Overclock.net banner

16161 - 16180 of 16305 Posts

·
Old crazy guy
2,772 Posts
Is that feasible. ?

Sorry I dont understand more about the ram but just about every other module kit on the list runs at 1.35V. Will that shorten the life of anything ?
Yes, it's quite a capable kit with a good binning.
It's a Samsung B-die so it can run at 1.5V without problems.
Needs a decent ventilation but nothing exceptional.
If you are not interested in OC and want to run it with XMP at 3800MHz it's a good choice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is a set of 3800mhz Ram with 14 Latency on the QVL list but it runs at 1.5v ( F4-3800C14Q-32GTZN )

Is that feasible. ?

Sorry I dont understand more about the ram but just about every other module kit on the list runs at 1.35V. Will that shorten the life of anything ?

Thanks for the advice and the earlier reply
Samsung B-die can handle 1.5v. I got 3600mhz CL16 @ 1,35v running 3733mhz cl14 @ 1,47v. 3733mhz because 3800mhz wont post (IF 1900mhz).

·
Registered
Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER, 3950X, Corsair HX1000i, BeQuiet DarkBase Pro Rev.2, Gigabyte GTX1060 3GB
25 Posts
On paper, it's ok if you run them only with XMP.
I'd still go 100% for the G.Skill 3600C16.
This kit has an XMP profile at C16 which runs at 3000 MHz; lead me to think they run already very tight at 3600C18.

Still valid that IMO anything else which is not G.Skill on AMD is a higher risk if it's not in the QVL.
Risk which is 10x more for high density modules, they are uncommon.
And least, for what is worth, the G.Skill kits are "Designed for AMD Ryzen", this one is not.
Some basic testing with Ryzen maybe has been done, the Kingston not so sure.
Whatever you buy be sure you can send it back if it's not compatible, not only if it's defective.

Thanks to all the guys that replied to my question. That really helped me to make up my mind what to do now.

The way I see it:
  • granted, G.Skill seem to have a very good rep
  • granted, Hyper-X seem to have a good rep but less than G.Skill.
  • you might remember that I am interested in (maybe, if worth it) change the MASTER to a X570S MASTER (when available), upgrade the 3950X to a 5950X, or whatever other AM4 processor AMD cooks-up (although the rumors are fuzzy).
  • yes, whatever I do I need to be able to RMA easily, which is a problem because, at least in RO, for this kind of high density memory, all retailers have like 1pcs in stock; so if it does not work (DOA, or just not playing nice with whatever quirks my setup might have), then I am in trouble.
  • the last two things make it very uncomfortable and stressful to get a new RAM kit now because: what if it does not work with my current setup (see my RMA concerns)? what if it works with current, but I get in trouble with the future set-up (whatever that may be...)

So I have decided:
  • I will upgrade my board first (if the X570S line maybe becomes real and is worth it)
  • I will upgrade my CPU next (either 5950X, or ...)
  • only then I will upgrade the RAM (on the final set-up in terms of CPU/MB); in the mean time maybe (6-8 MO) the chip shortage gets better; maybe prices drop due to DDR5... who knows.
  • in the mean time, I have on order WaterCooling parts for a custom loop from AquaComputer. They promise me they will arrive mid May, so my bit of extra money will go that way for now. The WC set-up will be useful independent of the other parts I change in the system. Besides: Summer is coming :D; the heat situation in my little apartment... is not comfortable. This is also a nice pandemic project... and not as stressful and expensive as the RAM thing.

·
Registered
526 Posts
5900x arrived a day earlier than expected.

BIOS defaults show those boost clocks:

CCD1 seems nice, not sure about the second yet. Gonna test default stability first obviously for a week or two, lets see how it goes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Guys! What settings should I use for CPPC and CPPC Prefered Cores? Aorus Elite x570+3700X. Thank you!

·
Registered
526 Posts
5900x arrived a day earlier than expected.

BIOS defaults show those boost clocks:

View attachment 2489161

CCD1 seems nice, not sure about the second yet. Gonna test default stability first obviously for a week or two, lets see how it goes.
Wow, preliminary results for RAM OC are out...seems really good so far, I didnt even have to touch any voltage setting until going over 1933Mhz IF. XMP-profile timings.

Did not touch timings at all. Karhu with activated Cache stress.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
Wow, preliminary results for RAM OC are out...seems really good so far, I didnt even have to touch any voltage setting until going over 1933Mhz IF. XMP-profile timings.

View attachment 2489185

Does that pass OCCT with no WHEA errors or if you check your event log are there WHEA errors there?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Does that pass OCCT with no WHEA errors or if you check your event log are there WHEA errors there?
What test do I run in OCCT? Large Data set? or the Memory test?

Nevermind, lots of WHEA errors, wow. Thats too bad i guess, but funny how Karhu just keeps going. Guess ill try a lower IF clock.

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
What test do I run in OCCT? Large Data set? or the Memory test?

Nevermind, lots of WHEA errors, wow. Thats too bad i guess, but funny how Karhu just keeps going. Guess ill try a lower IF clock.
For many people 3800 is the hard cap before getting WHEA errors, or 3733 even.

·
Registered
526 Posts
For many people 3800 is the hard cap before getting WHEA errors, or 3733 even.
I see. Increasing VDDG to 1100mV postponed the hardware error but eventually it popped up. 4000Mhz looks like a no go for me within reasonable voltages.

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
That came with an XMP profile of 4000 MHz?
No, i used the XMP profile timings for the 4000Mhz OC attempt but im getting WHEA errors anyway, so really no point in going with anything over 3800Mhz.

·
Registered
38 Posts

View attachment 2489185

I've done the same with the same ram as yours. 4000mhz with lots of WHEA errors. My AMD 3600 did make FCLK 1900mhz, but my 5900X don't. :/
So I'm stuck att 3733mhz CL14.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've done the same with the same ram as yours. 4000mhz with lots of WHEA errors. My AMD 3600 did make FCLK 1900mhz, but my 5900X don't. :/
So I'm stuck att 3733mhz CL14.
I passed 1 hour of OCCT with those:

...but I had to push voltages. Anything above 1933Mhz, regardless of timings and voltages, gave me WHEA.

·
AORUS
12 Posts
Guys! What settings should I use for CPPC and CPPC Prefered Cores? Aorus Elite x570+3700X. Thank you!
I have both of them turned "On" and no problem ;) P.S. this from 1usmus recomendations

·
Registered
38 Posts
CPPC & CPPC Prefered should both be set on Enable. What I understand, it help's Windows to use your best cores the most.

·
Registered
526 Posts
What's the rule for applying the offset values for per core overclock/undervolt?

Good cores get a negative value closer to 0? Bad cores an even more negative value?

·
Premium Member
6,013 Posts
What's the rule for applying the offset values for per core overclock/undervolt?

Good cores get a negative value closer to 0? Bad cores an even more negative value?
Here are my settings, my best cores are at 17, worst cores 30 etc.

I get over 11700 in Cinebench R20 and I run my CPU at a .0625v negative offset.

Below are ALL my BIOS settings.

• Rep+
Reactions: Yuke
16161 - 16180 of 16305 Posts