Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys have been gaming with a 2600k for about 8 years now. OCed it to 4.4 about a year after purchasing it with all voltage settings left on auto and a max voltage under full load of 1.401. It's been great and have had zero issues for 7 years now, it has been a tank. It's finally time for me to either buy a 10900k or see what Ryzen has in store in a few months but until then I want to see how much I can improve the OC on my baby (2600k). I am aware that the auto voltage is a lazy way to over clock and I should have put the time in to get a proper voltage however I just want to know how high is it safe to go with the auto voltage before it becomes an issue and what those issues will be? I have gotten it to 4.6 with it pulling max voltage of 1.424 while still on auto settings, only starting to run into slight temp issues hitting 80c under full stress test. After reading a ton of forum posts on the 2600k I get a mixed bag of what an okay voltage is to run on it, I'm not looking to just fry it in a pursuit for a higher clock but more what I can get stable on it or what I could have pushed it to all those years ago. Currently has a hyper 212 evo so I'm going to go out and grab a better cooler to put on it just for the sake of curiosity. Any help or opinions is greatly appreciated!

System specs

i7 2600k + 212 Evo

Asus P8Z68-V PRO GEN 3
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600
EVGA 650w Supernova G+

·
Registered
82 Posts
Average oc for 2600k is 4.5ghz 1.35v. Start from there. Dont use auto for OC. That cooler is OK for moderate oc, but first find min stable voltage for those 4.6ghz. If you achieve significant downvolt from 1.42v,try 4.7ghz

In general, max safe voltage is in corelation with temps. It is better to run 1.45v on 70c then 1.35v on 90c

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will try 4.5 @ 1.35. I've always had LLC at regular on my mobo which states 0% and extreme being 100%, should I leave that alone unless I run into voltage issues?

·
somewhere on ocn
284 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts