Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Ive got my whole system ready for leak testing and had one last question to ask....

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...asic-loop.html

on #12 of this thread it says to unplug everything and just plug in the pump, and put a paper clip in a green and black. Hes showing this using the main 20 power connector. So do I really put the paper clip like shown or am I missing something??

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
correct... or you can do what i did and use another powersupply or an old computer you have laying around to power just the pump...

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean W.
View Post

correct... or you can do what i did and use another powersupply or an old computer you have laying around to power just the pump...

That would be nice but I don't unfortunately. I do have an i7 965xe laying around waiting for its new motherboard and memory. Cant wait for that!

·
Registered
191 Posts
In my case.. the paperclip had a clear plastic coating around it ( that you can't see )
You have to strip this off so the pins can make contact...

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
Green n Black with a paperclip jumpstarts the PSU, correct :)

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
small piece of wire or lamp cord will work just fine as well. Cross pin #4 green to any of the 3 black wires (5,6, or 7) as they are ground. Just make sure the PS is either off or unplugged when you do this so you don't hurt yourself or short out your PS

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
This has been one of my best friends since i started WC a few years ago......makes leak testing/bleeding very easy. You can also do it the way everyone else has suggested with the paperclip.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I still use a old antec pc power tester with a rocker switch. I payed like 10 bucks for it many years ago and it sill works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts