Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

Not new to overclok.net, in fact I've been visiting this site for months and I've learned a lot thanks to many people posting, but finally I decided to make the step... to become a new member.

I've been overclocking for sometimes my 2,5 year old rig, which I custom made, however I didn't know much about ocing then and made some mistakes choosing the hardware... especially the crappy motherboard, which won't go much further than 240 FSB without crying

I'm planning on building a new rig before next summer, but it looks to be soooo difficult to choose hardware among so many possibilities...
Thanks in advance for your help.

See you in the forums.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by eiger

Hi everybody,

Not new to overclok.net, in fact I've been visiting this site for months and I've learned a lot thanks to many people posting, but finally I decided to make the step... to become a new member.

I've been overclocking for sometimes my 2,5 year old rig, which I custom made, however I didn't know much about ocing then and made some mistakes choosing the hardware... especially the crappy motherboard, which won't go much further than 240 FSB without crying

I'm planning on building a new rig before next summer, but it looks to be soooo difficult to choose hardware among so many possibilities...
Thanks in advance for your help.

See you in the forums.

Good to have you onboard, welcome to the best overclocking boards out there! Check the FAQs/reviews and members' opinions, they'll help with your decisions greatly. Before I stumbled on to this forum I was thinknig I was sitting pretty with my COMPAQ lol, all of our fisrt buys usually aren't great.
Enjoy your stay here =)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Maybe we should vote to see if you qualify for noobie status? HEHE!
Just jok'n around. Its hard for new members to be NEW? I think its a stature thing, a right of passage. The truth is many members were very experienced overclockers, gammers, modders, IT pros, Admin, Moderators, etc... before they found there way to OC.NET. I have been here for sometime yet I feel like a noob simply because the calber of knowledgable members is so high that playing catchup is a regular thing for me.
Anyway, consider yourself NOOBED now that didn't hurt that much , did it? Enjoy. Have you thought about joining one of the Folding Teams? The contest starts next week and there are still teams looking for members last I looked?

Oknilp.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Hi and WELCOME

1 - 5 of 5 Posts