (but mostly 1CCD)
VDDP as always best at 900mV
VDDG CDD depends on sample; 1CCD best around 950mV, 2CCD 1000mV
VDDG IOD depends on config (USB stuff); 1000mV is usually enough, 1060mV sweet spot for OC and FCLK up to 2000+

Couldn't you fix it with a bump in VSOC and VDDG IOD?
Then maybe you need AGESA 1.2.0.3 but of course it'd be more safe to stay on the old BIOS

Post a Zentimings screenshot

hi, here is the capture.

·
Old crazy guy
2,783 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
[QUOTE = "ManniX-ITA, message: 28786342, membre: 538195"]
Vous devez d'abord fixer les tensions.
VSOC à 1,1 V et VDDP à 1100 ne sont pas bons.
Réglez VDDP à 900 mV et divisez le VDDG CCD 950 mV et IOD 1000 mV.
Essayez avec le profil XMP avec GDM On.
Que se passe-t-il maintenant lorsque vous le définissez sur XMP? Pas d'article?
[/CITATION]
ok i will try this, How much VSoc should I set?

·
Old crazy guy
2,783 Posts
ok i will try this, How much VSoc should I set?
You can leave it at 1.1V
If you still can't boot at 3600 give a little bump to 1.12V-1.15V.
And if you still can't boot try raising VDDG IOD to 1050mV.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can leave it at 1.1V
If you still can't boot at 3600 give a little bump to 1.12V-1.15V.
And if you still can't boot try raising VDDG IOD to 1050mV.
Well done my friend you are the best, I put the 1.2v vsoc and the rest what you wrote.
You can give some explanation when you have time, to understand this operation if I would like to go up to 3800mhz. Thank you

·
Old crazy guy
2,783 Posts
Well done my friend you are the best, I put the 1.2v vsoc and the rest what you wrote.
You can give some explanation when you have time, to understand this operation if I would like to go up to 3800mhz. Thank you

With these settings you can probably go up to 3800MHz already.
But I didn't say 1.2V, I said 1.12V :)
It's too high for a 3900x, you shouldn't go above 1.17V set in BIOS.
And is very likely not needed for FCLK 1800, 1.12V should be already enough.
It was probably the VDDP too high and/or the IOD too low that were blocking you for FCLK 1800.

·
Registered
2 Posts
There is a set of 3800mhz Ram with 14 Latency on the QVL list but it runs at 1.5v ( F4-3800C14Q-32GTZN )

Is that feasible. ?

Sorry I dont understand more about the ram but just about every other module kit on the list runs at 1.35V. Will that shorten the life of anything ?

Thanks for the advice and the earlier reply

16141 - 16160 of 16321 Posts