Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes when I reboot the computer (from Windows) and I want to enter the BIOS my Delete key is not working. I see the motherboard is turning on and off the keyboard at startup (some kind of startup procedure that does not go right). What could be wrong? Is it my overclock on the RAM? I hope not. I just got all my parts replaced by new ones and XMP works now.

My rig:

Sharkoon TG5 RGB case
Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER motherboard (latest BIOS, F20)
CMK16GX4M2D3600C18 16GB running @ 3600MHz XMP profile
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X cpu with BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming OC 11G graphics card
Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVMe 512GB ssd
Intel 660p M.2 2TB
Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB hdd
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sometimes when I reboot the computer (from Windows) and I want to enter the BIOS my Delete key is not working. I see the motherboard is turning on and off the keyboard at startup (some kind of startup procedure that does not go right). What could be wrong? Is it my overclock on the RAM? I hope not. I just got all my parts replaced by new ones and XMP works now.

My rig:

Sharkoon TG5 RGB case
Intel 660p M.2 2TB
EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3

Try to turn off computer, unplug power cable and push button clear cmos.

·
Registered
176 Posts

My rig:

Sharkoon TG5 RGB case

Intel 660p M.2 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
You my have enable quick boot function. It jump over mostly of the bios an go for booting up windows.

You can enter bios from windows by holding shift key and restart windows.

You enter into faile safe mode and From there you can select to boot next boot to bios.

Skickat från min SM-G973F via Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,942 Posts

My rig:

Sharkoon TG5 RGB case

Intel 660p M.2 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G3
I had the happen a few times while working on my RAM overclock. My unresponsive keyboard issue would persist through reboots even. I have my keyboard plugged into an USB switch so I thought that could be part of the issue. I would need to unplug and replug my keyboard into the USB switch to get it working again.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the happen a few times while working on my RAM overclock. My unresponsive keyboard issue would persist through reboots even. I have my keyboard plugged into an USB switch so I thought that could be part of the issue. I would need to unplug and replug my keyboard into the USB switch to get it working again.
That does sound like the same problem I'm having sometimes. Is there any way to get the USB ports to be more stable?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts