Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used Windows 10 before(upgraded from 8) and it was the slowest, buggiest piece of crap I've ever used- some glitches even had me bursting out laughing. Used it for around four months and switched back. Is it still a steaming pile of "I can't believe they released this to the public", or should I give it another shot? Does the pro version's ability to delay updates make it seem like something worth paying money for?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Upgrading from an old OS to 10 has been problematic for a lot of people, including me. I upgraded a long standing Windows 7 installation to Windows 10 after I couldn't get rid of the incessant upgrade reminders. I had all kinds of (like you said, laughable) problems after the upgrade. I reverted almost immediately. But I continued to have some minor issues after the reversion.

So I did a clean install and followed the advice I had read elsewhere. If you are going to upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous installation, the best possible way is to upgrade from a fresh install of the old OS. So basically, install a fresh copy of Windows 8, don't do any updates or driver installs, don't do anything, just google "upgrade to Windows 10" and start the upgrade from the site. This worked like a charm for me (and lots of others that reported the method).

·
Premium Member
5,821 Posts
Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro won't have any major stability or usability differences. Windows 10 Pro can host RDP sessions and join a domain, along with some other goodies.

If you want to try Windows 10 again, I'd suggest doing so with a clean installation

1 - 3 of 3 Posts