Overclock.net banner

9621 - 9640 of 9787 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Hi @Cookie_93 , can you look into the 1T bug/issue with dual rank dimms on Z490 Aorus Master boards right now?

Oh Trident Z 2x16 GB CL14 sticks, both 2018 and 2020 versions, 1T command rate does not work at stock XMP settings at all. The board just repeatedly boot loops and fails to train, and either "C1's" and resets, or eventually decides to post at 2800 mhz.

It does not matter what the DDR voltages, IO or SA are set to.

2020 sticks (RAM sticker feb 2020): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071VRMFDQ/
2018 sticks (RAM sticker Oct 2018): https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-32gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820232560?Item=N82E16820232560

These sticks have absolutely no problems at all running 1T at XMP on the Z390 Aorus Master, for example.
(the 2020 sticks are less stable at 1T with tightened subs than the 2018 sticks are, but the 2020 sticks scale MUCH better with 2T, 3733 mhz and timings of 15/15/15/36 @ 1.40v is rock solid, which the 2018 sticks could not do without loosening a lot of subs).

By comparison, the Steel Viper 4000 CL17 2x8 sticks have no problems at 1T on the Z490 Master.

Thank you!
Are the 2020 sticks the new A die?

·
Banned
585 Posts
Sorry for calling kryonaut trash, its not, perhaps it is my chip. Sorry Der8uaer. I still buy your other products when I can.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Hey Guys.Been away from the overcloking scene for a while and was looking to tweak my settings.Currently my 9900k is at 5Ghz @1.32 Vcore on my Z390 Aorus Motherboard.Also currently using F10b bios.Another question ...What is the best non-modded Bios?
Anyways here are some of my snapshots of my overclock.Any advice would be appreciation.Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
224 Posts
I still post updated BIOS's for you peeps, but when I couldn't get a Core i9-10980XE I went Team Red with a 3950x and it'd been pretty much the best platform I've ever had with overclocking.

And if the new RDNA video cards will be as good as the hype and don't have overheating issues water-cooled, I might go completely Team Red.
I plan to join you when the 4000 Desktop CPUs launch later this year :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey Guys.Been away from the overcloking scene for a while and was looking to tweak my settings.Currently my 9900k is at 5Ghz @1.32 Vcore on my Z390 Aorus Motherboard.Also currently using F10b bios.Another question ...What is the best non-modded Bios?
Anyways here are some of my snapshots of my overclock.Any advice would be appreciation.Thanks in advance.
I didn't see if you are using manual or offset voltage, but one think that seemed odd to me was setting AC loadline to 1 and leaving DC at 0 (default). Not sure if that would have an adverse impact or not. If you are stable, voltages aren't peaking, and your temperatures are acceptable though I don't see a huge problem here. I liked F11c, but not sure it is best. You could always try lowering to high LLC if you are worried about transient voltage spikes, but you'd need to compensate for additional droop with additional VCore. I've also heard it's best to set switch rate on VRMs to 300 Khz, and not max them at 500.

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
DC Loadline is only for package power reporting. It is a prediction of the LLC value (loadline calibration) but appears on the reported VID. The actual raw value of the VID appears if DC Loadline=1 as this prevents the VID from showing a *reported* drop (not a real drop).

The amount of the VID being dropped is simply DC Loadline mOhms * Amps, where 1=0.01 mOhms and 100=1 mOhm; this is the drop below the AC loadline boost value (which technically is "AC Loadline mOhms * loadstep iOUT") but I only found controlling vcore via ACLL to be reliable ONLY when using Cinebench and Prime95 small FFT. Using it to try to play Battlefield 5 causes massive vdroop or high VR OUT spikes because the ACLL doesn't respond very fast to mixed erratic core loads, only to constant loads.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey folks,

Overclocked my 9700k on the Gigabyte z390 aorus pro a while back, 4.8ghz. Everything was good, all stable and no issues. Recently bought a new NVMe and was fiddling with some of the settings in the bios, 1 in particular which I now instantly regret: Fast Boot. Long story short I couldn't get to be the bios through various methods so updated the bios via the program. It worked, all good but of course I hadn't save my settings for the previous overclock and I cannot remember what I used. Been working on this oc for the past 2/3 hours but not getting anywhere with stability etc.

Anyone have a quick guide on what I should use and I can then go off that to make sure the voltage is stable etc please. (There's guides out there but quite honestly they all go off on different options and would love to just get to the previous settings I had)

Edit: Bios version F12d

·
Banned
585 Posts
Hey folks,

Overclocked my 9700k on the Gigabyte z390 aorus pro a while back, 4.8ghz. Everything was good, all stable and no issues. Recently bought a new NVMe and was fiddling with some of the settings in the bios, 1 in particular which I now instantly regret: Fast Boot. Long story short I couldn't get to be the bios through various methods so updated the bios via the program. It worked, all good but of course I hadn't save my settings for the previous overclock and I cannot remember what I used. Been working on this oc for the past 2/3 hours but not getting anywhere with stability etc.

Anyone have a quick guide on what I should use and I can then go off that to make sure the voltage is stable etc please. (There's guides out there but quite honestly they all go off on different options and would love to just get to the previous settings I had)

Edit: Bios version F12d

get off of those ****ty beta bioses and newer bioses. All of them are trash and a waste of time, I tried ALL OF THEM, either old/wrong code or filled with bugs or new microcode that affects performance. I swear they just have us try this stuff because their own employees are too lazy to test **** themself. Not once has one these beta or newer bioses done a damn thing for me and they have me waste my time testing them all. I see users get best results with f9. Don't bother with any other bios, ever, unless they provide you evidence of proof of concept, otherwise you will be wasting your time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
get off of those ****ty beta bioses and newer bioses. All of them are trash, either old/wrong code or filled with bugs that affect performance. I see users get best results with f9 or f10b. Don't bother with anything else.
Ironically I was on F9 before the update. Any info on the rest of the main question at hand?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Hey, can anyone tell me how to fix spd write on the motherboard (aorus z390 pro wifi)? I tried searching, but 'spd' 'ram' and 'rgb' are all too short to use. I need to be able to access my ram rgb so it isn't always one, but it doesn't show up in iCue, and it seems that spd write is the cause of this.

·
Premium Member
5,009 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: -SE7EN-

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I had to mod the BIOS with instructions from the WinRaid forum to enable SPD Write.

https://www.win-raid.com/t5202f16-Gigabyte-Z-Master-Enable-SPD-Write.html

ok, I will make a post there now. Seen that thread earlier through google searches, was hoping there was a better fix in place by now. Just upgraded from an old 2600k, this motherboard is giving me a headache so far. Thanks for the help, this will hopefully be the last of the bigger problems with this board.

·
Banned
585 Posts
how do I prevent windows update from every activating? I literally just did a fresh wipe, disabled wuaserv, stopped the service and then as soon as I plugged in my ethernet cable and opened Microsoft edge, windows update goes off. How do I prevent this from happening on my device. I don't want any updates ever. none. please help. I don't want anything modifying my machine unless I click install myself.

Also, what is secure boot mode do in the bios?
What does CSM do in the bios?

I noticed I had a custom boot mode setup in the bios, unknown to me, I never did it. I just played with some settings and restore factory keys or something and then switch from system to set up mode or whatever it is, disabled csm and enabled secure boot mode and passworded my bios. am I protected or is this vulnerable? I don't know what any of this stuff does and the manual does not explain what these features do or how they impact my system.

Could the custom bios boot mode enable someone else to control my internet connection? Anytime I mouth off, internet gets cut for 10 minutes. How do I secure my bios and internet adaptor? Do I need to sell off my hardware or something? Do I need to exchange modem at internet service provider?

·
Facepalm
8,194 Posts
how do I prevent windows update from every activating? I literally just did a fresh wipe, disabled wuaserv, stopped the service and then as soon as I plugged in my ethernet cable and opened Microsoft edge, windows update goes off. How do I prevent this from happening on my device. I don't want any updates ever. none. please help. I don't want anything modifying my machine unless I click install myself.

Also, what is secure boot mode do in the bios?
What does CSM do in the bios?

I noticed I had a custom boot mode setup in the bios, unknown to me, I never did it. I just played with some settings and restore factory keys or something and then switch from system to set up mode or whatever it is, disabled csm and enabled secure boot mode and passworded my bios. am I protected or is this vulnerable? I don't know what any of this stuff does and the manual does not explain what these features do or how they impact my system.

Could the custom bios boot mode enable someone else to control my internet connection? Anytime I mouth off, internet gets cut for 10 minutes. How do I secure my bios and internet adaptor? Do I need to sell off my hardware or something?

https://www.oo-software.com/en/shutup10

·
Banned
585 Posts
Wait, so was this Microsoft or was this intel or was it this website controlling my internet? It's not coincidence That I get a "customer improvement program logon" followed up by "dns" event in windows event viewer right before my internet gets cut off EVERY TIME I mouth off. It's not a coincidence. I'm not stupid. So tell me, Is it Microsoft, is it intel, or is it this website? If you guys don't want me apart of this scene just tell me and i'll leave and never come back.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try manual timings CL17 or below with tRC=tCL + tRAS
Is tRC value visibile in ASRock Timing Configuration?

I can see it just fine in Master's BIOS.

9621 - 9640 of 9787 Posts