Overclock.net banner
18701 - 18720 of 18785 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
It is a E6 definitely and with the little research I did, it is CPU related. Unfortunately none of the above is relevant as everything was working fine and didnt even touch it except from the usual windows and occasional driver updates. Thankfully havent had any more of these since my initial post
If you know it is CPU related and you continue to notice problems, you can try re-seating it into the socket, something is going bad if this doesn't help, we can't however know it is the CPU as you mentioned that it froze for you on code AA, which is not even an error code. These problems are super difficult to debug, good luck.

·
Mentally Insane User
699 Posts
is not only amd fault , is in a big proportion also gigabyte fault , asus and msi are already on agesa 1207 , since the ransomware attack last year aorus bios development , slowed down considerably
I agree what ever happened. They did used to be pumping out bios' all the time, mostly beta ones but that has since stopped for a few months now.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey guys, which bios can do over 1900mhz fclk without WHEA's?

I am on F35B x570 aorus master rev 1.1 (i believe is agesa 1.2.0.3b) and noticed i can boot 1933/1966/2000 flck without problems except of constant whea's. It will probably even boot over 2000mhz but didn't try it.
I know it's not ram related because i've played half a day yesterday trying to eliminate whea's at 1933mhz (which is very close to 1900mhz that gets me 0 whea's with the PC uptime close to a full month in my experience) and did also run karhu ram tests to confirm i get 0 ram errors with at least 2000% coverage (takes 2 hours to this coverage).

I've read lots and tried all sort of combinations of Vsoc, VDDP, VDDG IOD and CCD and all of them will run into whea's as soon as some load is put, even on non-ram related benchmarks like CB20.

I've also read that AMD basically sabotaged overclocking anything over 1900mhz with some "performance targets" in the AGESA, and that's probably why nothing works without giving errors so i wonder which one i should use. BTW it's on a 5950x so dual CCD, and micron rev B 2x32gb dual rank for reference.

EDIT: What is the broken VDDG issue you are all talking about? On F35B at least the option is available but you have to apply it manually from the AMD overclocking menu instead from the Gigabyte's option and that way you can also set separate IOD and CCD VDDG voltages

·
Registered
465 Posts
EDIT: What is the broken VDDG issue you are all talking about? On F35B at least the option is available but you have to apply it manually from the AMD overclocking menu instead from the Gigabyte's option and that way you can also set separate IOD and CCD VDDG voltages
At some point in the F35 betas they moved to a new AGESA and that broke VDDG. It hasn't worked on any release since... the only way to set it at that point is via Ryzen Master.

·
Registered
74 Posts

I am on F35B x570 aorus master rev 1.1 (i believe is agesa 1.2.0.3b) and noticed i can boot 1933/1966/2000 flck without problems except of constant whea's. It will probably even boot over 2000mhz but didn't try it.
I know it's not ram related because i've played half a day yesterday trying to eliminate whea's at 1933mhz (which is very close to 1900mhz that gets me 0 whea's with the PC uptime close to a full month in my experience) and did also run karhu ram tests to confirm i get 0 ram errors with at least 2000% coverage (takes 2 hours to this coverage).

I've read lots and tried all sort of combinations of Vsoc, VDDP, VDDG IOD and CCD and all of them will run into whea's as soon as some load is put, even on non-ram related benchmarks like CB20.

I've also read that AMD basically sabotaged overclocking anything over 1900mhz with some "performance targets" in the AGESA, and that's probably why nothing works without giving errors so i wonder which one i should use. BTW it's on a 5950x so dual CCD, and micron rev B 2x32gb dual rank for reference.

F35c or F34, those are the last BIOSes without VDDG/VDDP bug.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts

FCLK and WHEA is very much cpu dependent. It works without WHEA it works. No amount of AGESA can change things.

·
Registered
923 Posts
FCLK and WHEA is very much cpu dependent. It works without WHEA it works. No amount of AGESA can change things.
whea 19 warnings on my side(master rev1) only show when using the onboard Intel nic, so not cpu

If you're thinking it's the pcie 2.0 x1 lane from the cpu (5900x) at fault, it's not as that it's still active with the nic enabled and ethernet cable unpluged

I never really played with any voltages but performance drop happens around 2066-2100 IF.

·
Registered
121 Posts
the information out there says otherwise..you can prove this just by changing a single voltage changes the frequency of whea errors. And there are parameters locked behind the AGESA that's why it's important to know which version is the one that is more optimal for this kind of overclocking

whea 19 warnings on my side(master rev1) only show when using the onboard Intel nic, so not cpu

If you're thinking it's the pcie 2.0 x1 lane from the cpu (5900x) at fault, it's not as that it's still active with the nic enabled and ethernet cable unpluged

I never really played with any voltages but performance drop happens around 2066-2100 IF.
i've seen some people report this with success and my observation is that if you are using ethernet on the intel nic you can increase stability by switching to the realtek one. If you are not using ethernet at all it seems there is no effect between disabling the adapters or not.

Anyways..is there is anyone on here with x570 aorus master with 5900x or 5950x b0 stepping and fully stable flck over 1900mhz? Tell me your bios version and i will try it out.

·
Premium Member
6,914 Posts

But the data from the Intel NIC goes over that PCIe x1 lane when in use, and that transfers over to the CPU SerDes links via Infinity Fabric. So it makes sense that errors could pop up when you use more stuff over the IF

·
Registered
923 Posts
But the data from the Intel NIC goes over that PCIe x1 lane when in use, and that transfers over to the CPU SerDes links via Infinity Fabric. So it makes sense that errors could pop up when you use more stuff over the IF
That Intel 1gbps pice 2.0 x1 lane is nothing in terms of IF load. core to core IF with CO is the most demanding so that passes y-cruncher all core(option 7) for 2000IF for 4h+ so I'm not worried

That Intel i211 generates too much noise for stable IF or it's a very bad solder job on the mobo.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
the information out there says otherwise..you can prove this just by changing a single voltage changes the frequency of whea errors. And there are parameters locked behind the AGESA that's why it's important to know which version is the one that is more optimal for this kind of overclocking

i've seen some people report this with success and my observation is that if you are using ethernet on the intel nic you can increase stability by switching to the realtek one. If you are not using ethernet at all it seems there is no effect between disabling the adapters or not.

Anyways..is there is anyone on here with x570 aorus master with 5900x or 5950x b0 stepping and fully stable flck over 1900mhz? Tell me your bios version and i will try it out.
IMO there is nothing you can do if you run into Whea at a given FCLK. System may not log whea for a time, but it always comes back.

Whilst if you can run WHEA free on the go, you pretty much 100% free for life.
I troved dozens and hundreds of forum topics, and no one has beaten WHEA on their attempt to push FCLK higher than their WHEA free range.

FCLK OC is dead-on set at a range. It does not appear to work like normal core clocks where you can pump voltages and LN2.

·
Registered
121 Posts
IMO there is nothing you can do if you run into Whea at a given FCLK. System may not log whea for a time, but it always comes back.

Whilst if you can run WHEA free on the go, you pretty much 100% free for life.
I troved dozens and hundreds of forum topics, and no one has beaten WHEA on their attempt to push FCLK higher than their WHEA free range.

FCLK OC is dead-on set at a range. It does not appear to work like normal core clocks where you can pump voltages and LN2.
Thanks, i'll keep testing. Some say it could be RAM related but i don't think so at least in my case due to my previous test.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Gigabyte released F36c (still beta) 1.2.0.7 for the X570 Aorus Pro and maybe other moterboards to.

Changelog:
  1. Checksum : A9CC
  2. Update AMD AGESA V2 1.2.0.7

·
Registered
399 Posts
Gigabyte released F36c (still beta) 1.2.0.7 for the X570 Aorus Pro and maybe other moterboards to.

Changelog:
  1. Checksum : A9CC
  2. Update AMD AGESA V2 1.2.0.7
Seems I can also download f36c for ultra. Where did you find the changelog?

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Updated from F34 to F36e for its major security fixes.

VDDG VDDP works as you set in bios and it sticks.

There is a killer TDC bug which caps it at 145A!

EDC and PPT works but with TDC capped, we lose about 125mhz of boost clocks, while PPT burns away. Equates to 500 CBr23 MT pts.

There is no +500 boost clock override, not that it does anything.

There is now a negative boost clock override, but why?

There is per CCD VDDG settings in Amd overclocking, but it is missing the input fields, yeah Betabytes.

F36e does nothing more for FCLK overclocking over F34.

The per CCX manual clocks causing DRAM voltage to stuck at 1.2v bug still present

·
Registered
121 Posts
X570 Aorus master rev 1.1 here, F35b (Agesa 1.2.0.3b), 5950x, crucial ballistix 2x32gb micron 16gb rev B 3600c16 kit. I've been running 1900mhz 1:1:1 getting 61.7ns latency on just auto timings and 1.35v, 1T, GDM enabled with over 10000% karhu coverage. I finally decided to tighten the timings since now there is more info on this die. Big story short basically even with loose timings Geardown mode disabled (at least at 3800mhz, didn't try lower frequency) will not boot at all, or get stuck at the post screen. I thought it only rounded timings but it seems it does more things. Why is that and what do you recommend on doing?

here are the auto loose timings that have been running stably for ages as reference:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Technology

18701 - 18720 of 18785 Posts