Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a gigabyte EP45-UD3P and an e8400 wolfdale with 4g of TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX corsair memory

I had to dump the 680i because i wanted to try something new (any buyers?)

I am very unfamiliar with these bios settings and it is far more complicated than the 680i methods of overclocking due to the face there are no "overclocker's manual"

ANyone have any experience with a c2d cpu and this board ?

I dont know where to start as far as overclocking

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did i really screw up with that type of memory, i mean its corsair, but its also only ddr2 800 @ 1.8v

should i return it?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnovember
View Post

did i really screw up with that type of memory, i mean its corsair, but its also only ddr2 800 @ 1.8v

should i return it?

Well if you still can, and your trying to overclock more than just a little, I'd buy some 2x2gb 1066mhz set.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i still can , it actually hasnt even gotten here yet and i ordered it from the egg

Is there any reliable 1066 memory that will work with this board? Ive had some issues with my 680i board frying my memory.

SO i need reliable memory and Ive read that anything over 1.8v memory runs hot and that takes away at its reliability and makes it prone to failure?
I wonder if they make any 1.8v 1066 ddr2 memoy

Can you recomend the most reliable 1066 memory for this board?

·
Premium Member
3,285 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

Yes, I prefer Gskill for this board/cpu combo, but I am partial.

Check my sig for my BIOS settings, keep in mind that I have 8GB of RAM, so my MCH will be a tad higher than you would need with only 2 DIMMs populated. Also, come join us on the EP45-UD3P board that was linked above.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im open to suggestion too, anything you think is better as far as reliability ill consider.

BTW i moved the thread to the board thread linked above

1 - 12 of 12 Posts