Overclock.net banner
16661 - 16680 of 16986 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
So I got a new story from my x570 Master. Mobo simply doesn't cut off the power on the USB ports after system shut down. Everything hooked on the USB keeps powered on after system is off. Tried ErP on or off and it simply doesn't do anything

·
Registered
152 Posts
anyone got a whea reboot while doing a full windows defender scan? happened to me twice at around the 8min mark of scanning!
Only time I ever saw something similar was back when I was running my 250GB 960 EVO NVMe PCIe3 drive as my boot drive...I could not complete a custom Defender scan of C:\ as the system would crash after a few minutes of file scanning activity every time without exception. System did not reboot, it simply did a CTD with no error messages. Of course, it was what you'd expect it to be (or, at least, what I expected it to be after giving it some thought..;))--the drive was shutting itself down because of the heating generated by the file scanning. Sounds like this could be your issue, too.

But since then my 960 has been moved to the second NVMe slot and my boot drive is now the 500GB 980 Pro (in PCIe4 mode) and I've never seen the problem again. I now have several games installed on the 960 that sometimes go heavy on the disk accesses, but have never seen that problem again from that drive. The earlier Samsung NVMe drives like the 960 could overheat quickly with heavier-than-normal file scanning activity, apparently.

·
Registered
289 Posts
So I got a new story from my x570 Master. Mobo simply doesn't cut off the power on the USB ports after system shut down. Everything hooked on the USB keeps powered on after system is off. Tried ErP on or off and it simply doesn't do anything
x570 Pro Wifi does the same thing. Welcome that Gigabyte x570 life!

·
Registered
21 Posts
x570 Pro Wifi does the same thing. Welcome that Gigabyte x570 life!
I was so dumb to only focus on the pcb layout and power delivery etc of the board rather than the actual functionality of it. I guess this issue is so easy to fix that I could personally do it on the 1st year of studying computer science. I should have gone for that black MSI Unify beauty

·
Registered
289 Posts
I was so dumb to only focus on the pcb layout and power delivery etc of the board rather than the actual functionality of it. I guess this issue is so easy to fix that I could personally do it on the 1st year of studying computer science. I should have gone for that black MSI Unify beauty
I mean the board is fine. I've owned it since 8/19 paired with a 3900x and now 5900x. It has its quirks like other manufacturers. I tried the B550 MSI Unify several months ago when I was trouble shooting a defective 5900x. The BIOS seemed way more complicated than Gigabyte (or maybe I'm just used to Gigabyte). It had issues with redundant settings and only setting it in one place and not the other would cause it to take effect. I never understood the point of going beyond a mid-range board unless you're doing extreme overclocking. My board has plenty good enough power delivery and features for my use case.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Only time I ever saw something similar was back when I was running my 250GB 960 EVO NVMe PCIe3 drive as my boot drive...I could not complete a custom Defender scan of C:\ as the system would crash after a few minutes of file scanning activity every time without exception. System did not reboot, it simply did a CTD with no error messages. Of course, it was what you'd expect it to be (or, at least, what I expected it to be after giving it some thought..;))--the drive was shutting itself down because of the heating generated by the file scanning. Sounds like this could be your issue, too.

But since then my 960 has been moved to the second NVMe slot and my boot drive is now the 500GB 980 Pro (in PCIe4 mode) and I've never seen the problem again. I now have several games installed on the 960 that sometimes go heavy on the disk accesses, but have never seen that problem again from that drive. The earlier Samsung NVMe drives like the 960 could overheat quickly with heavier-than-normal file scanning activity, apparently.
strange enough, if i did not have hwinfo opened, i can finish the full window defender scan, no reboot, no whea error

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i have v1 of master on f33, when i shut down windows, and leaving the mains on, all usb devices are powered off.

imo it's probably some settings in your bios

·
Registered
14 Posts
F34a seems alright, don't notice anything out of the ordinary. At least there are no new bugs introduced.
Yea but are you getting more performance out of the processor and chipset? Wringing every last drop of get up and go out of the hardware. That's what these new Agesa versions should be delivering. It's got to be more than minor bug fixes. Otherwise what's the point?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yea but are you getting more performance out of the processor and chipset? Wringing every last drop of get up and go out of the hardware. That's what these new Agesa versions should be delivering. It's got to be more than minor bug fixes. Otherwise what's the point?
I'm on F33 master, 5950x, optimus cpu block and anfitec vrm block. How should I test CPU before and after? multicore cinebench, single core cinebench?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, so I just installed F34a, loaded optimized defaults, saved and proceeded with setting it non aggressively. PBO and OBP disabled. Lets see how long it lasts.....

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
F34a seems alright, don't notice anything out of the ordinary. At least there are no new bugs introduced.
do you noticed lower single core boost and performance? there is rumblings that newer aegsa have reduced the clocks that original reviewers got, the 5ghz boost are now a rarity

·
Professional Lurker
205 Posts
do you noticed lower single core boost and performance? there is rumblings that newer aegsa have reduced the clocks that original reviewers got, the 5ghz boost are now a rarity
Peak clock speeds aside, I'm more curious about fclk stability above 1900. If anyone has anything to report on that topic, I'm eager to hear.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Peak clock speeds aside, I'm more curious about fclk stability above 1900. If anyone has anything to report on that topic, I'm eager to hear.
my 5900x on f33 runs 1900 1:1 stable... well mostly 99% as i just discovered a full windows defender scan with hwinfo opened, will reboot my pc at around the 20min mark.

if i don't have hwinfo opened, it completes fine

yes windef full scan uses up to 30% of all cores and take almost 30min to complete lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
Weird that ErP does not do the trick, worked for me when having the same problem...maybe reset BIOS and/or reflash it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I just put it on sale a few hours ago and look at MSI Unify or some Asus. Thankfully I still got my beast X99A system and I wont be missing anything till I find a good mobo
All I can say is that judging by the problems you report here I think there's a strong possibility that somehow you got a bad motherboard from your supplier. I say that only because I've had the x570 Master for 23 months and it runs like a top--haven't had any bios issues worth mentioning in the last 14 months, at least. Your situation certainly isn't common, thankfully. I have to say that this mobo is the best I've ever owned (and I've been buying my own hardware since 1995.) The board does everything it is supposed to do the way it is supposed to do it--at least mine does, I'm glad to say.

I mention this only because once many years ago I bought two motherboards (Abit) from a supplier I wasn't familiar with and got two boards riddled with severe electrical problems that were so bad there was no possibility either board would ever run as advertised--or at all, actually. I have since decided the boards I was sold were unusable warranty returns which the guy pawned off on me. When I tried to contact the guy for redress--well, no surprise, he and his "store" cough were long gone with the wind. It was a good lesson for me.

Ironically, I bought the Master because of problems I had had with a x370 MSI board...;) Best of luck in seeing the resolution of all your problems soon!
strange enough, if i did not have hwinfo opened, i can finish the full window defender scan, no reboot, no whea error
Yes, that is indeed very strange...;) I never had any system reboots or whea errors, so maybe your problem is software-related moreso than heat-related. Heat-related problems for those drives were well documented and that is definitely the problem I had with the 960.

16661 - 16680 of 16986 Posts