Overclock.net banner

841 - 860 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think like X570-3900X-DE we just need to wait more stable bios.
Coming from Intel world, but knowing ppl having Ryzen, it is normal situation, at startup the bios are not stable.

I have the exact same config as some overlcocker reference here, and it seems working perctly for them but not for me.
As component are not equal quality, i sum up by they have better unit.

I passed hours and hours (we can speak in days) to have my 5950X working.
Currently i'm working with the K release, and with 1866 FSCK at CL14. It works like a charms but i have 1 or 2 whea sometimes again ...
I hope to find a bios which can help me to go UP to 1866 at CL14 without WHEA errors.

I always buyed ASUS motherboard which was the best quality for me.
Gigabyte has convicted me with this motherboard, the best mobo with passive cooling ... I hope they continue to release beta bios until the time i get the good one FSCK working, and they continue to support it....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your answers.
The best is therefore to wait and see what the next bios give, the new gskill kits are nowhere to be found anyway, at least in France.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, new owner of an Aorus Xtreme rev 1.1 here with R9 5950x to replace an old i7 5960x with Rampage V Extreme!

I just have a question for new DDR4, I went for the new Gskill 4000Mhz C16 2x16GB (and x2 because I need 64GB):
G.SKILL Updates Trident Z Neo DDR4 Specs Up To DDR4-4000 CL16 16GBx2 for AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs-G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd. 5000-CPUs

But after reading a lot of posts I see that to have a fclk at 2000 you have to be very lucky so I was wondering if the 3800Mhz C14 would not be a better choice?
Hello Nergal54,

i just register here because i need to ask you , where did you buy and found Aorus Extreme rev 1.1 in a shop. I search for months already and cant find it anywhere. If i found a board its only rev 1.0 .... I live in Holland btw.

thanks in advanced :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello Nergal54,

i just register here because i need to ask you , where did you buy and found Aorus Extreme rev 1.1 in a shop. I search for months already and cant find it anywhere. If i found a board its only rev 1.0 .... I live in Holland btw.

i was sold as same board newer stock was 1.1 revision, it did not change the name

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Nergal54,

Hello, I bought it on cybertek.fr but it is currently out of stock however it is currently available on ldlc.com/materiel.net/topachat.com/hardware.fr (it's the same group so the same stock).
It was not specified if it was a rev 1.1 when I placed my order but I did receive one.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hello, I bought it on cybertek.fr but it is currently out of stock however it is currently available on ldlc.com/materiel.net/topachat.com/hardware.fr (it's the same group so the same stock).
It was not specified if it was a rev 1.1 when I placed my order but I did receive one.
I bought it on ldlc too and it was rev1.1, enjoy.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Wow, over 1k USD

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for the reply guys :) so looks like there is hope for me. Weird that the shops here not can tell what you guys told me now. Even the shops say.. HHHmmm good question.. nope we only have rev 1.0..

so thanks alsot guys

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You can find refurbished/returned & motherboard only/no peripherals on sale now and then.
The new stock has a ~2weeks to arrive time if you buy it seems on the sites I frequent.

·
Registered
251 Posts
new bios... F31N, did not test as still tweaking memory more :D
bios F31N

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
from feedback should be better, i can check in 4h as memory test runs 3.5 h more
Tested, it works like K version and more stable even.

1866 CL14 = stable no WHEA, running a test mem now.
1900 = No boot
1933 CL14 = Boot but WHEA
1966 CL15 = Boot but WHEA

·
Registered
251 Posts
try to shut down pc and press cmos reset when pc is off. but save profile so you need to reload it again. then it test again if you get a boot. i always had whea errors at more then 1900. i think after new agesa then we get more

·
Registered
60 Posts
It seems I have randoms sound like usb a disconnect/reconnect. Even at 1866. I though the usb bug when fixed already in previous release ?
With a stress test of 1hours i got 2 memory errors but no more whea at all ...

·
Registered
251 Posts
It seems I have randoms sound like usb a disconnect/reconnect. Even at 1866. I though the usb bug when fixed already in previous release ?
With a stress test of 1hours i got 2 memory errors but no more whea at all ...
also had this sound strange with lover volts on ram after update and setting the timings... and a quick boot, did make my volts soc and rest higher and and sound is ok again

·
Registered
251 Posts
was after update

1050 SOC volt
950 VDDP
950 VDDC CCd
950 VDDC IOD

is now as i had it on 31K
1100 SOC volt
1050 VDDP
1050 VDDC CCd
1050 VDDC IOD

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Why do you guys trust these so called bios files off media fire when they are not from an official Gigabyte website:

·
Registered
251 Posts
well Beta bios.... till it comes to gigabyte website... someone has to test and give feedback... 31K was also a beta that was never on Website and was the best so far for me

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
They hand them out to those willing to test the freshness in front of all the others who are scared of anything "beta".
We had a Gigabyte Rep around here handing them out for the 3000series launch earlier. Helped fix several bugs/issues and come with feature requests that over time made themselves into the BIOS. More than happy with that service, sadly the rep changed jobs and no one else took over the position on this site.
Now we atleast have someone over at tweaktown posting these bioses for testing. I'll take it every day of the week!

841 - 860 of 1265 Posts