Overclock.net banner
17421 - 17440 of 17643 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Not really sure what changed between F35c and F35b but I been using same settings for awhile now and on F35c I get non stop whea errors at 3800/1900. I am gonna flash back to b and see if whea errors are present

Edit: Back on F35B and no whea errors with same settings. Not sure what they did but my system doesn't like F35C.
Its because it messes vddg voltage.
It puts it to fixed 1V.
I cant lower it, neither raise it.

·
Old crazy guy
3,660 Posts
Running 3900x , x570 aorus master and I need to have DF cstate disabled to prevent event ID 41(power off,reboot on idle).
Try playing with Power Supply Idle Control set to Low/Typical/Auto.
Also setting APBDIS to P0 in AMD CBS\NBIO could help stabilize DF C-State.
But it's broken so it could be impossible to use.

For the Power Plan try those in my signature.
I did limited testing on my 3800x and they were fine.
Otherwise there should be always the AMD plan from the Chipset drivers.
Never been really good for me though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is it possible to load F34 profiles in F35d?
I tryied to install W11, fTPM & Secure Boot Enable. But got my first Blackl screen of death in thew W11 install, so it restored W10.
Might be that I need to update my BIOS to the latest beta.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I tryied to install W11, fTPM & Secure Boot Enable. But got my first Blackl screen of death in thew W11 install, so it restored W10.
Doesn't appear to work for me, likely have to redo most of your settings i've only seen profiles being able to be loaded between BIOS versions during the the same BETA releases.

Probably should stay away from Windows 11 until 6-9 months after release though.

·
Registered
236 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: iRX and Tantawi

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Glad Microsoft and AMD are aware. I was playing with dev builds of W11 on my machine and noticed that single thread performance was lower in apps like CB 20 and 23 as well as CPU-Z. Also, of course the L3 cache benchmarks in Aida64 was lower than expected. I'll probably wait to update until they fix those issues.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Glad Microsoft and AMD are aware. I was playing with dev builds of W11 on my machine and notices that single thread performance was lower in apps like CB 20 and 23 as well as CPU-Z. Also, of course the L3 cache benchmarks in Aida64 is lower than expected. I'll probably wait to update until they fix those issues.
They expect october so lets cross the fingers…
And also see if AMD releases new agesa version withoud voltages bug

• Rep+
Reactions: MikeS3000

·
Registered
26 Posts
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900x | Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 (1.2) | GPU: 1080ti | RAM: 32 gb E die balistics| Hard Drive: Samsung 980 PRO NVMe M.2 512

yo all, I just realized that my Samsung 980 pro on the M2A slot is running at gen 3 speeds.
I have an 1080ti and the 6 sata ports are populated with sata ssd´s in raid 0
Latest bios.

Whats going on?

Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Technology

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Check the manual. Populating all 6 SATA ports or certain other PCIe slots might make the second M.2 go into PCIe 3 speeds. X570 is X570, not Threadripper TRX40.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Check the manual. Populating all 6 SATA ports or certain other PCIe slots might make the second M.2 go into PCIe 3 speeds. X570 is X570, not Threadripper TRX40.
The 6 satas are integrated in chipset, while M2A in cpu

Font Number Document Screenshot Terrestrial plant

yo all, I just realized that my Samsung 980 pro on the M2A slot is running at gen 3 speeds.
Check your bios

·
Registered
26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Was up for Aorus Master a few days ago but F36d is up on official site for Aorus Elite and maybe other boards now.

1. Checksum: FEA1
  2. Update AGESA ComboV2 1.2.0.4 A
  3. Windows 11 support

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite Downloads

·
Registered
26 Posts
I cant
Product Rectangle Azure Font Screenshot

·
Registered
26 Posts
I remounted the nvme and problem solved. thx

• Rep+
Reactions: Dan Hot

·
Registered
164 Posts
I've had no problems upgrading from Win10 to Win11 with bios F34, but I'm not running the Oct 5 build release of Win11, either (see sig.) It may have helped that I was running all of the Win11 requirements under Win10 when I upgraded to 11. Now that you're back in Win10, trying running all of the Win11 requirements in your Win10 installation--you know, running the OS CSM disabled in UEFI mode, fTPM turned on, secure boot on, etc. Win10 has always supported them--just didn't require them. Then when Win10 boots, run MSinfo32 and verify that secureboot is on and you are running Windows in UEFI mode--and then give the Win11 upgrade a whirl. It might help to revert to F34 as well, as it's possible the beta bios is doing something Win11 doesn't like. I have a similar setup. Oh yes--the Windows Insider builds in the DEV channel are fairly advanced builds of Win11 compared to what was released to the masses on 10/5. They contain fixed bugs that may not be fixed in the 10/5 release, as well improved support for several other things, according to Microsoft--but they are betas and have their own problems. So far, though, I've had no showstoppers as of yet. Hope you get it worked out. I like it, myself--it'll be even better when the newer CPU drivers are released for latency improvements--but to tell the truth the difference is not something I've noticed outside of running benchmarks.

17421 - 17440 of 17643 Posts