Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://gizmodo.com/5499723/samsung-s...n-a-commercial

Quote:
Samsung's Omnia II handset was the first phone to feature Swype, the super-fast input method for texting. It's now officially the world's fastest way to text, breaking the Guinness World Record with five seconds to spare.

Check it out in the video below, where Swype's intern Franklin Page set the new record for the fastest text created, at 35.54 seconds. Guinness always uses the same message for texting records:

Makes me proud to have my Samsung behold, even with it's crappy TouchWiz.
Fastest texting phone manufacturer in the world baby!

·
Banned
1,915 Posts
Yep, cool stuff, works on HTC HD2 as well.

Quote:
Wow, that's really fast. Don't understand what the heck he is doing though...
It's easy, once you change finger direction, app registers letter, then checks dictionary to see *** are you trying to say, also software learns new words, so you can even teach it any words.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I have swype on my Tilt 2 and it works great. I definetly text faster than the regular keyboard. (even though the keyboard on this phone is imo, one of the easiest phones to type with. (I have large hands))

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Swype is awesome, I have it on my touch pro (original, not TP2), it's available for most phones if you look hard enough, check XDA Developers site.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowclock
View Post

Wouldn't speech to txt be faster?

but then you wouldn't be typing

·
Starting to become a BOFH
10,471 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowclock
View Post

Wouldn't speech to txt be faster?

Apparently, you don't see the convenience of texting. What if you're in a corporate meeting and, say, your better half needs something right away. Can't exactly excuse yourself from a corporate meeting.

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by marattack View Post
damn that was really fast! I could get it down if I had that phone though.

What phone do you have, Swype is available for any android or WinMo 6.x phone.

·
Premium Member
4,403 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786 View Post
Apparently, you don't see the convenience of texting. What if you're in a corporate meeting and, say, your better half needs something right away. Can't exactly excuse yourself from a corporate meeting.
I see your point. It is difficult $exting around other people if you use speech to txt. I still love the feature under the right circumstances.

However they do say

Quote:
It's now officially the world's fastest way to text
...speech to text is still texting...so again...is it not faster?

·
Premium Member
10,490 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by legoman786
View Post

I don't know in what schizophrenic organization you work at, where it's okay to text while in a meeting, but excusing yourself for a few moments isn't cool. If you're contributing so little that they don't mind if you bury your head in your phone between it vibrating, or dinging then I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you walked out of the room for 2 minutes.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts