Overclock.net banner

3721 - 3740 of 9806 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
z390 Aorus Ultra new F8 BIOS is broken trash (what a surprise, eh?)

BIOS resets on every cold-boot when on the F8 BIOS so back to F7 I go! (and problem was instantly solved it was DEFINITELY the F8 BIOS, despite Gigabyte telling me it was not)

Once again please tell your friends NOT to purchase any Gigabyte products theyre absolute garbo!

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts

BIOS resets on every cold-boot when on the F8 BIOS so back to F7 I go! (and problem was instantly solved it was DEFINITELY the F8 BIOS, despite Gigabyte telling me it was not)

Once again please tell your friends NOT to purchase any Gigabyte products theyre absolute garbo!
After being a long time Asus fanboy I'm totally happy with my Aorus Master, got to be the best motherboard I've ever owned. :D

·
Registered
979 Posts
After being a long time Asus fanboy I'm totally happy with my Aorus Master, got to be the best motherboard I've ever owned. :D
+100000 Same here!

·
Gunnery Sergeant Hartman
449 Posts

Have not tried F8 yet on my board, as I'm totally happy with F7 on my Aorus Ultra.

As the above people mention, this is my first Gigabyte board. Had lots of ASUS board before in other systems, but I have to admit this board seems solid in how it holds my overclock and I have not run into any problems I could not fix.

Power delivery seems good enough, really happy with it.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Basic BIOS settings for 5.1GHZ but to undervolt at 4.7GHZ you could probably go a negative offset of -.075 or lower. Note: I have IA AC Loadline at 1, not 0. other settings you can still use though. :D

https://www.overclock.net/forum/28018702-post3617.html
For a 5Ghz overclock running my ram at 3200 (CAS14 using 4x16GB sticks), aside from a lower offset than your 5.1 settings, any other changes you can suggest to lower temps?
Just trying to get my 5Ghz stable with the least possible voltages needed to keep my temps as low as possible since weather is getting hotter :D

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Been testing my memory overclock in benchmarks.

4133MHz with the below timings score better in Cinebench R20, CPU-Z multi-core benchmark and even 3DMark Time Spy.

Then do 4200MHz with the second picture timings. Only way 4200Mhz scores more is in AIDA64 cache and memory test.

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
For a 5Ghz overclock running my ram at 3200 (CAS14 using 4x16GB sticks), aside from a lower offset than your 5.1 settings, any other changes you can suggest to lower temps?
Just trying to get my 5Ghz stable with the least possible voltages needed to keep my temps as low as possible since weather is getting hotter :D

Thanks!
At those speeds and timings you can have RAM voltage, VCCIO and SA lower than what I posted for sure, might help a bit.

Try running RAM voltage at 1.35v or 1.4v if needed, SA and VCCIO at say 1.15v or if that isn't stable, 1.2v.

• Rep+
Reactions: shaolin95

·
Registered
851 Posts
Hello guys.

What kit do you recommend for pushing the highest Frequency + lowest timings possible?
I need to increase my minimum framerates for VR. I currently have Dual-Rank 2x16gb 3333mhz CL17 with even worse sub-timings.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Hello guys.

What kit do you recommend for pushing the highest Frequency + lowest timings possible?
I need to increase my minimum framerates for VR. I currently have Dual-Rank 2x16gb 3333mhz CL17 with even worse sub-timings.

Thanks!
What motherboard do you have?

I get really good results with 4x8GB Trident Z CL16 3600 NOT RGB. Pretty much the best kit for four DIMMs. :)

Edit. And with Gigabyte being T-Topology you do better with four DIMMs. :)

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
Thanks

I have the z390 aorus master.

Wouldn't the board clock higher with 2x8gb?
No, because of T-Topology you always do better with 4x8GB. :h34r-smi

·
Registered
372 Posts
Guys, who know where I can find these settings?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a weird issue with the motherboard tho, since I failed to overclock my 9900K, in my trial and error trying overclocking it, yesterday I upgraded to F9 BIOS from the official website everything went well and the BIOS was upgraded and checked by press F9 it showed the BIOS version F9 and in cpuz showed it was F9, I slept and wake up and still trying why I'm getting Whea errors so I ran Intel CPU diagnostics and everything was passed indicating that my cpu works and there is no issues, then I noticed that Intel Diagnostics reporting my BIOS version is F8. I was shocked like seriously what's the matter here, it's a Aorus Master Z390. Can someone explain this to me?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi
I got an i9900k with a z390 aorus master a few days ago, and I am trying to figure out if I keep the or not. I keep it at stock, just xmp enabled (2x8 at 3200) and it gets very hot after an hour of gaming (bf5), 95 Celsius. Voltages are a bit high, with max 1.393 vcore in hwinfo. It is cooled by an Corsair Hydro Series H100x High Performance, i removed and re-applied but no change. The video card ( gtx970 ) does not exceed 70 Celsius while gaming.
In bios, it appears with 1.272v at 4700 (stock) and 1.260 if I apply intel limitations (tdp 95, power boost 118 and duration 8 sec).
In the screen below i run p95 (no avx), hwinfo started after the test.
I enabled in bios the MCE (nothing else just the xmp), saved and at first boot I entered again in bios just to see the voltage, it was 1.46..... Windows started but I was afraid to stress it with that amount in it.
My question is: how can I know if it's ok to keep them (mb +cpu). I do not plan to OC for daily use, but i'm afraid something is wrong here... is it normal to have the vcore at 1.393 (the max value, in load is below that, i guess it spikes when cores go to 5ghz) at stock settings with this mb ?
I'll take all the help I can get, I tried some setups found in this topic but with no success (no boot or very unstable).
ps: how can I take screenshots from bios ?
Edit: the cpu is stepping R0, bios F9 (it came with f8, I could not install windows with that version)

Attachments

·
Facepalm
8,210 Posts
I have a weird issue with the motherboard tho, since I failed to overclock my 9900K, in my trial and error trying overclocking it, yesterday I upgraded to F9 BIOS from the official website everything went well and the BIOS was upgraded and checked by press F9 it showed the BIOS version F9 and in cpuz showed it was F9, I slept and wake up and still trying why I'm getting Whea errors so I ran Intel CPU diagnostics and everything was passed indicating that my cpu works and there is no issues, then I noticed that Intel Diagnostics reporting my BIOS version is F8. I was shocked like seriously what's the matter here, it's a Aorus Master Z390. Can someone explain this to me?
Set the bios switches to main bios and single bios mode.
And if you're still getting WHEA's at the settings I told you to use, RMA the CPU.
I replied on reddit.

·
Facepalm
8,210 Posts
Hi
I got an i9900k with a z390 aorus master a few days ago, and I am trying to figure out if I keep the or not. I keep it at stock, just xmp enabled (2x8 at 3200) and it gets very hot after an hour of gaming (bf5), 95 Celsius. Voltages are a bit high, with max 1.393 vcore in hwinfo. It is cooled by an Corsair Hydro Series H100x High Performance, i removed and re-applied but no change. The video card ( gtx970 ) does not exceed 70 Celsius while gaming.
In bios, it appears with 1.272v at 4700 (stock) and 1.260 if I apply intel limitations (tdp 95, power boost 118 and duration 8 sec).
In the screen below i run p95 (no avx), hwinfo started after the test.
I enabled in bios the MCE (nothing else just the xmp), saved and at first boot I entered again in bios just to see the voltage, it was 1.46..... Windows started but I was afraid to stress it with that amount in it.
My question is: how can I know if it's ok to keep them (mb +cpu). I do not plan to OC for daily use, but i'm afraid something is wrong here... is it normal to have the vcore at 1.393 (the max value, in load is below that, i guess it spikes when cores go to 5ghz) at stock settings with this mb ?
I'll take all the help I can get, I tried some setups found in this topic but with no success (no boot or very unstable).
ps: how can I take screenshots from bios ?
Edit: the cpu is stepping R0, bios F9 (it came with f8, I could not install windows with that version)
Use VR VOUT for your voltage measurements, not VID nor the other two vcore sensors.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
why are there so many vcore sensors in Hwinfo64? Do they represent different things?

·
Premium Member
5,025 Posts
3721 - 3740 of 9806 Posts