Overclock.net banner

16201 - 16220 of 16737 Posts

·
Old crazy guy
3,190 Posts
Sorry for my misunderstanding, did you mean you think no agesa updates are expected anytime soon?
No no, I mean if the old BIOS works maybe it's better not to jump on the new one.
The latest AGESA did not fix any of the USB issues for me. Not that I have many, some annoyances.
If the can fix it via voltages, it's probably better than jumping on the new one.

·
Registered
521 Posts
The latest AGESA did not fix any of the USB issues for me
I think I can join the club )) Not 100% sure though, but noticed some worrying signs recently

·
Old crazy guy
3,190 Posts
I think I can join the club )) Not 100% sure though, but noticed some worrying signs recently
I mostly had sporadic issues with the USB SSD with the benching install.
That was till AGESA 1.2.0.0.
When they started "fixing" USB it got worse...
Now I have the Logitech USB headphones getting crazy sometimes and I need to completely power off the PC to fix it...
The USB SSD very often gets stuck across reboots and I have to unplug it.
Sometimes I also see a whole USB Hub resetting at boot :eek:
I really hope 1.2.0.3 will improve....

·
Registered
581 Posts
any 5900x users who could write down their new PPT/TDC/EDC limits?

Not sure if im doing the right approach here lmao

·
Registered
x570 Elite, 5950x + RTX3060ti
29 Posts
5950x, x570Elite

PPT/TDC/EDC
172/125/125, VDDG CCD 1020, IOD, 1002 (values in BIOS)

I also set max temp for 82c (just a matter of personal preference)

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is PPT/EDC/TDC?
Only 165 for EDC? Do you see any slowdown in L3 cache speed with that?
EDIT: Interesting, I'm seeing pretty low values (compared to mine) for power limits from everyone. I'm running 230/200/230 currently, maybe I should try lowering see what perf difference I get.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Only 165 for EDC? Do you see any slowdown in L3 cache speed with that?
EDIT: Interesting, I'm seeing pretty low values (compared to mine) for power limits from everyone. I'm running 230/200/230 currently, maybe I should try lowering see what perf difference I get.
You are asking the wrong one but I am confused in general how people can do EDC > TDC, my Cores literally stop boosting if I do that + multicore gets ****ed up on top of that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are asking the wrong one but I am confused in general how people can do EDC > TDC, my Cores literally stop boosting if I do that + multicore gets ****ed up on top of that.
I am a mac user.
I built this PC for 3D modeling and rendering

and follow this and other tutorials

my goal was maximum single-core performance and good multi-core performance on air
Never crashed or restarted, very happy with this setting.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I am a mac user.
I built this PC for 3D modeling and rendering

and follow this and other tutorials

my goal was maximum single-core performance and good multi-core performance on air
Never crashed or restarted, very happy with this setting.
Very nice video, did not see it before.

·
Registered
77 Posts
So I just had a Windows 10 update that automatically installed for AMD SCSIAdapter that made my drive unbootable and reset my bios. Thankfully after 3 boots it did a system restore to fix itsef. Scary ****. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Stability checked with corecycler? -20 CO would lead to crashes and errors in corecycler with my 5950X.
never checked with this app :)
maybe someday

worked for ~ 2 months in several 3D applications and renders every day + Adobe suite without glitch

I found a video from which I set my settings

sorry for my english: /

·
Registered
148 Posts
So I just had a Windows 10 update that automatically installed for AMD SCSIAdapter that made my drive unbootable and reset my bios. Thankfully after 3 boots it did a system restore to fix itsef. Scary ****. Just a heads up.
If you are running Win10 Pro there is a Group Policy setting that allows you to turn off all device driver updates through Windows Update. Bing/Google/duck it. I've been running that way for a more than a year, IIRC. Works great. Then you only update device drivers from the websites of the manufacturers of your devices.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you are running Win10 Pro there is a Group Policy setting that allows you to turn off all device driver updates through Windows Update. Bing/Google/duck it. I've been running that way for a more than a year, IIRC. Works great. Then you only update device drivers from the websites of the manufacturers of your devices.
There's also a way to disable it for certain devices only. However windows starts bitching that the update is blocked if you do so.

·
Old crazy guy
3,190 Posts
The same, checked with corecycler? Never saw a 5950X that does -30 in corecycler on best cores/ccd.
Whole CCD at the same negative count means a very low boost

16201 - 16220 of 16737 Posts