Overclock.net banner

721 - 740 of 841 Posts

·
Registered
5900X - X570 Aorus Xtreme - 32 GB 3.200 - 1080Ti FTW3
2 Posts

Since F31k my WHEA Errors are gone.
With the previous Version I had Processor Errors, when my Memory was at 3.600 MHz. With XMP at 3.200 MHz no Problems.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since F31k my WHEA Errors are gone.
With the previous Version I had Processor Errors, when my Memory was at 3.600 MHz. With XMP at 3.200 MHz no Problems.
Create a signature or state your CPU.
Lack of WHEA errors in hwinfo does not mean stable.

later edit:
were you even trying?

·
Registered
168 Posts
my 5900x at 1933 is not happy with I or K all have errors, well i can game in 31k just 1 crash now, yesterday gaming with 31i non. So the error are still there and on 31K even more

·
Registered
17 Posts
EDIT: was able to answer most of my own questions but I can't delete the post / will just leave it up, I am still unclear on (4) and (5) though.

Just updated my BIOS to the most recent version (F31h as of this moment) and have to redo a lot of my old settings:

1. Where do I find the whole uclock=mclock memory setting to ensure the infinity fabric setting stays in 1:1 ratio? (edit: AMD CBS -> NBIO Common Options -> XFR Enhancement -> UCLK DIV1 MODE)

2. Where do I adjust infinity fabric frequency? Settings -> AMD Overclocking -> DDR and Infinity Fabric Frequency/Timings -> Infinity Fabric Frequency and Dividers? (edit: AMD CBS -> NBIO Common Options -> XFR Enhancement -> FCLK Frequency)

3. Ties into (2) somewhat, but what about SOC/Uncore OC Mode? Leave this Disabled? Talks about running IF / memory / integrated graphics at max frequency at all times, does this mean it'll "automatically" push IF to 1900Mhz (which I know is the max for my system) and keep 1:1 ratio, etc? Or is it talking about something else? Isn't memory always running at a fixed frequency regardless? This setting confuses me. (edit: I'll probably leave this on Auto now that I see it in the XFR menu and remember leaving this alone last time)

4. Has PBO bug been fixed in recent versions? Before, I would "unlock" power limits by setting PPT/TDC/EDC/Scalar to 300/230/230/1x with PBO on (a Buildzoid recommendation IIRC), but this time around, can I just leave PBO on Enable / will it automatically use the actual mobo limits this time and not throttle? Or should I keep the manual numbers?

5. What about CPU VCore Loadline Calibration? Auto? Standard? Something else?

·
Registered
5900X - X570 Aorus Xtreme - 32 GB 3.200 - 1080Ti FTW3
2 Posts
Create a signature or state your CPU.
Lack of WHEA errors in hwinfo does not mean stable.

later edit:
were you even trying?
Sorry, forgot to name my CPU. It's a 5900X.

The screenshot was taken after a long period of operation.

·
Registered
168 Posts
EDIT: was able to answer most of my own questions but I can't delete the post / will just leave it up, I am still unclear on (4) and (5) though.

Just updated my BIOS to the most recent version (F31h as of this moment) and have to redo a lot of my old settings:

1. Where do I find the whole uclock=mclock memory setting to ensure the infinity fabric setting stays in 1:1 ratio? (edit: AMD CBS -> NBIO Common Options -> XFR Enhancement -> UCLK DIV1 MODE)

2. Where do I adjust infinity fabric frequency? Settings -> AMD Overclocking -> DDR and Infinity Fabric Frequency/Timings -> Infinity Fabric Frequency and Dividers? (edit: AMD CBS -> NBIO Common Options -> XFR Enhancement -> FCLK Frequency)

3. Ties into (2) somewhat, but what about SOC/Uncore OC Mode? Leave this Disabled? Talks about running IF / memory / integrated graphics at max frequency at all times, does this mean it'll "automatically" push IF to 1900Mhz (which I know is the max for my system) and keep 1:1 ratio, etc? Or is it talking about something else? Isn't memory always running at a fixed frequency regardless? This setting confuses me. (edit: I'll probably leave this on Auto now that I see it in the XFR menu and remember leaving this alone last time)

4. Has PBO bug been fixed in recent versions? Before, I would "unlock" power limits by setting PPT/TDC/EDC/Scalar to 300/230/230/1x with PBO on (a Buildzoid recommendation IIRC), but this time around, can I just leave PBO on Enable / will it automatically use the actual mobo limits this time and not throttle? Or should I keep the manual numbers?

5. What about CPU VCore Loadline Calibration? Auto? Standard? Something else?
check this...

so maybe you see it easy then. hard to explain for me.

4 did not touch, 5 i have turbo, sometimes the settings are hard to find.

·
Registered
107 Posts
BIOS F31k
Although the IF2000 is still unstable
IF1900 is good!
Can you please tell me what is your CPU part number?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Had a hunch.
OEM/tray part, not retail.
Trying to see if retail ones are having more issues then OEM parts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got this answer from Gigabyte Support. ”There has been a global shortage but in 2-3 weeks some limited stock will arrive Nordics. You may contact the local Gigabyte resellers to check the stock availability.”

So maybe they arent EOL after all?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I got this answer from Gigabyte Support. ”There has been a global shortage but in 2-3 weeks some limited stock will arrive Nordics. You may contact the local Gigabyte resellers to check the stock availability.”

So maybe they arent EOL after all?
I was guessing they were waiting for new revision in general but we shall see.
(1.0 sold out? can't be ordered, now new product number for 1.1? = EOL for those not seeing the change in their system?)

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Anyway, I've concluded 1933FCLK is impossible to use for everyday usage on my 3800x. Really only useful for benchmarks and nothing else.
1933 causes audio crackle/no sound dropout, no matter what settings I change and if VDDG_CCD is not tuned properly it causes FPS dropouts/stutter. Like the PCIE buss is having lots of noise and "error correcting".
VDDG_IOD needs to be in the 1150-1198mv range to be usable without unbearable audio noise, if in the 1100-1150 range, 1933FCLK might boot but you have huge performance losses.
Also you have issues with not all USB ports functioning like normal, I noted several USB devices I had where not functioning proper with 1933FCLK, though main ones mouse/keyboard were mostly fine.
1200mv VDDG_IOD just instant freezes on boot, but looking at system behaviour it wants more of it for the audio noise gets less and less the more I increase VDDG_IOD.
If it would not freeze at 1200mv I would have liked to have tested more there. (is fine to & boots @ 1198mv)
BCLK was tested if it would help shift the problem but no, didn't do anything but make it worse as I increased the Buss speed.
PCIE gen change didn't help either, tested gen 3 & 4.
VDDG_CCD was best in the 970-980mv range. More than that and FPS started to stutter & dropout with freezes the more voltage I used. 1000-1050mv range is the worst. 1050-1100mv just cause even more audio noise, like a echo chamber effect.

A little sad this didn't work out, was so happy to have 1933FCLK running again but extended usage revealed too many issues for it to be viable for everyday usage.
Benchmarks only, really.

·
Registered
529 Posts
F31k is no problem. Also, I don't notice any differences from F31e. :p
No WHEA errors from Karhu RAM Test, y-cruncher and gaming sessions. (But I've never seen any WHEA errors with this board, yet) Just as solid as F31e. :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
Well.. that's because your overclock is unstable. Nothing to do with BIOS.
Also, it was a given fact that to achieve FCLK of 2000MHz, AGESA needs to be updated by AMD. :)

721 - 740 of 841 Posts