Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have a new Gigabyte Z370 HD3 for two weeks and it is stable at 5.0GHz overclock with DVID+0.060v, the BIOS is very intuitive. The stock memory is G.SKill 3200 14-14-14-34, then overclocked the memory to 3600 15-15-15-35 with ease, only using XMP, primary timings and multiplier. I really like the Backup BIOS feature in this low cost motherboard and it has kicked in twice in the past two weeks of setting very unstable memory overclocks in BIOS. Usually when I have a overclock that won't post correctly the BIOS will will show a failed post screen and give you options to boot with default settings or go back into BIOS settings and make changes to previous settings. I'm really impressed with this US$114.00 motherboard.:)

Some reviews out on the net show High VRM temperature with my VRM components, this is not the case on my VRM with the same testing done, the VRM was 69c.

VRM temp 4.5GHz.jpg

https://overclockers.ru/lab/show/89...aterinskoj-platy-gigabyte-z370-aorus-gaming-3

Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 VRM temp.jpg

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well I have a new Gigabyte Z370 HD3 for two weeks and it is stable at 5.0GHz overclock with DVID+0.060v, the BIOS is very intuitive. The stock memory is G.SKill 3200 14-14-14-34, then overclocked the memory to 3600 15-15-15-35 with ease, only using XMP, primary timings and multiplier. I really like the Backup BIOS feature in this low cost motherboard and it has kicked in twice in the past two weeks of setting very unstable memory overclocks in BIOS. Usually when I have a overclock that won't post correctly the BIOS will will show a failed post screen and give you options to boot with default settings or go back into BIOS settings and make changes to previous settings. I'm really impressed with this US$114.00 motherboard.:)

Some reviews out on the net show High VRM temperature with my VRM components, this is not the case on my VRM with the same testing done, the VRM was 69c.

View attachment 143193

https://overclockers.ru/lab/show/89...aterinskoj-platy-gigabyte-z370-aorus-gaming-3

View attachment 143201

I have just built a pc for the first time& it has the Gigabyte Z370 HD3 running an i7 chip & 64gb 3000 ram plus 1tb m.2 ssd. i am looking to see if i can overclock it. As this will be my first time doing this I would prefer going with tried & tested bios settings to avoid any mishaps or the seeing the holy blue smoke from the board. i especially like the fact that you managed to keep the temperature as low as 69*C.

I hope you do not mind posting some screen shots of your bios settings as I am looking to emulate the perfomance that you managed to get. This will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Overclocking virgin

I am an overclocking virgin looking to pop my cherry. I also have a similar build to OkaNare & would also like to ask Wingman99 to please share his bios settings.

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I have just built a pc for the first time& it has the Gigabyte Z370 HD3 running an i7 chip & 64gb 3000 ram plus 1tb m.2 ssd. i am looking to see if i can overclock it. As this will be my first time doing this I would prefer going with tried & tested bios settings to avoid any mishaps or the seeing the holy blue smoke from the board. i especially like the fact that you managed to keep the temperature as low as 69*C.

I hope you do not mind posting some screen shots of your bios settings as I am looking to emulate the perfomance that you managed to get. This will be greatly appreciated.
The only things I changed in BIOS is the multiplier and DVID +0.080v and XMP enabled. What BIOS version do you have?

DVID core voltage.jpg

5.0GHz.jpg

IA AC,DC Loadline.jpg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts