Overclock.net banner

10521 - 10540 of 10601 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looking forward to your finding with F11O, I was super lucky with the Rev2 as the original customer did not go through with this purchase at all.

Indeed you were. For a premium card like the Master is it was a little shocking to see that it was released with the two 8 pin ports. To then change it so very soon after it being available without not swap out choices is pretty grim.
Then again the whole GPU market is pretty grim in terms of pricing and availability.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Been away for awhile. So glad to see KendarWolf is still keeping this thread alive. I just installed the F11O modded from F9 modded. Memory training seemed better then F9. Wish I can say specific details but all I can say is my PC booted and Timespy and Port Royal scores look the same. My Memory and CPU overclocks seems the same. I hope my 3090 supports this so called "BAR" everyone is talking about. I looked at every setting in BIOS and cannot find anything related to BAR. HOWEVER, the upcoming NIVIDA driver rumored in March says it will become enabled.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Coming from f11nGk modded to f11o modded and got OEMID mismatch, but the flash went through. Reflashed just in case, no error.

After first clear cmos, memory training hung (maybe user error, might have missed something)

Second clear cmos, memory properly trained

·
Registered
1 Posts
3 small questions - too many? ok understand you
Не задавайте человеку сходу "слишком прямые вопросы", есть причины по которым он может не ответить публично), биосы эти с Твиктауна, ветки "Гигабайт бета биос", там они выкладываются для тестирования, источник их официальные сервера гигабайт, пока они не пройдут тестирование, в релиз ссылку не откроют, это может быть o версия,а может быть p или да же 12-ая в конце месяца или позже. В любом случае это официальные прошивки.

F11o - новее чем n,n-январский, а o- билд от 8 февраля. Чем отличаются они я частично знаю.

Если нужны детали, пишите на ру оверах в ветке z390 Gigabyte master в разделе материнские платы.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I can see on Amazon that Corsair LPX has a 16GB kit (2x8GB) 4000Mhz CL16, I cant find any other sub timing details on this CL16 kit. Can the Z390 Master handle 4 sticks of 8GB at 4000Mhz CL16 ?

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I can see on Amazon that Corsair LPX has a 16GB kit (2x8GB) 4000Mhz CL16, I cant find any other sub timing details on this CL16 kit. Can the Z390 Master handle 4 sticks of 8GB at 4000Mhz CL16 ?
I'm going on a limb here, but I'm sure I took my Team Group 4000 CL18 4x8gb set and ran down to CL16 timings and it trained and worked. But not 100% sure it was always stable...with stable I mean temperature wise, as with gaming, once its been hammered by my son for several hours gaming, it may game crash to desktop only. Never recall any BSOD or OS instability. At the time, I was testing memory timings overclock on F11C I believe though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
78 Posts
hmm could give it a try, would need to go to Windows then though as MacOS requires some weeks, installed the latest Bios f11n, still same issue.

Stupid question, as long as I stay inside Bios and begin of boot (max 2 seconds) could I run the CPU without a cooler without causing harm to it? Otherwise I need to get myself a cheap cooler for it to run it without the watercooling.
I would not run the CPU without some sort of heatsink/cooling.

Also bit cheesed with f11o date being under a week of the f11n gk. Tbh it seems like its f11n gk. With out the rgb but with fixes I requested.
Off to hassle e support for added RGB now. Anyone noticed any problem with f11o is fan header 3 more stable, is wake on lan still twice in bios?

Also why is this bios not passed to f12 yet, Were almost out of letters?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm going on a limb here, but I'm sure I took my Team Group 4000 CL18 4x8gb set and ran down to CL16 timings and it trained and worked. But not 100% sure it was always stable...with stable I mean temperature wise, as with gaming, once its been hammered by my son for several hours gaming, it may game crash to desktop only. Never recall any BSOD or OS instability. At the time, I was testing memory timings overclock on F11C I believe though.

With bios f11n offical z390 master 9900k overclock 5.0 ghz adaptive voltage 1.20v, my Crucial Ballistix 3600 mhz (4x8gb) work fine on my system, with stock voltage at 1.35v and 4000mhz 16-19-19-39 and with stock 16-18-18 38, however, bringing the voltage to 1.4v- setting vccio 1.05v sa 1.14v,, or at 4200mhz 18-20-20-40 at 1.35v setting vccio 1.08v and sa 1.16v..
Obviously you have to turn up a little bit and then it depends on the quality of the ram, processor and the motherboard

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
With bios f11n offical z390 master 9900k overclock 5.0 ghz adaptive voltage 1.20v, my Crucial Ballistix 3600 mhz (4x8gb) work fine on my system, with stock voltage at 1.35v and 4000mhz 16-19-19-39 and with stock 16-18-18 38, however, bringing the voltage to 1.4v- setting vccio 1.05v sa 1.14v,, or at 4200mhz 18-20-20-40 at 1.35v setting vccio 1.08v and sa 1.16v..
Obviously you have to turn up a little bit and then it depends on the quality of the ram, processor and the motherboard
I actually have similar settings on later bios. Currently on F11n modded and I'm sure the saved timings I have will train, but haven't tried testing them and actual use long term. I believe I'm running them at CL17 right now actually at 4000, but have to check. When I was on F10c(actually it was F11c) bios, that wrecked several DDR4 sets as far as training. QVL listed memory wouldn't train XMP and speeds all over the place. I literally sent back 4 or more sets of different DDR4 memory kits over that one bios before flashing a newer one and finding out it was all that bio causing me issues.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I actually have similar settings on later bios. Currently on F11n modded and I'm sure the saved timings I have will train, but haven't tried testing them and actual use long term. I believe I'm running them at CL17 right now actually at 4000, but have to check. When I was on F10c bios, that wrecked several DDR4 sets as far as training. QVL listed memory wouldn't train XMP and speeds all over the place. I literally sent back 4 or more sets of different DDR4 memory kits over that one bios before flashing a newer one and finding out it was all that bio causing me issues.

Yes with the previous bios even I could not train the memory for cas16 but only on cas17. It is an excellent card but for the ram I do not understand why it has these training difficulties and they do not solve with a bios that improves this

·
Registered
78 Posts
Silly reply as sure you probably do but you do manually set training voltage for the ram?

·
Registered
59 Posts
@TrebleTA Noticed in your guide you mention...

CPU VCCIO = 1.050v Default is too high. 1.25v max.
CPU System Agent Voltage (VCCSA ) = 1.150v Default is too high. 1.25v max.

Even tho mine had those default values noted they needed to be manually applied as the voltage for each value was much higher when noted.
VCCSA was at 1.308v max
VCCIO was at 1.232v max

Now reduced with manual settings.

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
@TrebleTA Noticed in your guide you mention...

CPU VCCIO = 1.050v Default is too high. 1.25v max.
CPU System Agent Voltage (VCCSA ) = 1.150v Default is too high. 1.25v max.

would that also apply for the 9900k, something that I've never bothered or known to change....?

Thanks
hello what are you referring to?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Silly reply as sure you probably do but you do manually set training voltage for the ram?
sorry but who are you answering and what do you mean?

·
Registered
78 Posts
@digix I was saying for them having memory training problems, more so at higher speed. I had some problems before I set the training voltage.

@Dibbler Yes that would affect the 9900k too. At mo I'm now using VCCIO 1.100 and VCCSA 1.200 for mine. Can go lower but in hwinfo it looks better yet the board still takes the VCCSA 1.200 abit higher under memory load. But the CPU VCCIO 1.100 is stable and in bios VCCSA is 0.100v more so stuck to that rule.

@digix his looking at my link below. In my signature.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys ,
I've updated Z390 aorus pro Bios yesterday (*F12d modded --> **F12l modded) ,
A huge performance drop with memory/cache speeds & latency

Memory_f12d_vs_f12l.png

So If there anyone else with Z390 aorus pro can confirm this pls.

*F12d modded - KedarWolf's.
**F12l modded - KedarWolf's + SPD write disable (modded by me).

Thanks ,

10521 - 10540 of 10601 Posts