Overclock.net banner
11681 - 11700 of 11725 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts
KedarWolf are you able to reply to my message please ?
Did you PM me or was it here?

Latest modded BIOS posted earlier in the thread the best.

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,053 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a Z390 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0)

Has anyone got a modded version latest bios that's compatible with my motherboard.

Preferred if HPET was forced off and lean towards having very low DPC latency but also have the option to turn resizable bar on/off.

ATM I have disabled my onboard LAN (using pci-e lancard) and onboard AUDIO to drop DPC latency alot but my mouse still feels floaty in games and I hate it.

No doubt some z390 people know what I'm talking about.

[email protected]/RTX3080/Z390 AORUS ELITE/3000mhz 16GB DDR4/WIN10 latest build

·
Registered
213 Posts
Do a search for it, im it sure there is a bios version on here would. Ht disabled that would be a custom bios. Dont think there will be one on here, else can ask on win-raid.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For Z390 Aorus pro wifi, which version has the best performance and boot times? I'm currently using the modded f12k from January 2021, but I found another modded f12k from December, and I also see a lot of people using modded f11. Confused as to which has the best performance and latency.

Edit: which microcode should I be on? It currently says "BE" in hwinfo. Also, how do I verify I'm on a modded bios?

Specs:
9700k, 1060 3gb, 2x8GB 3000Mhz ram, windows 11.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got a Z390 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0)

Has anyone got a modded version latest bios that's compatible with my motherboard.

Preferred if HPET was forced off and lean towards having very low DPC latency but also have the option to turn resizable bar on/off.

ATM I have disabled my onboard LAN (using pci-e lancard) and onboard AUDIO to drop DPC latency alot but my mouse still feels floaty in games and I hate it.

No doubt some z390 people know what I'm talking about.

[email protected]/RTX3080/Z390 AORUS ELITE/3000mhz 16GB DDR4/WIN10 latest build
I use this: Intelligent standby list cleaner (ISLC) v1.0.2.5 Released - Wagnardsoft Forum

Combined with the cmd prompts FR33THY talks about:
(he also talks about HPET around the 12:20 mark and a takeaway was you want to disable HPET in Windows via device manager but enable it in the BIOS, if you have the option. I found his whole video to be interesting, if you have 20 min)

My system has never felt so buttery smooth and responsive. Micro stutters are gone and input lag-wise, it feels like I "advanced the timing". I've gamed on this system with a 3440x1440 144hz monitor for a little over a year, and it's a totally new machine.

My brother just bought an Elite board for his build so I'll be looking for a modded BIOS too. You can do an advanced search for "Kedarwolf" and the keyword "Elite" or something.

• Rep+
Reactions: Coldblackice

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,
Is there a Z390 Aorus Ultra RGB Bios ? Or does F10/F10h version includes that (I am still on F9 version) ?
Thank you

EDIT : I have read a bunch of pages back... not sure F10/F10h is worth the troubble vs staying on old good F9. And no RGB version... so I think I am done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, i have Aorus z390 Pro Wifi, i7-9700k and Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 2x8 3200 cl16, Hynix. I have overclocked cpu to 5ghz but I can't get the ram up to frequency (only 3200 to 3600). I tried up to 4266mhz with voltage max 1.60v and cas 20 max but i have errors, reboot and reset the bios. Someone can help me? it seems impossible to get to 4000mhz at least

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey ya'll, to avoid having to dig through the thread, can anyone link a modded bios for the z390 AORUS pro? Having issues getting any RAM OC over 3800 to stick.
Hi i have the same problem, from 3800mhz i can't boot (i have corsair dominator platinum 3200mhz). I see that exist a modded bios, but this resolve this issue? It is a limitation of the motherboard?
Or what more do you get with modded bios? Thanks

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi i have the same problem, from 3800mhz i can't boot (i have corsair dominator platinum 3200mhz). I see that exist a modded bios, but this resolve this issue? It is a limitation of the motherboard?
Or what more do you get with modded bios? Thanks
Scroll up, it on this page, please look before requesting. Also over clicking 3200 to 3800 can that memory even go that high

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have read and tried everything but over 3800 I always have problems. I have the latest official BIOS, but I would like to know if it is better to flash modded BIOS and what benefits it brings
As I say if the default of the stick is 3200mhz there is no guarantee it will oc that high. Yet run my 3200 at 3600mhz.

High per event timing should be left to the system to control. Looked at the video and he even says let windows control by deleting the bcdedit vaule.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have read and tried everything but over 3800 I always have problems. I have the latest official BIOS, but I would like to know if it is better to flash modded BIOS and what benefits it brings
From what i know, you have to boost up VCCIO and System Agent ( -> i tested even 1,34 V ) to make your RAM stable. The higher you OC your ram and uncore / ring ratio, the more its all unstable i recognize. sometimes its the ram that gets unstable because of too high ring ratio. you need a lot vcore to stabilize the ring with heavy ram oc. i would try ring 40, ram oc like u want, and vccio + sa -> 1,34 v

·
Registered
15 Posts
From what i know, you have to boost up VCCIO and System Agent ( -> i tested even 1,34 V ) to make your RAM stable. The higher you OC your ram and uncore / ring ratio, the more its all unstable i recognize. sometimes its the ram that gets unstable because of too high ring ratio. you need a lot vcore to stabilize the ring with heavy ram oc. i would try ring 40, ram oc like u want, and vccio + sa -> 1,34 v
Thanks i have uncore at 47, i'll try to decrease and increase VCCIO and system agent

·
Registered
25 Posts
High per event timing should be left to the system to control. Looked at the video and he even says let windows control by deleting the bcdedit vaule.
That's not what he says at all. Through the video he's demonstrating what the values actually do, and you may have caught a snippet of that thinking that's what he was recommending, but go to around the 19:45 mark, he wraps up and summarizes. He says "useplatformclock No", "useplatformtick Yes" and "disabledynamictick Yes".

• Rep+

·
Registered
25 Posts
From my experience, running B-Die, from 3200Mhz to 4133Mhz @ 1.5v from 1.35v. Cl 18, from 14. My VCCIO and SA are showing 1.243v and 1.248v. Been running rock-solid stable for months, passed the tests running for hours, yadda yadda... Spent weeks working on it though; I'd call it a well-informed elementary attempt at a memory OC.

I didn't spend time on Tertiaries, but I sacrificed a little bit of latency for a big bump in bandwidth, like 2ns for 13000MB/s. I would show a before and after, but I don't want to mess with the training on this board so this is only the current:

Font Screenshot Computer Technology Electronic device

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: chinobino

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's not what he says at all. Through the video he's demonstrating what the values actually do, and you may have caught a snippet of that thinking that's what he was recommending, but go to around the 19:45 mark, he wraps up and summarizes. He says "useplatformclock No", "useplatformtick Yes" and "disabledynamictick Yes".
By default the 2 delete values are not there and if you read the ms doc sheet on bcdedit your see them settings are for debug only.
And they was saying about hpet disabled in device manager! And in video he leaves it alone. If you want to play with setting do more research I link what I use below, I use Islc too and get what he wants in video by default. 0.5ms
Yet most of the tweaks are not needed in later versions. Most was for windows 7-8 Yet work on lastest versions like 10 and 11. I use 3-4 of these settings. Like the first 2 he comments on then the msi, and use the msi utility v3, then the drivers to memory and 1-2 others

• Rep+
11681 - 11700 of 11725 Posts