Overclock.net banner
18721 - 18740 of 18785 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Waiting on some more AGESA V2 1.2.0.7 opinions before I update, would appreciate if someone quotes me when someone does some deeper analysis. I've seen the one above but I wanna get a feeler if it's having the same effect on everyone's builds :) .

·
Registered
224 Posts
Waiting on some more AGESA V2 1.2.0.7 opinions before I update, would appreciate if someone quotes me when someone does some deeper analysis. I've seen the one above but I wanna get a feeler if it's having the same effect on everyone's builds :) .
Working fine here....Glad to be off of F36c.

• Rep+
Reactions: catpls

·
Registered
288 Posts
CCD and IOD can be set independently again. Make sure to use AMD Overclocking menu.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Parallel

• Rep+
Reactions: Blameless

·
Registered
80 Posts
Interesting, I most likely will not do anything as the RAM seems to work well, although it would be interesting to know what caused this and why. If I pay for the program and fix it, the problem may appear again as we don't know what causes it, I'm still not sure if this is not some reading error and the sticks are actually fine internally.:unsure:

In my case, it can't even be RGB software that causes it as I got this ram specifically because it has no RGB and still excellent quality (On Linux, ram RGB cannot easily be controlled and I didn't want flashing lights in my bedroom at night).

Let me know if you decide to fix your ram and it remains without CRC errors.
@rob-tech , just got rid of the CRC Error on all my 4 sticks with licensed Thaiphoon Burner

Was pretty straight forward with 3 clicks and done ;)
No CRC error anymore and now field "Supply Voltage" is well populated and the Part-Number is also now showing the right number with "W" instead of corrupted with "?".
I did contacted Teamgroup about it and they wanted me to send back both kits to Taiwan to be reflashed at one-way shipping cost, so decided to go with Thaiphoon solution.
Computer Font Screenshot Software Rectangle

·
Registered
465 Posts
There is a killer TDC bug which caps it at 145A!

EDC and PPT works but with TDC capped, we lose about 125mhz of boost clocks, while PPT burns away. Equates to 500 CBr23 MT pts.
So EDC is allowing 140A+ @ 1.5V? I was under the impression from other boards (ASUS/MSI/etc.) that it was EDC that was getting capped in later AGESA.

Do you have Curve Optimizer set/is that still working correctly?

·
Registered
80 Posts
@rob-tech , just got rid of the CRC Error on all my 4 sticks with licensed Thaiphoon Burner

Was pretty straight forward with 3 clicks and done ;)
No CRC error anymore and now field "Supply Voltage" is well populated and the Part-Number is also now showing the right number with "W" instead of corrupted with "?".
I did contacted Teamgroup about it and they wanted me to send back both kits to Taiwan to be reflashed at one-way shipping cost, so decided to go with Thaiphoon solution.
View attachment 2560603
This is good to hear, I will repair my ram with Thaiphoon as well in this case, G-Skill also told me to RMA the ram.

The million dollar question is how did the ram get corrupted and will it happen to us again? I will repair it after upgrading to the new F36c and the 5950x B2 in case this is some bios issue causing it.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So EDC is allowing 140A+ @ 1.5V? I was under the impression from other boards (ASUS/MSI/etc.) that it was EDC that was getting capped in later AGESA.

Do you have Curve Optimizer set/is that still working correctly?
I do not know the 1.5v as i was looking out for all cores results. All cores is clearly capped at 145A afaics.

EDC is still going to max whatever values i set in both version. PPT is still hitting high values but slightly lower than F34. It is the TDC that i saw a clear loss in values between 2 versions

I do believe the CO still works, because without CO, the allcores would stayed below 4GHZ, which they did not.

I may want to flash back to F34 because even the security fixes are not needed as it needs local acccess to hack it

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is good to hear, I will repair my ram with Thaiphoon as well in this case, G-Skill also told me to RMA the ram.

The million dollar question is how did the ram get corrupted and will it happen to us again? I will repair it after upgrading to the new F36c and the 5950x B2 in case this is some bios issue causing it.
I think found the culpitre on my case.
CRC error was gone and it did reappeared again 😖
I corrected the SPD again and stopped the RGBFusion to load at startup. And until now CRC is still ok.
I will keep it like that for some days and check from time to time if still ok. Then I will reload RGBFusion and see what happen.

Ps; looking also to upgrade to 5950x but hard to find b2 stepping.

·
Iconoclast
32,312 Posts
There is now a negative boost clock override, but why?
So boost can be capped to below stock. This can reduce power consumption/temps and occasionally improve performance where limiting peak boost allows for more agressive negative CO values.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
So boost can be capped to below stock. This can reduce power consumption/temps and occasionally improve performance where limiting peak boost allows for more agressive negative CO values.
I agree this makes sense to give some control on overboost.

That being said F36e is not good if you seek maximum performance, there is a capped TDC, capped 1.425v VID, which i have a feeling is because of the new x3D SKU, and Amd as usual carelessly overwrites all SKU before it.

·
Registered
399 Posts
oof. Im ready to flash the new bios, and I hope i can restore the settings.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I think found the culpitre on my case.
CRC error was gone and it did reappeared again 😖
I corrected the SPD again and stopped the RGBFusion to load at startup. And until now CRC is still ok.
I will keep it like that for some days and check from time to time if still ok. Then I will reload RGBFusion and see what happen.

Ps; looking also to upgrade to 5950x but hard to find b2 stepping.
Thank you, I went through with the process as you said with licensed Thaiphoon and was able to fix my 4 sticks and now CRC is OK, I also fired up Gigabyte RGBFusion to test my motherboard lights a while ago and if this is the cause it seems like a major problem and probably everyone has corrupt SPD without knowing about it. I currently have RGBFusion uninstalled and the CRC is still OK after repair, but will keep an eye on it and test in the near future. When you use RGBFusion, do you have other software such as temperature of hardware monitoring running that could conflict with the program? I also noticed that there is a new RGBFusion version available from April 14th so you may want to upgrade to that and check it out if you have an older one.

It may also be worth reaching out to Gigabyte and opening a support ticket as this seems like an irresponsible and dangerous bug. I always considered RGB to be poorly implemented on all motherboards and ultimately a useless gimmick that is buggy at best and dangerous at worst.:mad:

I'm also on the new F36c BIOS with AGESA 1.2.0.7 and that is working perfectly, boot times are also noticeably faster for me from the time I press the power button to the BIOS splash screen showing, therefore this is a great release. In about 1 week max, I will know if the fTPM stutter has been fixed.

Regarding the 5950x B2, you should be able to get one no problem from a major retailer if you are in France. Here in Canada, retailers like Newegg have about a 3 month lag time from production date to latest inventory when you order and since the B2 has been produced since about the 1st week of 2022 or slightly earlier, I am almost guaranteed to get one if I order now (just to be sure, I will order 1st week of June, maybe the price will come down more).

·
Registered
412 Posts
So impressed with the Ryzen 5 5600. My local micro Center has them on sale for $150. I upgraded my father-in-law's x570 Aorus Elite Wi-Fi from a 3600x. Upgraded to bios f37c and no problems. I tuned his hynix DJR ram to 3800 mhz cl16, enabled PBO and motherboard limits and +200 boost. So far it's completely stable and boosts to 4650 mhz without breaking a sweat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, not a bios question, but you guys are probably the most knowledgeable people I can think to ask. Does anyone know how I can get Bluetooth headphones that support LDAC and APTX LL to use that codec, is there an Intel driver, I have tried the Dell one floating about but it doesn't work. Any suggestions, or do I have to buy a third party USB transmitter?

18721 - 18740 of 18785 Posts