Overclock.net banner
19201 - 19220 of 19338 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
I have the Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 and just ran the ATTO disk bench mark on my Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB and am getting crazy high benchmark results - is this normal?

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Slope

· Registered
6 Posts
So just adding on from my last post.

On the 3700X with F34 bios all is well with XMP enabled. With F37D, it bluescreens no matter what until i manually configure the (3200mhz g.skill) ram down to 2866.

Received 5800X3D today, pulled out the 3700X and installed it. F37D now works completely fine with default XMP settings...

I spent a week trying multiple different config settings (would have rebooted hundreds of times) and multiple bios' trying to get the 3700X to work with F37D. I applied any advice from this thread, checked zentimings, applied manual timings etc and all the other tidbits from here - none of it made any difference in making the system stable on F37D besides lowering clock. F34 with XMP enabled and everything worked fine however.

Really not sure what to make of the fact that the 5800X3D just works flawlessly out of the gate on F37D (and i've stress tested as well) - but I'll take it.

· Registered
2,150 Posts
So just adding on from my last post.

On the 3700X with F34 bios all is well with XMP enabled. With F37D, it bluescreens no matter what until i manually configure the (3200mhz g.skill) ram down to 2866.

Received 5800X3D today, pulled out the 3700X and installed it. F37D now works completely fine with default XMP settings...

I spent a week trying multiple different config settings (would have rebooted hundreds of times) and multiple bios' trying to get the 3700X to work with F37D. I applied any advice from this thread, checked zentimings, applied manual timings etc and all the other tidbits from here - none of it made any difference in making the system stable on F37D besides lowering clock. F34 with XMP enabled and everything worked fine however.

Really not sure what to make of the fact that the 5800X3D just works flawlessly out of the gate on F37D (and i've stress tested as well) - but I'll take it.
Different Optimizations for the CPU's I guess. Often has happened older BIOS are better for older generation CPU's while new recent CPU's work better on the latest versions.
As they optimize for the newest stuff they might break optimizations for the older processors.

· Registered
68 Posts
Do any of the x570 owners here have any issues with the pch fan? I just found out the hard way when I bought a big chungus of a gpu which now completely covers the pch fan. Every time I game the fan ramps to 2100rpm after a 15min of gameplay. The temp goes to 78°C. Is there a fix for this ****?!

· Mentally Insane User
912 Posts
Do any of the x570 owners here have any issues with the pch fan? I just found out the hard way when I bought a big chungus of a gpu which now completely covers the pch fan. Every time I game the fan ramps to 2100rpm after a 15min of gameplay. The temp goes to 78°C. Is there a fix for this ****?!
I have mine set to the silent profile and I never hear it. But I have the GPU fans a bit turned up while I game, not crazy loud or anything but I can hear them if I was concentrating on them which I don't while I game so I wouldn't even know if the chipset fan noise goes up.

· Registered
68 Posts
I have mine set to the silent profile and I never hear it. But I have the GPU fans a bit turned up while I game, not crazy loud or anything but I can hear them if I was concentrating on them which I don't while I game so I wouldn't even know if the chipset fan noise goes up.
Also have it set on silent but it doesn't help since it goes off due to high temps. I previously had a 2 slot gpu that just barely covered the chipset fan and had no issues while the current gpu is a 3 slot and it fully covers it. The whole pc is almost silent and then this thing goes off... :mad:

· Registered
254 Posts
Ram can be finicky, as I discovered for myself. Likely, your 5800X3d (I want to buy one myself!--can't find one now...;)) simply supports your ram better than the older 3700X. Also, I wonder if the ram support with the 3700XT is any better with non-beta bios (F36?) and your ram. But all of that is a moot point now...glad it's working to your satisfaction. OTOH, I've had no problems in recent memory with my ram running at 3733MHz, XMP. (See SIG) So sometimes it's a crap shoot between differing mboards, ram, and bios versions, etc.

· Registered
254 Posts
If you can't move the GPU, can you reposition the fan? Just a thought. Or like 99belle99 suggests, can you lower/tinker with the fan profile?

· Registered
68 Posts
If you can't move the GPU, can you reposition the fan? Just a thought. Or like 99belle99 suggests, can you lower/tinker with the fan profile?

I'm talking about the chipset fan. 3 slot cards completely block the fan and then the gpu gets hot and all that hot air then gets sucked into the fan.
If i move it down the other slot how much am I losing in terms of the performance?

· Registered
3 Posts
I'm talking about the chipset fan. 3 slot cards completely block the fan and then the gpu gets hot and all that hot air then gets sucked into the fan. If i move it down the other slot how much am I losing in terms of the performance?
Maybe try a custom fan curve with Fan Control. I have most of my fans controlled by the GPU temperature and it works great.

· Registered
2,150 Posts
I only had any potential temperature to note on my X570 chipset when I added a second M.2 NVME gen.4 drive to the chipset interconnects.
I already had a gen.3 m.2 NVME prior and had no notable concern with regard to temperatures but when I added the gen.4 drive temperatures went up about more than 10 Degrees, more like 15C+.

I have the X570 Xtreme and temperatures now reach 66C-70C on my chipset. I have a hard time recalling it being much above 50C before I added a gen.4 drive.
Though this motherboard does not use a fan.

Not seen it be and issue running 70C but it's worth to make a note on what a gen.4 NVME can do to chipset temperatures if you connect it through the chipset connections.

• Rep+
Reactions: khaledmohi

· Registered
221 Posts
I guess the 5000 series just have a better memory controller. My ESXi server with 4x16GB DIMMS really had issues to be stable at 3600Mhz with a 3900x, but works absolutely fine with a 5950x.
And that is on a REV 1.0 Aorus Master which is not really known for having a great memory topology ;-)

· Registered
68 Posts
Maybe try a custom fan curve with Fan Control. I have most of my fans controlled by the GPU temperature and it works great.

Does this allow PCH fan control? Because in bios it's locked you can only change the profiles - silent, balanced, performance

· Registered
11 Posts
Also have it set on silent but it doesn't help since it goes off due to high temps. I previously had a 2 slot gpu that just barely covered the chipset fan and had no issues while the current gpu is a 3 slot and it fully covers it. The whole pc is almost silent and then this thing goes off... :mad:
You can drop > 10°C by removing the subpar thermal pad and use a good paste on the chipset heatsink if you haven't already and also remove the god damn sticker that's over it xD
I also just swapped the GPU and it's completely covering the fan, the chipset temp never goes above 55°C. I don't have any pcie4 devices except the GPU though so that might be a factor.

· Registered
993 Posts
You'll have to take the mobo backplate and pch heatsink off and remove/clean the garbage pad, use paste.

It won't ever spin the fan with silent profile and good paste.

· Registered
68 Posts
You can drop > 10°C by removing the subpar thermal pad and use a good paste on the chipset heatsink if you haven't already and also remove the god damn sticker that's over it xD
I also just swapped the GPU and it's completely covering the fan, the chipset temp never goes above 55°C. I don't have any pcie4 devices except the GPU though so that might be a factor.
What kind of a case do you have? I just did an experiment. Opened my side panel for 1h and the temps dropped by almost 10°C.
Font Number Screenshot

The case i'm using is an NZXT h500 - poor airflow all around. Seems like i'd be better of replacing it. My gpu's also been idling at 57-58°C

· Registered
13 Posts
What kind of a case do you have? I just did an experiment. Opened my side panel for 1h and the temps dropped by almost 10°C.
View attachment 2586454
The case i'm using is an NZXT h500 - poor airflow all around. Seems like i'd be better of replacing it. My gpu's also been idling at 57-58°C
The app mentioned earlier, Fan Control can be used to control PCH at least on my X570 Pro Wi-Fi but I dumped it due to other fan control options or lack of on peripherals. It's an option or adjust the fan in BIOS is all I have with what you are working with at the moment. As the case in use sucks for airflow, I would suggest going to a new case that supports vertical mount of the GPU if you can afford as last suggestion.

· Registered
58 Posts
View attachment 2586454
I do have Fractal Torrent Compact and its is great for airflow. You can also watter cool it but I will be tight IMO

19201 - 19220 of 19338 Posts