Overclock.net banner

701 - 720 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The Xtreme comes with 2 temperature probes/cables. You can use one with a stick of tape to measure your RAM if you don't have a temp sensor built-in on the memory itself.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Yes, GPU can blow out ton of hot air, and you really need good airflow overall to cope with it. I have no idea about 3090 and blocks for it. As it is relative new, hope it will be produced so you can solve that temp problem. Backplate of GPU (hell I do not even know design of 3090 as I did not have interest for GPU upgrade at this moment, maybe later in 2021, so I can only speak from my 1080TI Aorus perspective :D ) can radiate much heat to RAM if it is near and if get very hot.

So, you can try maybe aircooler for RAM, if you have space for it (I don't know what CPU cooler you use). Cooler is always better.

16GB dual rank sticks are harder to OC sure, but I don't know if latency have to be worse sole for reason it is 16GB sticks. I guess, as you have issues with 1900FLCK, that it is all current bad BIOS issue. It may happen that you get better latency when things get properly patched and optimised.

There is some Zen3 RAM OC results :

But I also read other threads and I'm sure I seen good latency on 16GB sticks (32GB total), I mean closer to 50ns. It may be many factors, I'm new to AMD (ordering parts at this moment) so I still have no direct expirience and I don't know better than this. Maybe best wait for BIOS updates and than try get most out of RAM.
I had Gigabyte 1080ti waterforce in old build but sold it a complete unit. So this build all is new and the 3090 i have for 1 week, had 3080 before also air.... Yes the waterblock should be coming in like 2 week i hope ass to new. So you can see what parts i used for my build in showcase..

new

old

for Bios yes to many problem but its all over boards and not gigabyte only problems. So next update should fix a few things i hope. So i got a lot air blow in and out from the radiators, so after no more heat from gpu.

·
Registered
168 Posts
new BIOS F31i is out... so later i will test a little

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
For me the F31i & F31h have no difference on 3800X. Both seem functionally the same.

·
Registered
168 Posts
sound problems did fade away kind a, did not here it from a test now.. whea error not still there...

so i can tell now new Ram is very good I did use CL14 3600 setting for 3800 1:1 did give 1.5volts and 1050 for VDDG and rest

·
Registered
168 Posts
and 1 more crazy test... it runs CL14 on 3866 also... did play with it 10 minutes and C23 10 minutes so far no problem other then the WHEA Errors that bios makes

·
Registered
168 Posts
yes CL14 tight settings that work on 3600 goes up to 3866...thats crazy what the ram makes. did you see 53.9ns and the speed is faster then your guys showed

·
Registered
168 Posts
so when the bios will be ready and the erros go away i think you can optimise it. But there stops my knowing, i am happy with what i see so far the ram is very good, so its worth the premium.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
@X570-3900X-DE Have you tried using lower VDDG_CCD? 1000mv-1050mv for me gives issues overall on my 3800X.
It likes values lower or you can push it way above if you want but usually hasn't been good.
For me I need to stay in the 950 to 1000mv range to avoid issues.

·
Registered
168 Posts
yes its on 1050. i did just make a quick test as hard to tell on the ram as it take more anyways then others. its stable no issues just the error that come from bios, i even get them at stock xmp. Also volts is on 1.5volts for 3800 and more i did use this.

·
Registered
168 Posts
So this Ram is hard to compare with others. I do not get the right settings in Ryzen memory calculator as it not in the database as to new. For sure its never showing CL14 at 3866 so i did try to see and was lucky, higher i get a crash but yes was clear with this setting.

for the settings you see I did put
1.5volt
1100 SOC volt
1050 VDDP
1050 VDDC CCd
1050 VDDC IOD

and the rest you should see, I think its not the same if it would be runing with a 3000 series CPU. So i was lucky as no one would even try CL14-14-14-28 at 3866 1:1, i did use 1.5 volts as 1.45 is base

I did get this setting for 3600 and i use them at 3866 so i hope you understand what i was explaining or well try to.

here you see what i should use for 3866

·
Registered
251 Posts
So this Ram is hard to compare with others. I do not get the right settings in Ryzen memory calculator as it not in the database as to new. For sure its never showing CL14 at 3866 so i did try to see and was lucky, higher i get a crash but yes was clear with this setting.

for the settings you see I did put
1.5volt
1100 SOC volt
1050 VDDP
1050 VDDC CCd
1050 VDDC IOD

and the rest you should see, I think its not the same if it would be runing with a 3000 series CPU. So i was lucky as no one would even try CL14-14-14-28 at 3866 1:1, i did use 1.5 volts as 1.45 is base

I did get this setting for 3600 and i use them at 3866 so i hope you understand what i was explaining or well try to.

Did I understand you well.. can you run stable 3866 14-14-14 1.5V?

·
Registered
251 Posts
yes no issue other then the errors that come from bios that every body has now... I did game in ultra settings, a few C23 runs, a few Aida64 test all ok.

Great. I'm glad you get nice and stable results. Remember, what info I catch so far, is that FLCK up to 1966 should be safe regarding any issues. Maybe with BIOSes later, it will be easier to get. However already 3866 14-14-14 is good and will for sure provide you nice boost in games, especially in fps minimums. And there should be no problem to run it at 1.5V for B-Die. Pay attention of course if your RAM get hotter than 50C. Do aircooling on it if needed.

I'm also happy for that RAM kit, as I ordered same. But, well, it is B-Die after all, new release, so why we would expect anything less. Thats why we get such RAM. But it is nice to see all primary timings was able to go to 14 without problem, while OCing frequency at same time.

It will took me some time to get new PC build working, as all parts are now just in order or preorder state. But I will provide you all details how my OC will work when I get it working. It also depends how lucky I will get with my RAM kit. Provided I will watercool it with custom loop, and probably go little more than 1.5V, I hope for good results also. I will be using Asus DARK Hero, new motherboard, soon released I hope. How much lower temps will also help, it is yet to be seen, but I will provide all details on overclocking. And in time I get it working, probably there will be even more fresh BIOS updates and patches. I belive we will have good time with it :cool:

I belive you made perfect choice with RAM kit decision. Not sure is 3800 14-16-16 is actually better binned. With that kit, you may probably not push all 14-14-14 (on that voltage). I did also choose kit as yours, for reason, after consulting with few good overclockers.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great. I'm glad you get nice and stable results. Remember, what info I catch so far, is that FLCK up to 1966 should be safe regarding any issues. Maybe with BIOSes later, it will be easier to get. However already 3866 14-14-14 is good and will for sure provide you nice boost in games, especially in fps minimums. And there should be no problem to run it at 1.5V for B-Die. Pay attention of course if your RAM get hotter than 50C. Do aircooling on it if needed.

I'm also happy for that RAM kit, as I ordered same. But, well, it is B-Die after all, new release, so why we would expect anything less. Thats why we get such RAM. But it is nice to see all primary timings was able to go to 14 without problem, while OCing frequency at same time.

It will took me some time to get new PC build working, as all parts are now just in order or preorder state. But I will provide you all details how my OC will work when I get it working. It also depends how lucky I will get with my RAM kit. Provided I will watercool it with custom loop, and probably go little more than 1.5V, I hope for good results also. I will be using Asus DARK Hero, new motherboard, soon released I hope. How much lower temps will also help, it is yet to be seen, but I will provide all details on overclocking. And in time I get it working, probably there will be even more fresh BIOS updates and patches. I belive we will have good time with it :cool:

I belive you made perfect choice with RAM kit decision. Not sure is 3800 14-16-16 is actually better binned. With that kit, you may probably not push all 14-14-14 (on that voltage). I did also choose kit as yours, for reason, after consulting with few good overclockers.
I was also not so sure if 3800CL14 is a better kit, well 3600CL14 was the first kit i could get so i did take it right away... well no stock at the moment anyways... for parts I understand i did also start 3 month ago to order. And GPU and CPU was most hassle. For the Board I also had a lot luck to even get the Gigabyte again as a friend help me with. Yeah so small stuff i want to add later like 2tb SSD 980 pro also not out yet. You could ask your guys if the results are very good that i made. Funny was that other Kit Samsung 3600CL16 b.die did not do OC at all with 5900x. So happy that i could show a little that the Kit is nice, also happy i did buy it. Well you never know maybe I test the 3800CL14 one also :D but its like 60-70Euro more and no stock. For bios new stuff will come and i hope CRT will be ready for ryzen also soon, so i had very good gains with 3900x so it was optimising it. you can see a few post back from me the results with old build

701 - 720 of 841 Posts