Overclock.net banner
17461 - 17480 of 17643 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I tried, stopped testing @1.55V. My kit probbably won't do it.
Damn, my 3600mhz CL16-16-16-36 doing 4000mhz CL16-15-12-28 @ 1,47v.
But first time I've notis that my fclk got unstable in the BF2042 beta.
So now im running 3733mhzCL14 because my motherboard wont boot at 3800mhz. :/

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hmm. win11 and F35d with Aorus Master makes my audio sparkling some.
Not clear audio so to speak. Can it be the D version or windows 11?
Maybe its the bloody Win11

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hmm. win11 and F35d with Aorus Master makes my audio sparkling some.
Not clear audio so to speak. Can it be the D version or windows 11?
Maybe its the bloody Win11
" sparkling" ? like distortions and clipping ?

You might have the incorrect VDDG voltages, I know prime95 + youtube takes about 15mins for audio to clip / distort with IF overclock if you're not 100% stable

You either play with VDDG , drop IF/MEM frequency or go back to older bios

·
Registered
236 Posts

You might have the incorrect VDDG voltages, I know prime95 + youtube takes about 15mins for audio to clip / distort with IF overclock if you're not 100% stable

That Bios messes VDDG voltage and put it to fixed 1.0V.
It has been said several times.
Avoid it at all cost unless 1v was your previously stable settings on VDDG

·
Premium Member
6,445 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: Maulet//*//

·
Stuck in the past
1,149 Posts
Hi,

Asus Motherboard user for years but I am jumping ships. I will be coming from the crosshair VII 470 board. I think I made the right decision on buying the gigabyte x570 aorus master.as my next upgrade path. It will be here Friday.

Anyone recommend the bios for the 2700X as of course bios notes are always pretty sparse, yeah I know....it is the next upgrade.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Anyone recommend the bios for the 2700X as of course bios notes are always pretty sparse, yeah I know....it is the next upgrade.
I'm not sure on Zen+... for Zen2 some users prefer F11, but that is going to be an ancient version of AGESA at this point. You can always use the DualBIOS function to run different versions / toggle them via the switches for testing.

·
Mentally Insane User
591 Posts
I'm not sure on Zen+... for Zen2 some users prefer F11, but that is going to be an ancient version of AGESA at this point. You can always use the DualBIOS function to run different versions / toggle them via the switches for testing.
I'm on Zen 2 (3700X) and I am on bios 35b and running 3800MHz/1900MHz IF, no issues. I didn't bother updating to the newest one since they supposedly messed with voltages.

·
Stuck in the past
1,149 Posts
Thanks y'all I guess I will see what happens.

·
Old crazy guy
3,660 Posts
Thanks y'all I guess I will see what happens.
Try this one, F12A:

Don't expect much from the Master and a 2700X. Gigabyte support for Zen is extremely poor.
It's going to run much worse than it was on the Crosshair.
But you next CPU will run much better :)

·
Registered
244 Posts

It was the F35D bios. Dont use that as Alonso wrote

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi all Would like to know if its ok to install amd_chipset_software_3.09.01.140 ? any problems

thanks
Yeah it works, np for me.

·
Registered
244 Posts
People that wanna try F35D dont do that, that Bios is bugged and doesnt work as intended.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey, i see some people talking about popping/cracking sound and usb issues. I have a paricular interesting case where my FLCK 1900 5950x overclock has been stable and in full use for 6 months, but due to a change in my work schedule i can now sleep my computer during night time rather then having it powered on 24/7 doing rendering work.

I discovered that once i sleep my computer for a extended period of time, lets say 1 hour+, then resume it from sleep i suddenly get popping noises in the sound, usb seems to lag like crazy and event logger is filled with whea errors.

if i reboot the computer all is back to normal, zero whea. In the past 6 months that i have been used the computer (but not put it to sleep) i have had zero whea error or issues so the overclock is 100% stable but for whatever reason issues occur when i sleep / resume the machine.

I have a gigabyte auros xtreme motherboard with F34 bios. I have 3x GEN4 ssds installed, 4x16gb ram and a 3090 gpu. My progress in troubleshooting this problem is here: Long time stable overclock, just discovered WHEA Errors...

If you have any ideas on what i can try next to resolve this i'm all ears, i am currently trying without global c-states.

17461 - 17480 of 17643 Posts