Overclock.net banner

881 - 900 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
nice packed yes,

did you order 5800x also? from time to time you can have them here for good prices. And shipping to Schweden would be no issue from Germany

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
nice packed yes,

did you order 5800x also? from time to time you can have them here for good prices. And shipping to Schweden would be no issue from Germany
There was pink foam around the plastic shell, inside a large bubble wrap envelope + the usual postage brown box added. No issues.
No I have not ordered a 5800x, I did not buy the package deal as I could get a 5950X for the same price as the upgrade kit. I thought it would not be wise.
I'm waiting for them to be available retail, so probably early next year if I decide to go with it. Still undecided. Shall see how well the 4650G will perform.

There is not alot of info on overclocking these things.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lastest O release is same than N for me. Nice release, but blocked to 1866, 1900 refuse to boot with a 07 state

·
Registered
251 Posts
they did take 31bios of Gigabyte site strange

·
Registered
251 Posts
ah no... but you could measure from a other position slot were you have it ok

·
Registered
45 Posts
I am afraid to take off the armor to measure because I have two slots used / thermal pads adhered to the drives already (third is free), I wanted to buy replacements in case I mess up, but I don't know the specs, and neither does any source on Google. I also can't seem to get a response from Gigabyte on the question.

So was curious if anyone (who is only using <= 1 m2 ssd at the moment and can easily see in the undisturbed panel for 2/3) can verify

·
Registered
251 Posts
yeah hard to do if a pc is full of stuff...soory

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am afraid to take off the armor to measure because I have two slots used / thermal pads adhered to the drives already (third is free), I wanted to buy replacements in case I mess up, but I don't know the specs, and neither does any source on Google. I also can't seem to get a response from Gigabyte on the question.

So was curious if anyone (who is only using <= 1 m2 ssd at the moment and can easily see in the undisturbed panel for 2/3) can verify
I want to say 1.5mm 120x16mm

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Ok, took more work than I thought to get the 4650G Pro installed, had to drain parts of the loop to access the cpu socket.
Typical I dropped the 3800X and bent some pins on it, it fell out of the socket as I unlatched it still standing vertical. Had to rework them a little.

Well the 4650G takes quite a few boot loops to start up, thought it wasn't working at first. Had to wait more time than ever for it to post.
Went through a few BIOS q-flashes thinking it wasn't compatible, just wasn't patient enough to wait the required loops to post.

But it's running now, just enabled XMP to check the basics everything is working as it should.

(There was a issue with the POST getting stuck on code [97] if I used some settings. I'm unsure exactly the root setting but stock/defaults was causing it with CSM:disabled.
Leaving CSM:enabled and disabling iGPU I no longer had the issue.) [F31n]
[F31o]
did not cause this issue as far I've seen.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anyone else have their latest beta bios pulled from the Gigabyte site?

I've got a B550AX ITX, hopefully the full non beta release is coming soon?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts

Just set 4000Mhz 2000FCLK and boot!

·
Registered
251 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
so you can install 31O
Will test how far I get on F31n first, to see later if there is improvements or worse on F31o.

FLCK 2100Mhz, 2233FCLK, 2266FCLK works with a little extra SoC voltage.

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: X570-3900X-DE

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have 3 x 8 pin on the card that is already more then ok, but on the bottom no did not connect. this is realy if you have much power over pci needed
The reason that PEG is there at the bottom is actually so your 12V pins in your 24 pin ATX connector won't melt. Because there are only 2 x 12V pins in 24 connector and your graphics card uses those lains to draw power via PCIe slot. In the past there were accidents where graphics cards drawn more than 75W via PCIe slot, despite having multiple 8 pins power connected (like RX 480 for example). That is why it is worth to check some good reviews of the cards you plan to use.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Will test how far I get on F31n first, to see later if there is improvements or worse on F31o.

FLCK 2100Mhz works. 2233FCLK works with a little extra SoC voltage.
don't kill it :D

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
don't kill it :D
Yeah, no idea what voltages are safe on this chip for the moment, just testing the limits.
2266Mhz FCLK seems to work with 1.300V SoC also, but 2300FCLK just reboots when I try to enter windows. More voltage or other things didn't seem to do the trick for it either.
So 2266Mhz FCLK on this sample if you want to use 1.300V.
2300Mhz might need much more, or something else needs adjustment, 1.350V didn't help it to get into windows either.

I was suprised these don't have VDDG voltage settings. Only VDDP & SoC, GFX also if you want to use that with a more appropriate motherboard.

EDIT: Seems 1.275V SoC is enough for 2266FCLK now.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I noted there are some BIOS options missing when using a 4000 series CPU on the X570 Xtreme. (F31n)

Missing settings:
XFR->VDDP
XFR->VDDG
XFR->LN2 mode
XFR->UncoreOC

AMD_OVERCLOCKING->Precision Boost Overdrive (whole menu is missing with all options)
Meaning no +200 boost, no temperature limit, no motherboard limits available.

AMD_OVERCLOCKING->LN2
AMD_OVERCLOCKING->VDDG
AMD_OVERCLOCKING->VDDG->VDDG_CCD
AMD_OVERCLOCKING->VDDG->VDDG_IOD

There are various settings not available here and there which I could use on the 3800x.
BGS_Alternative is not available either for example. EDIT: Found BGS_ALT under a different menu.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, no idea what voltages are safe on this chip for the moment, just testing the limits.
2266Mhz FCLK seems to work with 1.300V SoC also, but 2300FCLK just reboots when I try to enter windows. More voltage or other things didn't seem to do the trick for it either.
So 2266Mhz FCLK on this sample if you want to use 1.300V.
2300Mhz might need much more, or something else needs adjustment, 1.350V didn't help it to get into windows either.

I was suprised these don't have VDDG voltage settings. Only VDDP & SoC, GFX also if you want to use that with a more appropriate motherboard.

EDIT: Seems 1.275V SoC is enough for 2266FCLK now.
Here is a screenshot from a test with the B550
IF2300 AIDA64

IF2300 VSoC LowV RamTest

IF2366

Ram5100

881 - 900 of 1265 Posts