Overclock.net banner

1161 - 1180 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Oh yes man, you got a lot of stuff running in the background^^.

-steam
-smartfansensord
-precisionx
-cam-helper
-nzxt cam
-presentmon_x
-discord
-xbox gamebar

And this only what i can see in your screenshot. Do a clean startup or try safe boot mode and do the benchmark again. You'll see much better results.
I see :) You mean really benchmark posted here are runned in safe mode ?
I'll try to test with a cleanup and try again that's true, will say you.

I just installed my 3090 in gpu extension slot with the pci-e extension cables 4.0. Working nice my CPU get some fresh. I can reach 490W on the 3090 and CPU stay et get high with PBO.
I need a watercooling :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I would like to ask people's advice here about this board. I'm putting a new build together and am really undecided between either the xtreme or Dark Hero for the mobo. I would be using it for both work and gaming and pairing it with a 5900x and a hybrid 3080. I recently read the xtreme has been discontinued by Gigabyte with a newer flagship model in the works and have also seen people complaining about memory compatibility problems. Any thoughts or recommendations? Thanks :)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
@markilemarquis I own both. I use the Xtreme in a gaming build, and the Dark Hero as a daily web, email, media, light user, build. The Dark Hero bios is further ahead of the of the Xtreme currently. DH is working on AGESA 1190 while the Xtreme is currently on AGESA 1100D. The Dark Hero is a very nice board and the bios seems to be a little more refined.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@markilemarquis I own both. I use the Xtreme in a gaming build, and the Dark Hero as a daily web, email, media, light user, build. The Dark Hero bios is further ahead of the of the Xtreme currently. DH is working on AGESA 1190 while the Xtreme is currently on AGESA 1100D. The Dark Hero is a very nice board and the bios seems to be a little more refined.
Hey OCmember,
Thanks for answering so quickly. You are really lucky to own both boards! I hope you don't mind then if I ask a few more things. Although it's true the DH is better optimized at the moment as you point out, wouldn't the current issues with the xtreme hopefully be resolved by future bios updates? How useful do you find the dynamic overclocking feature on the DH? Would you say it's a real deal breaker? I've read that some people have had problems getting it to work (another problem to be addressed by future bios updates). My main concern in choosing a board is longevity and functionality. I'm attracted to the xtreme because it brings several advantages to the table like its overall build quality, the possibility of an add-on Thunderbolt card and a third m.2 slot (although doesn't using this eliminate the 4th and 5th sata ports?). But is it worth nearly $300 more than the Dark Hero, and how well would you say it will stand the test of time given how quickly technology evolves these days? Thanks again for your advice. :)(y)

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Thanks! I'm really happy with both, tbh. I can't speculate on future bios updates for the Xtreme. You might find better discussions in the Dark Hero thread. @shamino1978 who works for Asus participates in the thread. Asus Crosshair VIII DARK Hero.... Official Thread!? We use to have a Gigabyte rep here but he no longer works for them, correct me if I am wrong, anyone. I personally don't think I'll venture into the Dynamic Overclock feature anytime soon so no comment there. The Xtreme board I have had to be RMA'd when I started my build. I think the bios batter was dead. It would not boot at all. Checked my PSU, did some other trouble shooting etc. And getting to the bios batter requires removal of the 'Armor' that covers the board. Even then it appeared difficult to remove the bios batter as I did get somewhat far but decided not to chance it and RMA'd it. The Dark Hero is a new board and will have support for a while where-as the Xtreme is EOL, apparently. One thing for sure either board you buy make sure you register it. Sorry I can't be more helpful

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hey OCmember,
Thanks for answering so quickly. You are really lucky to own both boards! I hope you don't mind then if I ask a few more things. Although it's true the DH is better optimized at the moment as you point out, wouldn't the current issues with the xtreme hopefully be resolved by future bios updates? How useful do you find the dynamic overclocking feature on the DH? Would you say it's a real deal breaker? I've read that some people have had problems getting it to work (another problem to be addressed by future bios updates). My main concern in choosing a board is longevity and functionality. I'm attracted to the xtreme because it brings several advantages to the table like its overall build quality, the possibility of an add-on Thunderbolt card and a third m.2 slot (although doesn't using this eliminate the 4th and 5th sata ports?). But is it worth nearly $300 more than the Dark Hero, and how well would you say it will stand the test of time given how quickly technology evolves these days? Thanks again for your advice. :)(y)
Well, if you do not need the feature set that the Xtreme provides - 10 GBit LAN, 3rd M.2-Slot and possibility for an TB3 add-in-card - then IMHO go with der Dark Hero...

...and yes, you "loose" 2-Sata-Ports when using the 3rd M.2 Slot on the Xtreme.

Best regards,
Medizinmann

·
Registered
110 Posts
F32a

·
Registered
60 Posts
F32a
Power 1.1.9.0 ?? haha will see after boot :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
With F32a, i can't see the AGESA version, tested with all tools.
I assume it's maybe 1.1.9.0 ?

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
F32a has still Agesa 1.1.0.0?

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Recently upgraded to a 5950X from a 3950X . When I tried a PerCCX OC only 4 out 8 cores for each CCD was being set to the frequency I set in the BIOS. I am suing BIOS F31. Has anyone else noticed this behavior? If I do an all core OC then all cores are set properly.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I delayed updating my Bios on my 1.0 Xtreme for a while, waiting for stability.
I downloaded F31 with Agesa 1.1.0.0 from the X570 Xtreme 1.0 support section of the Gigabyte website.
How can I see the version letter, e.g. F31d? I don't see it in the Bios, CPU-Z, or the Gigabyte Aorus utilities (BIOS, SIV)

I'm still very disappointed if this MB is EOL already. :-(

·
Registered
14 Posts
I delayed updating my Bios on my 1.0 Xtreme for a while, waiting for stability.
I downloaded F31 with Agesa 1.1.0.0 from the X570 Xtreme 1.0 support section of the Gigabyte website.
How can I see the version letter, e.g. F31d? I don't see it in the Bios, CPU-Z, or the Gigabyte Aorus utilities (BIOS, SIV)

I'm still very disappointed if this MB is EOL already. :-(
Not sure what to make of the current situation with this board. The latest bios update (F31) has been taken down from Gigabyte's website with the most recent update now being version F30 dating from mid September 2020. I opened a ticket with Gigabyte's online customer service on 10 Jan. enquiring whether the xtreme was EOL. Still no answer after 7 business days.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Did install latest F32 from Gigabyte Site Link Bios F32

small improvement on NS, rest about the same for a quick test. Still F31K was better in C23 performance lost about 800 in score, but let see with new AGESA if they start finally.

1161 - 1180 of 1265 Posts