1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dances with a Screwdriver
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
If it's a video driver problem the problem would go away when you change the driver to an older one or newer one. Looks more like either the panel or the cable.

·
Rabies is my business
4,363 Posts
I hope by "technician" you don't mean Geek Squad.

·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Asus laptop F555la, internal cable, i3 CPU, Intel video chip, Windows 10, stock driver that came with Windows 10 (had not connected to anything yet) It was like this out of the box. If it was driver issue, I would think it'd be fixed before Asus shipped thousands of this laptop.

The technician is not Geek Squad, it is an eBay seller. eBay sellers is probably biased to blame all problem on ID-10-T but I still think it is hardware and not software problem as the seller insisted. If all else fails and I can't make the LCD glitch go away, I can always open claim, seller rarely wins on eBay claim anyway and I sure as heck not throwing away $300 on new laptop that doesn't work right.

·
Eh, Wha?
9,940 Posts
Quick easy test - boot up a linux live CD and see if the issue persists.

If it does, it is 100% certain a hardware problem.

·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tried live booting Ububtu and Knoppix, both showed the same thing. It is always exactly the left half of the screen. And only when displaying graphic, it didn't show anything odd when it was showing text like BIOS screen and setup screen.

Is there a chance that Intel video chip has glitch? I would think if it was a bad cable, the glitch would be present in both text and graphic mode?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts