Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Vlingo, which puts out a handful of voice recognition and virtual assistant apps for various phone platforms, is on a tear with 550 million voice actions in the third quarter of this year, up from 200 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. It also added 2.5 million users in the third quarter. The company has had more voice actions in 2011 than in the entire history of the company and the fourth quarter is shaping up to be another record breaker for Vlingo.

Source

This is great news for anyone looking for an alternative to Siri, especially those who own Android phones.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Inb4 Apple sues them for patent infringement. (even though Vlingo's been around longer than Siri)

·
Registered
445 Posts
No!!! No mention of patent war!

Can we just talk about how awesome this is? I think it is amazing what people have done with the voice recognition technology in recent years.

While for my use voice commands are gimmicks, I can see this great tech being useful to many people. Good for Vlingo!

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

Inb4 Apple sues them for patent infringement. (even though Vlingo's been around longer than Siri)

You forgot that it is tech from a prexisting company they bought

·
Registered
214 Posts
downloaded, loved it but siri has funnt answers if you ask stupid question, vlingo just says no answer found:(

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
been using it for a while and love it.
tbh, i really only use it in the car, and when i am drunk...its easier to text orally than type it out when i can barely see the keyboard.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnAimed;15346001
You forgot that it is tech from a prexisting company they bought
It still stands. Vlingo's been around longer than the iPhone itself. They've even been sued by the makers of Dragon Naturally Speaking, and won.

·
Prince of all Saiyans
4,196 Posts
Voice control is the future, open the pod bay doors? Funny to see all the apple haters and android fanboys scrabbling for an alternative.

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky-Bunker;15344194
Source

This is great news for anyone looking for an alternative to Siri, especially those who own Android phones.
lolz

I love it when everyone goes nuts for something that's just meh. I still prefer Vlingo. It's been around longer and is for everyone. How's that wrong? The only bad thing about Vlingo is that it doesn't interface with Google Voice on Adroid phones. It would be great if there were a way to get it to send texts through my Google Voice number instead of my phone but it cannot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts