Overclock.net banner

9661 - 9680 of 9802 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Just one thing to add. Keep getting system service exception bsods. CBR 20 and Realbench unstable.
Yea Falk would be the man you want since you are using auto Vcore i use DVID myself just a question do you need the Dram voltage so high i always found 1.35V plenty for 3200mhz ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey there! Please, help me figure out what is going on.
I've been using samsung 950 pro 512GB in M2P slot since I bought that MB (Z390 Aorus Master) and everything worked well. Couple of days ago I bought 970 Evo Plus 2TB and installed it in M2M slot - as a result, neither bios or windows recognizes new drive, but old one is still working. Swapped them so 950 pro is in M2M and 970 Evo is in M2P - both drives are now not recognized. So I removed 950 Pro, and installed only 970 evo plus in M2A slot and it worked! Then I installed 950 pro back to it's original place (M2P) and it still not recognized (in bios, in windows). I have no sata devices connected, no extension card installed except my GPU. Tried resetting bios to defaults, turn on\off secure boot. Non of these helped. Bios F11c from official site. What should I do to make both drives work?

·
Watercooled since 2003
30 Posts
Hey there! Please, help me figure out what is going on.
I've been using samsung 950 pro 512GB in M2P slot since I bought that MB (Z390 Aorus Master) and everything worked well. Couple of days ago I bought 970 Evo Plus 2TB and installed it in M2M slot - as a result, neither bios or windows recognizes new drive, but old one is still working. Swapped them so 950 pro is in M2M and 970 Evo is in M2P - both drives are now not recognized. So I removed 950 Pro, and installed only 970 evo plus in M2A slot and it worked! Then I installed 950 pro back to it's original place (M2P) and it still not recognized (in bios, in windows). I have no sata devices connected, no extension card installed except my GPU. Tried resetting bios to defaults, turn on\off secure boot. Non of these helped. Bios F11c from official site. What should I do to make both drives work?
I would remove drives & switch main bios to backup bios(F7 if memory serves), let it boot then reset to defaults and shutdown.

Put drives in again, boot. if it works or symptoms change i would blame bios.

If it doesn't work i would blame the new drive, my Sabrent was DOA and stopped my main system drive from booting when it was installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@XGS-Duplicity.

Thanks for the video. Sadly, Taylor is not my cup of tea, though it was an interesting video. I'm more of a Jazz, Rock, Blues, Orchestral, type of bloke. Give Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. That's my type of thing. Thanks though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea Falk would be the man you want since you are using auto Vcore i use DVID myself just a question do you need the Dram voltage so high i always found 1.35V plenty for 3200mhz ?

Thanks for reading. Hopefully, @Falkentyne will be able to take a look if he has the time. I'm not necessarily invested in auto vcore, it was just the only thing that I tried that would boot windows. I did try fixed vcore at 3.70v, but no go. I would happily try anything to get a stable overclock. Any suggestions welcome.

Thanks for the info re. ram too. I'll look into that. I was trying to get 3600 out of my extremely average Hynix Gskill RGB, but I don't really know anything about tightening ram timings at all.

·
Banned
585 Posts
can someone tell me why cpu-z is only showing x1 pcie linkwidth for graphics interface? my gpu is hooked up to the 16x slot

·
Premium Member
5,021 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Actually, that's not true, at least for my Master + RAM.
RAM is G.Skill 4x16GB (F4-3200C14Q-64GVK) stated to run at 1.35v.

In order to have HCI Memtest stable RAM with XMP On and everything else on Auto, DRAM voltage has to set at 1.36v.
Same for DRAM Training Voltage if I remember correctly.

If set at the default 1.35v most times it would not even pass training stage for default XMP.

But I do agree on his high voltage... I wonder what his temperatures are.

·
Premium Member
5,021 Posts
Run a game, then check GPU-Z when it's running. It goes to 1.1 when sleeping and not in use. If that isn't it, reinstall drivers. My second GPU was at 1.1 until I reinstalled the drivers.

Also, check in your BIOS, see if you have it set at Gen 3 for the PCI-E slot.

·
Banned
585 Posts
ok i just re inserted my pcie riser cable back into the motherboard. Now it is showing x16 3.0 linkspeed while gpu-z render test is going. I guess last time I took out the cable from the pcie slot i must not have inserted it all the way back in last time I put it back on or something.

·
Premium Member
5,021 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: XGS-Duplicity

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just out of curiousity guys,

I currently am at 5.1GHz/4.8GHz at 1.33V for my 9900KS. Temps are like mid 60s tops for gaming.
I can do 5.2GHz/4.8GHz at 1.36V and that would bring my temps to like slightly under mid 70s. Both with LLC High.

My SA/IO Voltage is 1.3V.

Becnhmarking wise I can do 5.3GHz/4.7GHz at 1.37V on LLC Turbo.

With respect to voltage, would you guys go blazing guns at 5.2GHz at 1.36V or go for a lower 5.1GHz at 1.33V (LLC High). Since I am gaming only at 3440x1440 120Hz, I would like to know if that extra 100MHz is actually going to be of any use at the expense of a slightly higher voltage and heat output.

Thanks in Advance guys!

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Banned
585 Posts
Well, I'm only using my PC for games and that's it. Nothing else matters.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAGnKpE4NCI

Then turn off hyperthreading and see how high you can go while staying within your comfort level when it comes to heat and voltage.

i'm testing this right now. acdc 1-1 vcore llc set to turbo and +100mv offset.

Ok whats going on? I'm on 5.3ghz 4.9ghz cache 8c/8t acdc-1 vcore llc turbo and +120mv offset now and i'm pulling LESS voltage than before when using vcore turbo llc. In the past, I had to go +200mv at vcore llc low just to get 1.365v-1.37v under load in cbr15 with water at low low temp. I don't understand this. This does not make any sense to me. i'm pulling 1.35v-1.375v now. I don't understand. I need to be able to replicate this for daily use because i'm always screwing around with my chip ocing. i'm not even using the air box. NONE OF THIS MAKES SENSE, it's NEVER behaved like this before. Can someone please explain this to me. It was never even windows stable at this low of voltage, especially with this cache ratio, not even with the air conditioning and cardboardbox jerryrig. i'm legit confused. please explain. I'm not in any shape or form complaining, i'm just legit confused.

EDIT: NEVERMIND I"M DUMB, LLC WAS LEFT ON HIGH and its not cbr15 stable at that voltage.
second edit: +130mv llc high is stable in cbr15. no stupid errors in hwinfo either. The only time I could even complete cbr15 at that low of voltage was with air conditioning cardboard box jerryrig. I don't understand. I'm afraid to even reset cmos now but i have to because memory oc needs to be adjusted for these clocks. What do I do?

What kind of voodoo is this? seriously, c15-3900 would never even make it past 10 seconds of hci with 53/49. THIS IS VOODOO I SWEAR TO GOD

testing this right now. acdc 1/1 vcore llc high +140mv offset. sa/io is set to 1.35v because i didn't even think this would make it past 10 seconds of HCI because any mem oc i did in the past wouldn't make it past 10 seconds of hci with 53/49 no matter what. VOODOO THIS **** IS VOODOO. NOW I KNOW WHY THEY CALL IT INTEL ROFL

ROFL I JUST RAN CINEBENCH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MEMTEST AND ITS FINE *** IS THISSSSSSSSSSSS LOL. VOODOO is the only explanation. damn black magic f*ckery rofl. The cbr 15 temps were 83c during the memtest but voltage never went above 1.38v lol. That **** NEVER happened in the past, especially at +140mv with vcore llc high with those temps, it would go up to like 1.39v or 1.395v if it went above 80c. WHAT IS GOING ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN. lol

ok second cbr15 run through an internal cpu error so i added 10mv, now voltage is above 1.387v load in cbr while memtesting. should i have lowered cache to 4.8 instead or only added 5mv instead of 10mv?

uhhh, another cpu internal error.

hmmmmm. I dunno what to think now. 50 guests in the thread earlier, anyone have any advices? Is it just cooling at this point or something?

testing non-avx fpu now

nevermind, i think i know what it is, it's water temp going beyond turbo spec or w/e so i end up chasing voltage. I guess this is where a delid and/or custom water cooling with 1 or 2 360mm rads comes in handy. am i right?

ehhh, i think i'll just go back to 5.1ghz with hyperthreading and c16 4200. I don't like the idea of a 9900k with ht off unless it's 5.25g or 5.3g or higher and i don't want 3900 ram at all unless it is 35ns or less.

Well well good news and bad news

The good news is someone texted me to buy my PC from me! Bad news is i won't be overclocking anymore, or at least not for a long time until i can afford to buy another PC. Thanks for all your help, it was fun. See you on the other side. @ENTERPRISE please remove this account from this website, thanks for having me.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well well good news and bad news

The good news is someone texted me to buy my PC from me! Bad news is i won't be overclocking anymore, or at least not for a long time until i can afford to buy another PC. Thanks for all your help, it was fun. See you on the other side. @ENTERPRISE please remove this account from this website, thanks for having me.

Best of luck mate. Sorry to see you go.

Dropped ram v down to 1.36 and upped to 3600. Windows stable it seems. Now to test. Thanks for the info.

9661 - 9680 of 9802 Posts