Overclock.net banner

1181 - 1200 of 1265 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Anyone having problems with APC UPSes connected via USB cable?
Randomly, but more often after a BIOS upgrade, the connection will flap, no matter if using USB2 or 3 on the back I/O.
If using the Windows built-in power management, the PC will just shutdown thinking the battery is critical, even though it is full.
Switched to apcupsd for Windows and the UPS monitor also flaps between Online and battery low.
A quick cable unplug/plug back will usually fix it.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Not sure what to make of the current situation with this board. The latest bios update (F31) has been taken down from Gigabyte's website with the most recent update now being version F30 dating from mid September 2020. I opened a ticket with Gigabyte's online customer service on 10 Jan. enquiring whether the xtreme was EOL. Still no answer after 7 business days.
Thanks for the reply!
Please let us know if/when you hear something.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just confirming - Are BIOS files revision dependent?
(i.e. Do not install a 1.1 Bios on a 1.0 version board)
no as even with beta bios there is only 1 version

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Just confirming - Are BIOS files revision dependent?
(i.e. Do not install a 1.1 Bios on a 1.0 version board)
I think it's self explanatory, but you're more than welcome to play around and risk it then blame someone else if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it's self explanatory, but you're more than welcome to play around and risk it then blame someone else if something goes wrong.
I'm generally conservative on updates that could brick a primary working system, so it's not going to be me to push the envelope. I just wanted to make sure I understood the conditions properly.
I don't know what makes you think I would blame someone else, I'm responsible for my own actions, including trusting strangers on the Internet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually, I just noticed there is a new Bios for revision 1.0 boards, on the official motherboard support page

F32 posted on 1/18/21
  1. Update AMD AGESA ComboV2 1.1.0.0 D
  2. Performance optimized on Ryzen 5000 series processors
  3. Add Re-size bar option for AMD Smart Access Memory support
  4. Improve connection stability for USB 2.0 ports of USB hub
  5. Improve system stability

·
Registered
756 Posts
I delayed updating my Bios on my 1.0 Xtreme for a while, waiting for stability.
I downloaded F31 with Agesa 1.1.0.0 from the X570 Xtreme 1.0 support section of the Gigabyte website.
How can I see the version letter, e.g. F31d? I don't see it in the Bios, CPU-Z, or the Gigabyte Aorus utilities (BIOS, SIV)

I'm still very disappointed if this MB is EOL already. :-(
BIOS with a letter is not a final bios, it seems they remove them from the listing page when the next one is released.

station drivers has the other revisions listed with download links Station-Drivers - X570 AORUS XTREME

I downloaded the lettered bioses from there and they worked fine on my 1.1 board. I also ordered my board Dec 18 from Newegg but stock seems very rare.

·
Registered
110 Posts
AGESA1.2.0.0 BIOS F33a

·
Registered
60 Posts

PS: Can't get higher than 1866 with 4 sticks.

Will dream a support of 1966 with my 4 sticks :)
You think the problem is the cpu / ram controlleur / infinity fabric ?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ram is running comfortably.
I decided not to verify PBO with this BIOS.
It is possible that the next BIOS will come out soon.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Pardon me if it's in one of those screenshots but I'm not seeing it - what is your SOC voltage set at for that 1900 FCLK?
5900X and I can't even POST above 1800 on F33a yet 🤔

Edit: just found it lol. So this feels like an AGESA bug with 1900 FCLK.
1800 OK
1833 OK
1867 OK
1900 NO POST
1933 OK

...wat? 1.1V for SOC + VDDG IOD and CCD.
What's wrong with 1900MHz FCLK?

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Gaming feels worse with F32

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
F33a... Agesa 1.2.0.0

There is no improvement for Ryzen 4000 series support... Nothing has changed since I installed this Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G
PBO still Locked, unable to use PBO for any effect. Stock speeds/wattages only available.

[97] post code error comes up too frequently when I try to change BIOS settings randomly, making it impossible to change any BIOS settings and save untill randomly starts working again.
It's a pain in the ass when it starts to get stuck on it on post.
Just randomly works and doesn't on any BIOS settings changes. (clear CMOS only fixes it)

iGPU can't be enabled, AMD graphics drivers blue screen when you do.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
F33a Ryzen Calculator Latency test, 5800X, 54.2ns
F32 Ryzen Calculator Latency test, 5800X, 53.2ns

·
Registered
13 Posts
BIOS with a letter is not a final bios, it seems they remove them from the listing page when the next one is released.

station drivers has the other revisions listed with download links Station-Drivers - X570 AORUS XTREME

I downloaded the lettered bioses from there and they worked fine on my 1.1 board. I also ordered my board Dec 18 from Newegg but stock seems very rare.
Thanks for the reply!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Anyone know why they took F31 down? Was it bad? Did it cause issues? I rolled back from F33a, felt unstable when gaming. Not sure if my USB is flaking out but I rolled back to F30, that had issues, tried updating to F32 and it crashed in the middle of the bios update - unbelievable. F31 installed and I'm currently using it..

·
Registered
66 Posts
Anyone know why they took F31 down? Was it bad? Did it cause issues? I rolled back from F33a, felt unstable when gaming. Not sure if my USB is flaking out but I rolled back to F30, that had issues, tried updating to F32 and it crashed in the middle of the bios update - unbelievable. F31 installed and I'm currently using it..
I'm not sure I think F32 might have replaced it due to some issues. Did you try disabling Global C-States in Advanced CPU settings on F33a? I think that helped with my USB issues but agreed it's unbelievable. I'm not sure if this is Gigabyte or AMD AGESA just absolutely f'ing NOT ready for primetime. We paid a ton of money for this stuff it's crazy how many regressions continue to appear

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I'm not sure I think F32 might have replaced it due to some issues. Did you try disabling Global C-States in Advanced CPU settings on F33a? I think that helped with my USB issues but agreed it's unbelievable. I'm not sure if this is Gigabyte or AMD AGESA just absolutely f'ing NOT ready for primetime. We paid a ton of money for this stuff it's crazy how many regressions continue to appear
I always have it disabled but there's an issue with USB? Was it for 2.0 or 3.0? I never use 2.0.. the CPU is connected to the top 2 USB 3.0 ports I think, so I use those. But I can't believe I crashed in the middle of the bios updating.. that's what I felt was unbelievable. I think the board isn't optimized for Vermeer and needs a lot of AGESA work

1181 - 1200 of 1265 Posts