Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
LOS ANGELES, Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Nielsen Entertainment today released its third annual Active Gamer Benchmark Study, which shows that the social elements of video games are becoming an increasingly important part of the overall gaming experience. The research found that among the roughly 117 million Active Gamers in the U.S. in 2006, more than half (56%) play games online, and that 64% of all online gamers are women.
Yahoo! News

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Well alot of girls do play everquest and everquest 2..and wow.

I would say probably about 30% are females in MMORPGS. My old guild had 12 girls in it.

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by christian_piper
Chosen! They DONT have cooties.. It's a myth... Why cant we all just get along?

LOL I still don't bel;eive its accurate though

Hey think: WoW, Runescape, Pokemon type games, Kingdom hearts type games...

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
They say the are girls...
I estimate 20-30% of gamers are REAL girls. Does not matter to me, since most newer gamers are very socially ******ed.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Melcar
They say the are girls...
I estimate 20-30% of gamers are REAL girls. Does not matter to me, since most newer gamers are very socially ******ed.
Our guild required microphones and ventrilo, so the 12 girls in our guild were actually girls.

But most of those girls were married and playing because of there husbands.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
4 of those females were male characters. Heh.

·
Premium Member
8,376 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Murlocke
Our guild required microphones and ventrilo, so the 12 girls in our guild were actually girls.

But most of those girls were married and playing because of there husbands.
That's usually the case. Girls start playing because their husbands/boyfriends are gamers. This is why most girl gamers have a rather "empty personality" as far as gamers are concerned. Not many are "genuine" gamers.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
To be honest, most of the "women" were old guys pretending to be women or people who jokingly voted "I'm a girl lol"

Although there are plenty of actually female gamers, I don't think they would outnumber the males, I could be wrong though.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
that study is probably counting games like online poker and online hearts, which honestly I don't think is very accurate.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
I'm a girl, ......... and so is my Wife

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
You need to be a Man to be a good gamer... like my wife

1 - 20 of 59 Posts