Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, my lady is looking for some nice, bass heavy noise canceling cans. All the ones I seem to find are around the 450 dollar range, which is strange since I never figured they would be so much. Her budget range is around 200 dollars, and like always. For a reference, she really likes the 595s, but she really is in the market for noise cancellation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
878 Posts
Wel personally I think she's secretly telling you she'd like you more if you would just shaddup
but seriously though, check out bose noise cancelling area like they sell at best buy. Not that high on the bass spectrum, but still great noise cancelling headphones. On the plus side, they're extremely light! You'd do better if you had a budget of around 300, as it seems thats where the good ones seem to be located at
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, lets throw the noise canceling out of the mix. She wants to be able to listen to her MP3 player, and she really just wants some good cans.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry about the double post, but my lady is REALLY trying to get those Dr. Dre headphones, and I am doing my best to sway her away from spending 300 bucks on those.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,909 Posts
so, no noise canceling?

I really like my Audio Technica ESW9s, and they have some nice bass
. I think it can be bought for $200 or so, but beware of fakes

That, or maybe Beyerdynamic DT770s. I've never owned it before, but I've heard lots of good things about that one
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,330 Posts
My Sennheiser RS-160's arent 'noise canceling' but they do a good job of it. Cant hear anyone talking to me and they cant hear my music.

My 595's on the other hand are just awesome lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,848 Posts
Sennheiser's.

The HD595's are just plain epic. Even the 'lowly' HD280 Pro's are great.

Why she'd want to spend $300 on Beats is beyond me, unless she wants to be like the sheep that see the ad and go ZOMGDRDRE.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Schiltrom
View Post

Sorry about the double post, but my lady is REALLY trying to get those Dr. Dre headphones, and I am doing my best to sway her away from spending 300 bucks on those.


Quote:


Originally Posted by kingofyo1
View Post

check out bose noise cancelling area like they sell at best buy. Not that high on the bass spectrum, but still great noise cancelling headphones. On the plus side, they're extremely light! You'd do better if you had a budget of around 300, as it seems thats where the good ones seem to be located at

Whatever you do, don't buy Bose or Beats. Waayyyy overpriced. Looking into some closed back Sennheiser's or Audio-Technica's would be your best option. How about Audio-Technica ATH A700s?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
243 Posts
I suggest Dr. Dre's Beats then. The real ones. the $300 pair. They are super sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,237 Posts
Denon D2000s. The absolute last thing you want to get her are open-back headphones likes the 595s. Noise canceling is usually overpriced and doesn't do all that much. A good pair of closed backs like the D2000s will be much better, especially on your budget.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,807 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by CovertCover
View Post

555's? Modded to 595's?

It clearly says noise CANCELING in the title.


HD555's/HD595's are open.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, the 595's vs the beyerdynamic DT 770's. Which do you recommend. From the looks of it, the 770s have a deeper range, or am I reading this wrong?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,187 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by groundzero9
View Post

Denon D2000s. The absolute last thing you want to get her are open-back headphones likes the 595s. Noise canceling is usually overpriced and doesn't do all that much. A good pair of closed backs like the D2000s will be much better, especially on your budget.

+1 for Denon.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top